Community
Wiki Posts
Search

M&M Mastercard and Diners for UK members [ended April 2021]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2021, 11:22 pm

Programs: LH HON, QF CL, SQ TPPS, AF Plat, VS Gold, VA Plat, EK Gold, HH Diamond, WoH Globalist, Marriott Plat
The note about the change has been up for a month or so, hopefully it’ll be a positive!
Old Feb 5, 2021, 5:09 am

Programs: BA Gold. Flying Blue Gold. Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Plat AMB, Radisson Gold, Marriott Gold
Just received a letter informing me that Affiniture will be closing all Miles and More Global Traveller Diners Club accounts in two months' time. Miles & More will be in touch separately about the 'no mileage expiration' benefit.

Guess I'll put my name down for the new Cornercard Visa offering.

More info here: Miles & More Global Traveller Card (milesandmorecards.co.uk)
Old Feb 10, 2021, 11:26 am

Programs: Star Alliance , BA
All Miles expire December 31, 2021:

Up until now, you’ve been able to earn award miles using your Miles & More Credit Card. However, as you’ve already been informed, Affiniture Cards Limited (the credit card issuer, trading as Diners Club International) will no longer be participating in the Miles & More programme from early April 2021.

What does this mean for your award miles?
▪ You remain a valuable member of the Miles & More programme with access to about 40 airlines and more than 270 global non-air partnerships – giving you the chance to earn miles anytime and anywhere. ▪ You will no longer be able to earn award miles with your Miles & More Global Traveller Account issued by Affiniture Cards Limited.
Good news – extra mileage protection
If you are not a status member, any award miles older than 36 months would start expiring as from 1 July 2021.1 But Miles & More is happy to extend your mileage protection until31 December 2021. After this date, however, your award miles will start to expire in accordance with the Miles & More Terms & Conditions.

We are currently looking for new options in the UK. This should, of course, comply with the highest standards you would expect from a Miles & More Credit Card. We will keep you informed about any developments on miles-and-more.com and in our regular newsletter. Please visit here for more information.
Old Apr 8, 2021, 6:05 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, M&M, HHonors Gold
I tried to login to the account today, to check my last statement, but get information that my account is blocked. Anyone else tried to logon after official closure date on 4ht of April? I contacted support and waiting for their reply.
Old Apr 8, 2021, 8:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by Richmond_Surrey
I tried to login to the account today, to check my last statement, but get information that my account is blocked. Anyone else tried to logon after official closure date on 4ht of April? I contacted support and waiting for their reply.
I can still log in. My last statement won't be generated until mid month so I doubt they can lock you out now.
Old Apr 9, 2021, 12:59 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, M&M, HHonors Gold
My statement was produced yesterday and I got automatic email to login to check it. After contacting Customer Services, I got statement in email but no mention why my account was already blocked. I just wanted to make sure all my transactions posted before end date, as it takes a few days for them to show online and they weren't there last time I checked on 1st of April.

I can also see no points earned at all on this statement and it was last hurrah to get some extra miles. Just asked Customer Services about it.
Old Apr 9, 2021, 3:23 am

M & M are being rather unfair about this - virtually impossible to spend the miles this year in this Covid world.
Old Apr 9, 2021, 2:20 pm

Programs: LH SEN
Doubt the new card will offer 1.25 miles per pound spent given that interchange fees are 0.3%. I am surprised they ever made any money.
Old Apr 9, 2021, 2:21 pm

Originally Posted by bobhope2
Doubt the new card will offer 1.25 miles per pound spent given that interchange fees are 0.3%. I am surprised they ever made any money.

I just want to try & keep the miles, happy with a mile per pound
Old Apr 28, 2021, 10:44 am

Programs: LH SEN
Did anyone else receive bonus award miles from the card of the same amount that were earned in March (i.e 2x received), only for these bonus miles to be subtracted a few days later?
Old Apr 28, 2021, 12:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Not me
Old May 2, 2021, 6:20 am

Programs: BA Gold. Flying Blue Gold. Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Plat AMB, Radisson Gold, Marriott Gold
My final statement (received today) showed that I earned 0 miles. Fortunately though, the expected "last hurrah" miles from my 1-4 April spend have actually posted to my Miles & More account.
Old Jul 26, 2021, 5:59 am

Programs: Amex Centurion - BA Silver - IHG Diamond Elite - HHonors Diamond - M&M
Any UK card offers back available to keep miles active?

I've got 200k miles that will expire end of September if I don't use them or can't extend.
Old Jul 26, 2021, 8:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by pmcg
Any UK card offers back available to keep miles active?

I've got 200k miles that will expire end of September if I don't use them or can't extend.
No
pmcg likes this.
Old Jul 26, 2021, 11:02 am

Programs: Amex Centurion - BA Silver - IHG Diamond Elite - HHonors Diamond - M&M
Originally Posted by Raffles
No
Thanks, bit of a bummer that.

Now I need tp spend 200k miles on something.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.