Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The LOT Kafeteria 2018-23 (retired)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2019, 5:39 am
Original Poster

[Slightly OT] Gdańsk airport will get a substantial expansion later this year, an increase of up to 30% in size. Whilst I haven't had chance to go through the various details, it seems however that construction works for a new pier (non-Schengen) will start this autumn and last for approximately 2 years. Also and amongst other things (i.e. baggage reclaim area, passports etc.), the security area will get a (much needed) expansion, with the number of gates increasing from 20 to 30. In recent times, GDN has seen a significant increase in terms of flights/destinations (until recently I was unaware that even LX will soon be operating to/from GDN).

Perhaps the locals (Lack/tropikey, hello to you both ) can add more to the above.

G
fifty_two likes this.
Old Mar 28, 2019, 3:52 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by AlicorporateUK

Perhaps the locals (Lack/tropikey, hello to you both ) can add more to the above.

G
I m not from GDN, but visuals are here: https://www.pasazer.com/news/40971/r...ha,walesy.html
Old Apr 1, 2019, 8:12 am

Programs: Miles & More, BA Executive Club
LOT having reliability trouble in BUD currently. One flight a day cancelled due to shortage of suitable aircraft.
Old Apr 1, 2019, 2:49 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador & LT Titanium, UA Silver, AA PLT
Does anyone know why LO27 is delayed by 2-3 hours every single day? The official departure time is 10:00PM, but it seems to leave between 12:30-2am every day. Additionally, FlightAware is reporting a much shorter delay, because somehow the scheduled departure is changed. For example - this is showing the departure at 12:21am with only a 1:02hr delay. What am I missing?
Old Apr 2, 2019, 2:07 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
The JFK service is operated by an Air Belgium A343 on wet lease. Once its late, they can't catch up.
Old Apr 2, 2019, 6:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I had the (dis)pleasure of Nordica this past week. TLL-WAW, creeping 30 min delay, then info every 30 mins until flight cancelled at 8PM. I could see what was going to happen so I'd already called LOT and was on the queue (position 31).

But it took another hour before Nordica actually marked in the system the flight as cancelled, so getting rebooked was a total faff. The agent had to do a forced transfer as I was not going to wait around at the ATO queue and watch the morning flight fill fill up. Next day I spoke with a Nordica girl who told me that MX canx is very often as they are short of flights and this whole "not cancelled but is" has been happening recently.

It was the last day of BArbs TLL service and that provided us with a bit of amusement. At least 20 pax coming into the lounge to be refused. Lift goes "bing" pax walks in, refuses entry, pax walks out . Pax saying he was AY Plat so has access but on BA op, so no access says the dragon. Plus there was a woman who was like Baroness Thatcher sat in a high-back Dame Thora Hird chair. Like this Shackletons "you know..."

A very unusual mix of pax in TLL!

Then on the PA... "BA flight is 2 hours late"... then another PA..."We regret to inform you that this flight has no catering today". LOL.

No lounge, delay, and no catering. I don't think BArb will be missed by the Estonians but Nordica equally deserves little love.

Only redeeming feature was I was the only pax with an empty seat, pax in premium sat 2-2. I was a little smug...
Old Apr 2, 2019, 6:50 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by hugolover
I. Pax saying he was AY Plat so has access but on BA op, so no access says the dragon.
Very OT -is it because BA decided not to pay for the lounge in TLL (same as in KRK until mid 2018)? Or is it because lounge dragon made new rules?
Old Apr 2, 2019, 7:59 am

Programs: BA GfL/GGL/CCR, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by TPJ
Very OT -is it because BA decided not to pay for the lounge in TLL (same as in KRK until mid 2018)? Or is it because lounge dragon made new rules?
I had no problems accessing lounge in TTL on BA service...
Old Apr 2, 2019, 8:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

BArb wouldn’t pay. She was quite correct. Remember the operating carrier pays. So it doesn’t matter where the card comes from. Same with Star.

