Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Covid19: M&M Elite Status Extensions?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23, 2020, 8:56 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, Oneworld Silver
Originally Posted by wien_expat
I'm getting more frequent updates and more detailed information from fringe hotel chains where I hold middle-status than I do M&M. That last 'Senator News' email was more words to say more or less nothing tangible than I've ever seen. This situation is quite frustrating, and loyalty will likely end up being to the cheapest c-class rather than to Star Alliance/LH.
Yes... I feel the same. I know we are in the midst of a crisis (before everyone reminds me!!) but I feel unable to make any plans which maintain my loyalty to LH Group (which has been strong over the years). Chiefly, I have (and can get) no idea of (a) whether status extensions or status concessions will be granted to those with expiry in Feb 2022; (b) whether and when the new status structure will be introduced (thank you to those who answered with ideas and assurances- I am genuinely grateful except for the sarcasm about crystal balls !!- but it would be good to hear a date from LH rather than an indefinite postponement, notwithstanding the legal stuff etc. which Oliver mentioned), and (c) whether F and HON as we know them will continue on LH and LX.

I can believe those who say "LH is in such a crisis that not even CS knows the answers to those questions- it's about survival just now and nothing else", but we all need to make plans and it just seems that, perhaps by luck rather than design, other carriers who I may well switch to (principally TK or BA) have a much more stable offering at the moment in terms of the three things above. I guess part of the problem is that LH was in the process of renewing and reviewing certain things (F or not and on which eqpt, introduction of new status structure) when the pandemic hit, whereas BA had brought in a tier system quite similar to the postponed LH system some time ago. And TK has not (for many years, if ever) had F or really a HON equivalent, so the question doesn't arise. But the simplicity of common IST lounge provision by TK (for now, unless they do go ahead with an "Exclusive Lounge" which the ever-helpful ISTFlyer has pointed out) does start to seem mightily attractive when set against the complexity and uncertainty of the LH Group offering. Of course, everything can change...
Old Jan 4, 2021, 6:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
I am wondering if we will get FTL status extended this year, like it was last year for those with expiry in February 2021 (my status expires in February 2022). Truth is, it's looking like it's going to be hard, no less, to make those 30 segments this year. That is sort of why I was looking at a ticket with a transit in WAW in the other thread. The price was so cheap for 2 segments, around €90, a hotel would have cost between €9 and €21, depending on which one. But like I said, now's not the time to mess about. GVA, one of my main destinations, has very few flights going in to it, mostly KLM, sometimes nothing (weekends are dead). So I reckon, unless things pick up around Easter, it's going to be touch and go with qualifying.
Old Jan 4, 2021, 7:01 am

Programs: A3*G, LH*FQTV
Yeah, I was wondering about FTL status extension too or at least some form of clarification whether there might be a reduction of the required segments coming up later this year – but since there's no communication at all I don't think I'm gonna try to requalify. In a normal year enough LHG K segments, that I can't credit over at A3, would just pile up, but this year I'd probably have to go out of my way to push the counter to 30. Even though FTL status did come in handy during early summer – the VIE OS lounge was shut down and M&M status holders incl. FTLs were invited to the only open lounge, while other *Gs were locked out – and on the occasional EW flight, I don't think it's worth it.
Old Jan 4, 2021, 8:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm really debating as how to play it. Normally, hitting 30 segments is easy for me and any other travel I dedicate to SkyTeam (Flying Blue) which interests me more. Right now I'm struggling to even find direct flights and the train seems to offer better options. Also, a lot of my gigs have dried up so there's not the same need to travel.

At the beginning of April I expect to have a clearer idea how to proceed, so I will more or less decide then whether to pursue it or not.
Old Jan 4, 2021, 9:22 am

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
LH Logic

For those with Exp 02/21: 2019 was a normal year but 2020 was a write-off, so we're going to give you a year's extension

For those with Exp 02/22: 2020 was a write-off and 2021 is going to be at least 50% write-off, so we won't give you any extension.... but watch this space and we might throw you a bone in December if you're lucky.
Fotti and Comatose.Captain like this.
Old Jan 4, 2021, 10:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I don't need a bone in December! I need a bone now. And a plate of sausages!
Old Jan 4, 2021, 3:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by Concerto
! I need a bone now. And a plate of sausages!
Maybe that’s the new LH J Intra EU offer

Stamps in the passport could be the least of our problems
Old Jan 5, 2021, 3:06 am

Programs: LH-SEN, DL-Platinum
I've not received a new SEN card nor has my online card updated -- still shows 2/21 expiry. Should I have received an extension of status by now?
Old Jan 5, 2021, 6:30 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by econprof
I've not received a new SEN card nor has my online card updated -- still shows 2/21 expiry. Should I have received an extension of status by now?
This is what M&M app says. I’d wait a few more weeks.

Old Jan 5, 2021, 1:13 pm

Meanwhile, people having their status expiring 2/22 (which is also including the people having theirs expire 2/21, who HAD THE WHOLE 2019 TO REQUALIFY, BUT DIDN'T) wonder if they'll get any kind of extension if flying is back to something similar autumn-winter 2021.. (with many probably failing to requalify 2021 as well as 2020, for obvious reasons)
yurtripper likes this.
Old Jan 5, 2021, 3:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I think it's plausible, because it's going to be really difficult to fly as normal this year. Even cutting down a bit will make it difficult to qualify. I don't have a hugely positive opinion about M&M, but I feel reasonably optimistic about this one. If things don't start rolling by springtime, end of spring at the latest, the qualifying year will be hard to recuperate.
Old Jan 26, 2021, 7:27 am

Programs: SN SEN*, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Spire Elite
Almost a month has passed in the new calendar and I had 0 flights. My first 2 work trips which where planned March/April have been cancelled last week because of the growing uncertainty being able to control the pandemic. I.e. vaccination going way slower then assumed, variants, kids are now more suspectible too etc.... Anyway, what are the odds that Miles & More would consider 2021 also as a 'waived' year? My personal situation allowed me to re-qualify in 2021 or 2022. But I am pretty sure 2021 is not going to happen for me. I hate having just one year to qualify. I know under the new system it will always be the case, but I'd like to get the most out of the old system one more time. So I am just hoping 2021 won't 'count' and I would get 2022 and 2023 to re-qualify under the old system and giving me 2 years of status before having to go with the new system. Wishful thinking?

https://www.reuters.com/article/heal...-idUSL8N2K1465
Old Jan 28, 2021, 7:16 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
My stepfather's SEN account that was set to expire next month just received a status extension to 2/22.
Old Jan 28, 2021, 7:55 am

I do think they need to do more around this. I've just started the first of my two year qualifying period for SEN. I have flights booked in March, May, June and October, already enough to get me 80% of the way there. I suspect both March and May which are to the US are unlikely to go ahead.
Old Jan 28, 2021, 10:51 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, Oneworld Silver
I would still like to know when the Summer timetable will be firmed up. I guess this will have some influence on any further status extensions...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.