Community
Wiki Posts
Search

M&M Mastercard and Diners for UK members [ended April 2021]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2023, 11:59 am

Programs: Centurion, VS Gold, EK Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Jumeirah Gold
Originally Posted by nei1c
That's a little annoying. I've just burnt 330k on a short haul trip plus some vouchers, before getting the same extension message at 15:10 today
So I got that email too, at 1518 UK time. Had just over 350k expiring and was getting more and more worried I would have to redeem for shorthaul also. I'm grateful they have extended. However, it is sheer luck - only because I left my redemption search to the last thing to do today - that I did not burn them already (on a lesser reception than I would like). They could have managed it better and extended in a more timely fashion, if that was their intention all along. Still grateful for the extension though.
Old Mar 31, 2023, 12:07 pm

Programs: Centurion, VS Gold, EK Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Jumeirah Gold
Originally Posted by oliver2002
You can always cancel for free within 24h, I would cancel now.
Forgot about that. Can anyone advise on a good value long haul redemption in C. 2 adults, 3 kids (who would benefit from the 75% redemption cost on LH group airlines). Constrained by UK school holiday dates, but happy to go anywhere, except the US. @ 350k, could do 5 x 70k redemptions....and still have spare change for some vouchers.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions with decent availability.

c55
Old Apr 1, 2023, 2:22 am

Programs: Amex Centurion - BA Silver - IHG Diamond Elite - HHonors Diamond - M&M
Miles still there today.
Old Apr 1, 2023, 6:07 am

Originally Posted by pmcg
Miles still there today.
Likewise
Old Apr 1, 2023, 6:19 am

Programs: Star Alliance , BA
He who dares wins. I chickened out but did manage to bag LHR to SYD business class with Singapore x 2.
Old Aug 3, 2023, 2:57 pm

Originally Posted by Teatimer
He who dares wins. I chickened out but did manage to bag LHR to SYD business class with Singapore x 2.
It was pure luck! I'm not leaving it to the last minute this time. So....

1st query: Any news on whether LH have managed to negotiate a UK credit card provider?

2nd query: I have around 400k miles expiring on 30 Sept and, after searching various destinations on and off for a few months (I am tied to UK school holidays), I cannot seem to find anything of good value (I don't regard, eg. Mexico City last £1k in taxes good value!).

(Only destination I did find (from London) was Tel Aviv in Economy, where my family would love to go, but too risky booking too far in advance in case it kicks off over there for whatever reason. I assume any cancellation shortly before outbound means the miles to book those flights would evaporate into the ether? Tried many dates ex-EU for something on Ethiopian to Kenya/Dar-es-Salaam, but nothing except inconvenient flight timings on Egyptian, at again, bonkers 'taxes'). So I thought to burn the miles for a Rimowa.....only to find that partnership is ending and there is no stock left!

Obliged if anyone guide on the best way to find M&M redemption space, ideally in Biz or PE for 4 or 5 pax? Or is that an impossibility? Seatspy is no good, as it only shows availability for 1 pax, which is almost every date in the calendar to almost every destination.

3rd query: how best to search for availability in Singapore Biz, but ex-EU.

Thanks in advance.
Old Aug 3, 2023, 3:26 pm

Originally Posted by Teatimer
Cracking redemption, btw. Hope you enjoyed it!
Old Sep 24, 2023, 2:12 am

Programs: Amex Centurion - BA Silver - IHG Diamond Elite - HHonors Diamond - M&M
Remember and check for expiring miles on 30/09/23.

17,800 here to burn on a voucher or something.
Old Sep 27, 2023, 3:04 pm

Miles expiring....or not?

Originally Posted by pmcg
Remember and check for expiring miles on 30/09/23.

17,800 here to burn on a voucher or something.
So over 300k miles expiring here, on 30/9/23.....or so I thought!

Got an email from Worldshop on 25/9 offering 30% mileage reduction promo code as "3xx,xxx of your miles expire on 30.09.2023"

However, I log in and discover the following entry, also dated 25/9, on my M&M account: "M&M CREDIT CARD Expiry Protection 1M"

Usually, the "mileage account" page has your balance, below which it says "Award miles". Beneath that it used to say "Mileage expiry" and below that the number of miles with the date of expiry. However, now, the latter has disappeared and there are no miles expiring on any date!

... is going on? I'm grateful for the "Expiry Protection"! However, wondering if I should take heed of the email instead??

Anyone else with this experience?
Old Sep 27, 2023, 3:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Mine are extended, happened a couple of days ago.
Old Sep 27, 2023, 3:25 pm

Programs: *A "Top 1000 2015", FB Lifetime Plat.; BA Silver; Ma; Hilton Diamond.rriott Gold
Thanks for the heads-up! Me too, great! Do we know how long we now have?
Old Sep 27, 2023, 3:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by Leedsflyer
Thanks for the heads-up! Me too, great! Do we know how long we now have?
Have to assume just three months in the absence of any email to the contrary.

Just cancelled a terrible value Eurowings redemption!
Old Sep 27, 2023, 5:20 pm

Originally Posted by Raffles

I was also looking at euro wings over the last week, for something...anything, to derive some value from these miles. M&M used to be great for Uk hols redemptions, but there availability is now dire to non-existent.
Old Sep 27, 2023, 5:26 pm

Originally Posted by Raffles

I was also looking at euro wings over the last week, for something...anything, to derive some value from these miles. M&M used to be great for Uk school hols redemptions, but their availability is now dire to non-existent.
Old Sep 28, 2023, 1:15 am

Same here, glad I didn't blow them on a 1 day First Class trip to US......oh wait......

Still to use the 17k at some point though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.