She said that they approaches BArb multiple times over the three years and they could not reach an agreement. Considering Nordica, Lufty, airBaltic, Finnair (and SK before they scrapped contract lounges) all pay, BArb must have have wanted an awesome deal. I remarked that likely their negotiating position was we are BRITISHAirways, the most premium carrier in the skies, and you should be blessed that we have chosen to fly to your sh!tty airport and you should give us an awesome deal (aka free) and she said with a smile on her face that was pretty much the impression.

I wonder if BArbs Ready to Fly sizer was loaded on the plane, along with all her checkin signs and equipment. They can all be recycled!
Old Apr 2, 2019, 8:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by megaloman
I had no problems accessing lounge in TTL on BA service...
Really? It’s an undisputed fact on the BArb forum that they never paid up. How many times and when and with what card?
Old Apr 2, 2019, 9:05 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
The lounge dragon is party to the negotiations between BA and TLL airport?
Old Apr 2, 2019, 10:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

They’re not all outsourced staffers who work there for 6 months and quit you know? 😂 they’re not not Helgas premium churny churny hubs...

TLL is tiny. Truly tiny. Nearly all the women who work there are Babuschka’s and probably remember Brezhnev popping in during the good old days. It’s quite reasonable they know exactly what’s going on. Above her is what? A Manager of the lounge, and then what? Probably the CEO of the airport..!
TPJ likes this.
Old Apr 3, 2019, 10:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Claim into LOT for my hotel/dinner. Let's see how long it takes for a reply/payment!
Old Apr 5, 2019, 5:16 am

Programs: Miles & More, BA Executive Club
Originally Posted by hugolover
I had the (dis)pleasure of Nordica this past week. TLL-WAW, creeping 30 min delay, then info every 30 mins until flight cancelled at 8PM. I could see what was going to happen so I'd already called LOT and was on the queue (position 31).

But it took another hour before Nordica actually marked in the system the flight as cancelled, so getting rebooked was a total faff. The agent had to do a forced transfer as I was not going to wait around at the ATO queue and watch the morning flight fill fill up. Next day I spoke with a Nordica girl who told me that MX canx is very often as they are short of flights and this whole "not cancelled but is" has been happening recently.

It was the last day of BArbs TLL service and that provided us with a bit of amusement. At least 20 pax coming into the lounge to be refused. Lift goes "bing" pax walks in, refuses entry, pax walks out . Pax saying he was AY Plat so has access but on BA op, so no access says the dragon. Plus there was a woman who was like Baroness Thatcher sat in a high-back Dame Thora Hird chair. Like this Shackletons "you know..." https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7bGzlth_6s

A very unusual mix of pax in TLL!

Then on the PA... "BA flight is 2 hours late"... then another PA..."We regret to inform you that this flight has no catering today". LOL.

No lounge, delay, and no catering. I don't think BArb will be missed by the Estonians but Nordica equally deserves little love.

Only redeeming feature was I was the only pax with an empty seat, pax in premium sat 2-2. I was a little smug...
Yes it’s a Nordica aircraft but it’s a LO flight, shown as it’s LO78x. LOT are notorious for not updating the information in the system. Last time I flew with LOT, the flight was delayed by two hours and I didn’t get a peep out of them to tell me my flight was delayed. All the information I got was from the airport ticketing office, who were very helpful and nice. They also couldn’t rebook me because LO hadn’t added the information in the system. I have given LOT this feedback. You should too. Nordica in TLL can help you because they are using the LO ticketing system and booking system but I stress again it is NOT a Nordica flight. They are the LOT representatives only at TLL.

TLL-WAW is LOT’s responsibly to add this information to the system because it’s a LOT operated by Nordica flight not a Nordica flight operated by Nordica on behalf of LOT Polish Airlines. LOT are to blame not Nordica.
lhrpete and hugolover like this.

Last edited by iLied; Apr 5, 2019 at 6:15 am Reason: Updated info
Old Apr 17, 2019, 9:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

SPLNB is bust and AOG in EVN since this morning. Will be some knock-on.
yurtripper likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.