Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The LOT Kafeteria 2018-23 (retired)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2019, 11:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Well I guess these pax are not as good as they thought. A wee tug and squeeze in the right places, and despite the issue of the DCS I’ve been able to secure the only premium seat on her Dash for SZY-KRK.

Anyway, we all know that Polka’s will bend over backwards to assist a foreigner!

SZY have contacted me to say they will be waiting for me with my BP. I’ll do my best to get a pic of the lounge, but the mentality is that 30 mins connection is nothing, and for us it’s actually a lot of time! (I could drink a glass of champagne and a breakfast in the WAW lounge with that) The MCT in SZY is 20. But I am not sure ExpertFlyer will know that. Imagine... SZY has a published MCT of 20 mins!

Of course, thanks to our fellow FT member the Dash can be declared as a premium aircraft 😛.
Old Apr 26, 2019, 8:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Wi-Fi

I’ll post my update on SZY tonight but I thought this was worthy of a post. I noticed new hotspots a few weeks ago but staff didn’t know what the access point was.

Anyway, Basia has installed new routers and the speeds are great. It’s rammed in here, but have a look.

Good old Basia, it will boost my Tor potential.

Old May 1, 2019, 9:54 am

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by hugolover
Well I'm here in the KRK lounge. It was very busy before Helga sent her push notification and they all went off to the gate.
This made me chuckle. Had a few experiences like that where the KRK lounge went from being almost full to practically empty after an LH flight was called for boarding.

There seems to be a meeting of the Fly4Free guys. Its a Polish forum I believe...the Sheba miles tag gives it away (40 LOT U/O segments for Star Gold). Actually, as I'm wiring this I noticed that they are wearing theme T-Shirts saying Grupa Krakowska with IATA airport codes written on them. I think we can be sure they're on the SZY!
40 LOT segments for *G? What's that about? Don't you mean 30 for *S/FTL?
Old May 1, 2019, 3:57 pm

Programs: SK *S, LH *S; Accor ALL Gold
End of an era. Prince Polo chocolate wafers are out, their cheap knock-off Grześki is in as the economy snack, starting May 1st.

https://www.pasazer.com/mobi/news/41...o,w,locie.html
Old May 2, 2019, 3:17 am

Programs: Miles & More, BA Executive Club
Originally Posted by marcoos
End of an era. Prince Polo chocolate wafers are out, their cheap knock-off Grześki is in as the economy snack, starting May 1st.

https://www.pasazer.com/mobi/news/41...o,w,locie.html
That’s a shame! They were really nice!
Old May 2, 2019, 9:43 am

*deleted*

Last edited by yurtripper; May 3, 2019 at 5:24 am
Old May 2, 2019, 1:48 pm

Programs: SK *S, LH *S; Accor ALL Gold
Goplana was bought from Nestle by a local businessman years ago (and Grześki moved to Goplana after that takeover). PP are a Mondelez brand, since Kraft got split into two.

Goplana had Princessa as a PP knock-off, but Princessa remained with Nestle after Goplana was sold.

Ah, the food corporations splits and mergers...

TPJ and hugolover like this.

Last edited by marcoos; May 2, 2019 at 1:58 pm
Old May 2, 2019, 3:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by yurtripper
This made me chuckle. Had a few experiences like that where the KRK lounge went from being almost full to practically empty after an LH flight was called for boarding.

40 LOT segments for *G? What's that about? Don't you mean 30 for *S/FTL?
I'm really bored of that KRK lounge. I wish they would vary the F&B a bit! Same chicken salad, the greek one. It doesn't make me think fondly of the HGI KRK.

Ethiopian's ShebaMiles has Star Gold valid 1 year for 40 segments, which could be in the lowest LOT classes-as all LO RBK are valid. And LX-K and L included, LH K excluded but L is okay. Forty of those and you're Star Gold.

80 segments for two years called Platinum. I'd guess in case of both it would be rest of membership year when you attain that a year after.

There is no requirement to fly ET. (Why would there be when the operating carrier pays for the benefits...?)

I didn't think the ET programme was any kind of secret. I can see that someone who doesn't care at all about the miles and books only the lowest fares would do well to do another 10 segments and get Star Gold than fairly useless FTL. Excellent for your typical LOT domestic flyer giving you lounge access in the outstations.
yurtripper likes this.
Old May 2, 2019, 8:27 pm
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
WAW terminal extension work has started

Next to Gate/jetty 1 (still operational as far as I can tell).

The god think is that the Schengen lounge should also double in size, once the work is finish. Lounge Reps had no clue about ETA, but it should be 'soon' as the initial scope is limited.
Old May 9, 2019, 10:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Just a data point that I had good luck with the chat option today. I had a
couple questions about a booking I’d made. Both were answered promptly and to my satisfaction. Sure beats an hour on hold listening to those endless waltzes (if you’re lucky) to get a phone call through to an agent who knows nothing.
Old May 10, 2019, 10:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The LOT interface isn't taking my Passport information. I'm entering expiration date using the dropdowns and as soon as I start to enter I get an error incorrect date/expired - but the expiration is in 2025.

It's happening on both Firefox on my workstation and Safari on my phone. Is this a known bug?
Old May 10, 2019, 10:40 am

Originally Posted by milepig
The LOT interface isn't taking my Passport information. I'm entering expiration date using the dropdowns and as soon as I start to enter I get an error incorrect date/expired - but the expiration is in 2025.

It's happening on both Firefox on my workstation and Safari on my phone. Is this a known bug?
The LOT site is appallingly bad but even their interface shouldn't be that useless. This is a Level-0 no-brainer question (in the "Have you switched it on?" sense) but did you try entering YY before DD/MM? Some brain-damaged sites have validation code such that if you try entering DD/MM before YY - and it's before the current date - then they immediately flag an error before you've even entered YY to give a date in the future.
Old May 10, 2019, 11:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by yurtripper
The LOT site is appallingly bad but even their interface shouldn't be that useless. This is a Level-0 no-brainer question (in the "Have you switched it on?" sense) but did you try entering YY before DD/MM? Some brain-damaged sites have validation code such that if you try entering DD/MM before YY - and it's before the current date - then they immediately flag an error before you've even entered YY to give a date in the future.
Yes. Even when I tried what suggest - pulling down 2025 first, the error still popped up immediately. I also noticed that the pulldown for day wasn't working properly - if I'd select 15, for example, when it closed the date selected was actually 14, so I needed to select 16 to get it to return 15!!
Old May 10, 2019, 4:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by milepig

You mean Basia’s Manage my Booking? If so, wait for OLCI as it’s the Amadeus platform, or plug your PNR into Helga’s beautiful Lufthansa.com and enter all the data you wish on there.
Old May 10, 2019, 7:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold

You mean Basia’s Manage my Booking? If so, wait for OLCI as it’s the Amadeus platform, or plug your PNR into Helga’s beautiful Lufthansa.com and enter all the data you wish on there.
Be aware that LOT PNR's doesn't always work at the LH website.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.