Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lufthansas understanding of Customer Service in F

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2019, 2:17 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by shipsmail
I agree that this happens from time to time with LH F and it shoudn‘t. My last outbound flight to SIN on the A380 was about the same as the OP reported.
Conspiracy theory: there seems to be a pattern; do they send all the bad FA apples on the FRA-SIN route?

Probably just coincidence or FAs hate the late departure time of the SIN flights.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 2:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by worldclubber

Conspiracy theory: there seems to be a pattern; do they send all the bad FA apples on the FRA-SIN route?

Probably just coincidence or FAs hate the late departure time of the SIN flights.
Not IME, quite the opposite unless it’s a very new trend

Will find out later this week
Old Jan 6, 2019, 2:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Offshore171

Your description of the service sounds more like Luftwaffe than Lufthansa...
And on a bad day
Old Jan 6, 2019, 2:53 am

Programs: LH HON, AF Platinum

I don’t know. EU to SFO is by far my most popular route and all of the F FAs I talk to on that segment tell me they far prefer the Asia flights on the basis of timings.

Old Jan 6, 2019, 3:59 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by chris63
Not IME, quite the opposite unless it’s a very new trend
One FA I know quite well told me that they like the late departure because they get more time in SIN and expect a fairly quiet flight, as most pax sleep most of the time; not necessarily because they like to serve food and bubbly at 1 a.m. (or all night long)
Old Jan 6, 2019, 4:09 am
htb

Programs: UA*G(1K), PC Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum

Your a regular F flyer & a member here, so I would expect you to know that LH F is dining on demand but anyway, it is specifically the Pursers job to inform you of that with the welcome onboard.
I have flown LH first in the past and I'm a regular here, but I didn't know that I would have to pre-order for dining-on-demand. Seems to defeat the purpose.

HTB.
PatongPilot likes this.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 6:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by htb
I have flown LH first in the past and I'm a regular here, but I didn't know that I would have to pre-order for dining-on-demand. Seems to defeat the purpose.

HTB.
Proceedure is, Purser explains in the welcome onboard, it’s Dining on demand & then the FA’s come with the Menu ask what you want to eat & when & should they wake you for breakfast.

If that procedure breaks down, as with the OP the flight deck will have eaten everything
Old Jan 6, 2019, 6:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

One FA I know quite well told me that they like the late departure because they get more time in SIN and expect a fairly quiet flight, as most pax sleep most of the time; not necessarily because they like to serve food and bubbly at 1 a.m. (or all night long)
Yes, FA’s tell me on that route that it’s a favourite, Singapore is nice & they get to stay at the Pan Pacific ^
Old Jan 6, 2019, 6:14 am

Originally Posted by htb

HTB.
Yup. I only knew it was DoD because was told so in my very first F flight on LH in 2016. Since then, it wasn’t readily apparent or routinely communicated. That said, I assumed all food went somewhere if not consumed by passengers during meal time, so I instinctively knew to communicate my intentions early.

Also, I almost always experience a sad FA when I turn down a meal (except when it’s a very late night flight and they knew the drill). It was irritating at first because I am very thin and thought they were intimating I should eat more or something, but I think I was overthinking it. They just want you to enjoy.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 6:24 pm
SPG Contributor Badge

Programs: SLH Indulged, M&M, SPG, IHG Elite, Hyatt Member
Originally Posted by sophialite
Yup. I only knew it was DoD because was told so in my very first F flight on LH in 2016. Since then, it wasn’t readily apparent or routinely communicated. That said, I assumed all food went somewhere if not consumed by passengers during meal time, so I instinctively knew to communicate my intentions early.
Really odd. For a return-price of nearly 10,000 EUR I'd expect they keep every variant of food available at all times for me to eat - nay, even kneel next to my seat while holding the plates for me... Saving on the wrong end LH...
ParisMoskau likes this.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 10:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lightwalker
Really odd. For a return-price of nearly 10,000 EUR I'd expect they keep every variant of food available at all times for me to eat - nay, even kneel next to my seat while holding the plates for me... Saving on the wrong end LH...
Exactly, some years back when the A380 was new, I flew back from JFK & the Guy next to me had paid 12k USD for a return trip to FRA & as he had no status they asked Him last for His meal choice, they didn’t even have His second preference left, he told the Purser never again LH F, they lost a customer just because they were cutting corners on loading F meals...
lightwalker likes this.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 10:26 am

Have you in the last two years not gotten your first choice in F? I’ve flown it about 20 times and have always gotten it. And a few times I’ve been asked last. I guess I am fine because I rarely order the red meat option, but I also never do the veg option, which I assume is usually all that’s left.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 10:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sophialite
Have you in the last two years not gotten your first choice in F? I’ve flown it about 20 times and have always gotten it. And a few times I’ve been asked last. I guess I am fine because I rarely order the red meat option, but I also never do the veg option, which I assume is usually all that’s left.
No but as HON they are supposed to ask us first & invariably do, I have fairly recently heard complaints from other Pax that their meal choice was unavailable, for sure they don’t load anything like 1 of each main per pax.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 10:55 am

Programs: SEN**, Ex TK Elite+, Ex IB Sapphire, Hyatt Gold, Bonvoy, Meliá Platinum

Exactly, some years back when the A380 was new, I flew back from JFK & the Guy next to me had paid 12k USD for a return trip to FRA & as he had no status they asked Him last for His meal choice, they didn’t even have His second preference left, he told the Purser never again LH F, they lost a customer just because they were cutting corners on loading F meals...
I am speachless! I suppose almost all F class pax fly on company's expences, if you pay from your own pocket or you are very wealthy or you like throwing money through the window!
Old Jan 7, 2019, 11:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kai.lileboo
I am speachless! I suppose almost all F class pax fly on company's expences, if you pay from your own pocket or you are very wealthy or you like throwing money through the window!
The Gentleman in question was anything but speechless, the whole cabin knew what happened & His opinion of LH, frankly I had every sympathy for his point of view & he was paying his own ticket.
vantage03 and lightwalker like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.