Lufthansas understanding of Customer Service in F

Old Jan 8, 2019, 2:25 am

I flew to Sin in F last May (out of my own pocket) and am doing so again this year and had no idea that the service was dine on demand. The crew came around asking what I wanted to eat after take-off and seemed alarmed when I said I didn't want anything at 11pm and just wanted to sleep. I was never offered the chance or given the impression that I could eat when I wanted, it was eat after take-off and then breakfast before landing.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 2:29 am
htb

Programs: UA*G(1K), PC Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by trb10
I was never offered the chance or given the impression that I could eat when I wanted, it was eat after take-off and then breakfast before landing.
That's exactly my experience as well.

HTB.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 2:32 am

Programs: LH HON, QF CLP1, SQ TPPS, AF Plat, VS Gold, VA Plat, EK Gold, HH Dia, WoH Globalist, Marriott Plat
Again I must be flying a different airline as I have never ever not had my first meal choice in LH F and Iíve flown it a ridiculous number of times in the last few years. This ranges from when I had no status and was on KrisFlyer award tickets booked a week out, to FTL, SEN and HON... the only catering fails Iíve had is when a special meal hasnít been loaded.
chris63 likes this.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 3:33 am

Programs: DL DM, FB Gold
Originally Posted by sophialite
OP seems overly self-conscious about how he or she is viewed/perceived by others (I.e., maybe they realized I was just 22...), especially the flight attendants, and seems to be connecting the dots in weird ways. Again, I do think the FAs werenít on par, but the account is tainted by a lot of projection and belief about what the FAs thought about him.
Youíve called the OP ďweirdĒ about eight times in this thread now, I am not sure how this helps the thread. It just makes him think that he is at fault for being treated so poorly. Being an F flight attendant is about catering to all kinds of people - I donít think that pointing out what you think of as character flaws does any good. Besides, it looks like OP was not the only one to question what FAs thought about him.

Also, I almost always experience a sad FA when I turn down a meal (except when itís a very late night flight and they knew the drill). It was irritating at first because I am very thin and thought they were intimating I should eat more or something, but I think I was overthinking it.
chris63, PatongPilot and andywaw like this.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 3:41 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH SEN, AF Silver
Originally Posted by David7

You’ve called the OP “weird” about eight times in this thread now, I am not sure how this helps the thread. It just makes him think that he is at fault for being treated so poorly. Being an F flight attendant is about catering to all kinds of people - I don’t think that pointing out what you think of as character flaws does any good. Besides, it looks like OP was not the only one to question what FAs thought about him.

I inserted a caveat that the FAs objectively acted unprofessionally. And my assessment of the OP is in my view all the more valid if I am/was a bit self-conscious too when I first flew in F.

This is a forum for dialogue, not useless yes-people. The latter can just go comment on TPG or Instagram or something.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 3:59 am

Programs: DL DM, FB Gold
This is a forum for dialogue, not useless yes-people. The latter can just go comment on TPG or Instagram or something.
I just think criticism that is all subjective and not backed by reasoning or proof has its place in private if you know someone well, but making character judgements on a public forum based on a strangerís account of a flight just seems a bit out of place to me. But maybe youíre right and Instagram is a better place for me to comment. (I wonder if admitting this would make me a weird yes-person...)
chris63 and andywaw like this.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 4:02 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH SEN, AF Silver
Originally Posted by David7
I just think criticism that is all subjective and not backed by reasoning or proof has its place in private if you know someone well, but making character judgements on a public forum based on a strangerís account of a flight just seems a bit out of place to me. But maybe youíre right and Instagram is a better place for me to comment. (I wonder if admitting this would make me a weird yes-person...)
Really you and I are making the same point but at different people. From my perspective, some of OP's points regarding his/her treatment seem subjective (i.e., FA seemed upset, less enthusiastic, etc.). Reading people isn't an easy task, and in these situations it's difficult to tell whether OP is truly at fault or the staff (especially since, as you say, we don't know the OP well).

I'll repeat this again--there are definitely points where the FAs acted unprofessionally and it's worthy of complaint through the usual channels. But there are other points that are subjective and hard to tell if OP is just expecting too much. "Weird" was probably the wrong word to use, but hopefully you get at what I'm trying to say.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 6:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Originally Posted by kai.lileboo
I am speachless! I suppose almost all F class pax fly on company's expences, if you pay from your own pocket or you are very wealthy or you like throwing money through the window!
This is utterly nonsense. With F/C sales from different hubs all araound Europe and all year round I fly F/C with my family of five on most vacation trips. Calculating miles, cash back and PPB points, the fares are sometimes very reasonable.
chris63, Raul_R and wfiring12 like this.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 6:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by vantage03
Again I must be flying a different airline as I have never ever not had my first meal choice in LH F and Iíve flown it a ridiculous number of times in the last few years. This ranges from when I had no status and was on KrisFlyer award tickets booked a week out, to FTL, SEN and HON...
Your not 😁
Your experience is as mine
Old Jan 8, 2019, 6:42 am

Location: between DM464 and DM463 on the NAPSA26 RNAV TRANS in EDDM
Programs: this and that
Originally Posted by chris63

Your not 😁
Your experience is as mine
Sorry to spoil the party (and I can only throw in 5 segments in LH First), but I had a case where they ran out of my preferred meal by the time they did come around to ask me what I would like to eat.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 7:15 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by s0ssos
I am curious how many international first flights you have taken
Eight. Six of them on LH.
During none of those flights did I expect an FA to magically appear as soon as I turned on a light. The OP's expectations are obviously very different.
sophialite likes this.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 7:52 am

Originally Posted by GFrye
During none of those flights did I expect an FA to magically appear as soon as I turned on a light. The OP's expectations are obviously very different.
I would describe Lufthansa as more aloof.
I suppose you have coloured your view of how first class should be based on LH. Japanese carriers, for example, are very attentive (too much for some people).
Old Jan 8, 2019, 8:10 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by s0ssos
I would describe Lufthansa as more aloof.
I suppose you have coloured your view of how first class should be based on LH. Japanese carriers, for example, are very attentive (too much for some people).
Fair enough.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 8:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: IB G; EY S
I'll repeat this again--there are definitely points where the FAs acted unprofessionally and it's worthy of complaint through the usual channels. But there are other points that are subjective and hard to tell if OP is just expecting too much. "Weird" was probably the wrong word to use, but hopefully you get at what I'm trying to say.
Originally Posted by GFrye
So what do you do when flying F if youíd like to get the FAís attention? If no one ever looks into the cabin to see the light burning, you have to either go to the galley or press the call button. Neither of which make for a great F experience
Old Jan 8, 2019, 8:38 am
Suspended

I didn't realize that first class passengers aren't expected to be able to do anything themselves. Would you expect the FA to feed you as well? Perhaps you expect them to wipe you in the bathroom as well?
I guess airlines should start selling Pampered Class for people who can't do anything themselves. I'm surprised you managed to walk onto the aircraft on your own.

You remind me of aceboy44 over at the Emirates board.
Here's one of his train wreck threads: Poor First Class Experience With Emirates
Another one: Emirates screwed my birthday party
roberto99 and MichielR like this.

Last edited by GFrye; Jan 8, 2019 at 8:46 am

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.