Community
Wiki Posts
Search

M&M Mastercard and Diners for UK members [ended April 2021]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2021, 3:01 am

Programs: Amex Centurion - BA Silver - IHG Diamond Elite - HHonors Diamond - M&M
Originally Posted by chris63
Why just ‘mention’ .... Lufthansa induced you to have a CC to keep your miles alive, they unilaterally removed partner cards from the U.K.
all terms & conditions within the U.K. have to be fair & reasonable otherwise they are not legal

What LH / M&M are doing, if they reclaim your miles under the circumstances is patently unfair, unreasonable & illegal in U.K. Law & that’s what you need to spell out to them !
I've asked again pointing out I'm being penalised through the actions of LH/MM. LufthansaGermanAirlines
chris63 likes this.

Last edited by pmcg; Sep 14, 2021 at 3:51 am
Old Sep 14, 2021, 6:44 am

Programs: Amex Centurion - BA Silver - IHG Diamond Elite - HHonors Diamond - M&M
Why just ‘mention’ .... Lufthansa induced you to have a CC to keep your miles alive, they unilaterally removed partner cards from the U.K.
all terms & conditions within the U.K. have to be fair & reasonable otherwise they are not legal

What LH / M&M are doing, if they reclaim your miles under the circumstances is patently unfair, unreasonable & illegal in U.K. Law & that’s what you need to spell out to them !
Got another reply:
"I'm not the right person to assist you with this question...contact Miles and More".

I know how well it went when I contacted M&M the last time with the standard Cut & Paste program info. response so looks like I'll have to pay the money to extend the miles or simply burn them.

All in all I think this is very poor from LH given the current situation and lack of card offering to the UK market.
chris63, hugolover and Teatimer like this.

Last edited by pmcg; Sep 14, 2021 at 6:50 am
Old Sep 14, 2021, 1:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by pmcg
Got another reply:
"I'm not the right person to assist you with this question...contact Miles and More".

I know how well it went when I contacted M&M the last time with the standard Cut & Paste program info. response so looks like I'll have to pay the money to extend the miles or simply burn them.

All in all I think this is very poor from LH given the current situation and lack of card offering to the UK market.
Still lots of options given they unilaterally changed things, ask a Lawyer, lots of people have free legal advice in U.K. via House Insurance etc, your credit card company is maybe liable, section 75 😂 small claims court if they take your miles, write to M&M & tell them theft isn’t looked on kindly by U.K. courts & if the say it was in the T&C, remind them that in UK Law, T&C’s have to be both fair & reasonable or they are deemed to be illegal
pmcg and hugolover like this.
Old Sep 15, 2021, 11:30 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, M&M, HHonors Gold
So, are we all f... by M&M and miles will just go to bin? I can't fly anywhere to use them. I was saving them for Island Hopper.
Old Sep 16, 2021, 2:29 am

Originally Posted by Richmond_Surrey
So, are we all f... by M&M and miles will just go to bin? I can't fly anywhere to use them. I was saving them for Island Hopper.
Seems that way from what is happening.

Poor show from LH & M&M if you ask me.
hugolover likes this.
Old Sep 16, 2021, 6:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Firstly, why not book something for W21. Helga still hasn't cleaned up Winter. Target especially FRA-MUC feeders and integrate those in your ticket. It's a doddle to work out what will be cancelled. If you're quick you can book somewhere that will get cancelled today and you'll have a ticket you can use anytime. Its unlawful to force award availability for cancelled trips (EC261). You get a flex ticket. Its zero risk with the current rebooking rules.

Secondly, given Carsten is so concerned about sustainability, I presume that while encouraging their Members to donate their Miles to slowing down the climate EMERGENCY, expiring miles will be donated to the same fund?

That's tens millions of Euros that LH can donate to re-building the rainforests and focussing on persecuted (and sorely unrepresented among LH Group) Black and Minority Ethnic communities who are the most affected by the effects of climate change.
pmcg likes this.
Old Sep 16, 2021, 9:35 am

Still lots of options given they unilaterally changed things, ask a Lawyer, lots of people have free legal advice in U.K. via House Insurance etc, your credit card company is maybe liable, section 75 😂 small claims court if they take your miles, write to M&M & tell them theft isn’t looked on kindly by U.K. courts & if the say it was in the T&C, remind them that in UK Law, T&C’s have to be both fair & reasonable or they are deemed to be illegal
Standard response of waffle.

We can well understand your displeasure regarding the end of the Miles & More credit card for the british market. Unfortunately, our banking partner decided to stop this product and the possibility of collecting award miles with it. Additionally, we are also dependent on feedback from our banking partner regarding a successor product. Please be assured that we will inform you accordingly as soon as we have received information from this partner.

We thank you for your patience and your understanding and wish you a pleasant day.
hugolover likes this.
Old Sep 16, 2021, 9:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Its worth a punt to sue them in MCOL (I presume you can use an address in E&W) for whatever silly amount they claim the miles to be valued. They've been hiding the value of late but someone will be able to tell you how much they were deemed to be worth in all the actions they lost in Germany.

Why not take the value they use for the Worldshop vouchers?
pmcg and chris63 like this.
Old Sep 17, 2021, 12:59 am

Programs: BA GGL, A3 Gold, M&M SEN, FlyingBlue Gold, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Amb
I’ve received one mile for expiry protection dated 16 September. Not sure if it’s for the UK card or the PL mBank card that also cut ties with M&M. Worth checking your accounts.
pmcg likes this.
Old Sep 17, 2021, 1:30 am

Originally Posted by wmaciej
I’ve received one mile for expiry protection dated 16 September. Not sure if it’s for the UK card or the PL mBank card that also cut ties with M&M. Worth checking your accounts.
Same here, perhaps they have seen sense.

Can't seem to figure out though where to look in My Account for expiring miles.
Old Sep 17, 2021, 1:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by pmcg
Same here, perhaps they have seen sense.

Can't seem to figure out though where to look in My Account for expiring miles.
You don't. If none are expiring this quarter, nothing shows.
pmcg likes this.
Old Sep 17, 2021, 3:18 am

Originally Posted by Raffles
You don't. If none are expiring this quarter, nothing shows.
Thanks, none shown as expiring on My Account.

I emailed them again yesterday pointing out I had Zero interest in their Banking Partner and arrangements in the UK.
My only issue was that LH/M&M withdrew the product that we had been offered to protect our miles with little to no notice.

Said once again it would be appropriate to protect customers miles given the situation LH/M&M have created and also considering the current lack of transparent travel options.

Maybe they sent it to a boss who took it on board but I rather doubt it.
Old Sep 17, 2021, 9:03 am

Got a reply today.

Affiniture Cards Limited have made a strategic decision to withdraw the Miles & More Cards from the market. We are sad to see Affiniture Cards Ltd. leave this market, but as our Miles & More members on the British market are very important to us, we are still evaluating options for successor products. As its not possible to find a new partner overnight, Miles & More decided to extend the validity of earned award miles until 31st of December 2021.
Old Sep 17, 2021, 10:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
That’s a cut and paste from the email sent in the Spring.
Old Sep 17, 2021, 11:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by hugolover
Its worth a punt to sue them in MCOL (I presume you can use an address in E&W) for whatever silly amount they claim the miles to be valued. They've been hiding the value of late but someone will be able to tell you how much they were deemed to be worth in all the actions they lost in Germany.

Why not take the value they use for the Worldshop vouchers?
Exactly, just send a warning letter before action to U.K. HQ, use the WorldShop valuation, they would not dare let this go to Court in UK
pmcg likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.