Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The LOT Kafeteria 2018-23 (retired)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2019, 8:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Does anybody know if there are mid-flight snacks ( basket in galley or a run by the crew ) in longhaul LOT PE or if I'm hungry during mid flight, I would be offered to buy something from the Kafeteria?
Old Apr 18, 2019, 5:18 am

Programs: UA 1K,AA PL Pro, Delta Plat, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
Does anybody know if there are mid-flight snacks ( basket in galley or a run by the crew ) in longhaul LOT PE or if I'm hungry during mid flight, I would be offered to buy something from the Kafeteria?
Get your own food dude.
Old Apr 18, 2019, 7:09 am

Programs: Miles & More, BA Executive Club
Has anyone known LOT to give compensation as a gesture of goodwill?
Old Apr 19, 2019, 7:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

LO279/280 is canx today. Nice for Easter, and alternatives are full.

Looking on FR24 for WAW, some odd flights are entered. Not sure what they are about. I thought at first codeshares. AC6149, AC6151, AC6141, AC6142, AC6144 and AC6147, all domestics, departing at 12PM but weirdest is flight to LCJ. Obviously mistakes but how did they get there?
Old Apr 19, 2019, 12:32 pm
Suspended

Programs: SQ LPPS, A3 *G, BA Silver aiming for Bronze
Originally Posted by hugolover
LO279/280 is canx today. Nice for Easter, and alternatives are full.

Looking on FR24 for WAW, some odd flights are entered. Not sure what they are about. I thought at first codeshares. AC6149, AC6151, AC6141, AC6142, AC6144 and AC6147, all domestics, departing at 12PM but weirdest is flight to LCJ. Obviously mistakes but how did they get there?
There were a whole raft of similar entries for LHR this morning - AA & AC services to places like INV, NCL, AMS and so on.

I guess it was some major glitch and it seems to have cleared.
Old Apr 19, 2019, 1:36 pm

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
Long-haul LOT PE basically gets you the same F&B as J.
N1003U and ISTFlyer like this.
Old Apr 19, 2019, 1:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by yurtripper
Long-haul LOT PE basically gets you the same F&B as J.
Great; thanks for your answer.
Old Apr 22, 2019, 1:05 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
5 Schengen jetties, big part of apron and 1 runway closed - what is going on?

Any idea what is going on - they started working on the Terminal extension?

I counted 5 Schengen jetties closed, also a fairly significant part of Schengen appron, 1 taxiway, 1 runway (the shorter one) all closed.

Looks like it will be yet another summer from hell for LO:

- 2-3 Dreamlines still grounded (will they fix the Trents before the summer peak? Hopefully yes)
- all MAX'es grounded (random aircraft wet leased)
- 5 Schengen jetties closed
- part of apron closed
- only one runway left
hugolover likes this.
Old Apr 24, 2019, 4:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The OH has gone deep behind the Iron Curtain for Easter and I have decided to enjoy myself and spend Ł20 of her Birkin fund.

I'm booked on the inaugural KRK-SZY tomorrow...and back again. Doing a "B2B". I'll do a live report.

Allegedly there is a lounge in SZY that Basia has a contract with but I'll only have about 15 mins to drop in.

OLCI is not supported from SZY at this time.
Old Apr 24, 2019, 7:28 am

Programs: Miles & More, BA Executive Club
Originally Posted by TPJ
Any idea what is going on - they started working on the Terminal extension?

I counted 5 Schengen jetties closed, also a fairly significant part of Schengen appron, 1 taxiway, 1 runway (the shorter one) all closed.

Looks like it will be yet another summer from hell for LO:

- 2-3 Dreamlines still grounded (will they fix the Trents before the summer peak? Hopefully yes)
- all MAX'es grounded (random aircraft wet leased)
- 5 Schengen jetties closed
- part of apron closed
- only one runway left
I’d heard they’re building a second runway.
Old Apr 24, 2019, 7:46 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
11/29 is closed only till June 14:

EPWA WARSAW CHOPIN AIRPORT A1006/19 - RWY 11/29 CLSD FOR LDG AND TKOF. 14 MAR 23:00 2019 UNTIL 14 JUN 21:59 2019 ESTIMATED.
CREATED: 12 MAR 07:46 2019
Old Apr 24, 2019, 9:02 am

Programs: BA GfL/GGL/CCR, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by iLied

I’d heard they’re building a second runway.
There are already two runaways at WAW...
Old Apr 25, 2019, 6:01 am
TPJ

Originally Posted by oliver2002
11/29 is closed only till June 14:
Thanks Oliver. So looks like after June 14 LO will only have to worry about Dreamliners and MAX'es
Old Apr 25, 2019, 6:05 am
TPJ

Originally Posted by hugolover
I'm booked on the inaugural KRK-SZY tomorrow...and back again. Doing a "B2B". I'll do a live report.

Allegedly there is a lounge in SZY that Basia has a contract with but I'll only have about 15 mins to drop in.

OLCI is not supported from SZY at this time.
I saw a thread on one of the other forums about routes no other Flyertalker ever took. Looks like you just won the prize Take a few pictures of the lounge!
yurtripper likes this.
Old Apr 25, 2019, 10:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Well I'm here in the KRK lounge. It was very busy before Helga sent her push notification and they all went off to the gate.

There seems to be a meeting of the Fly4Free guys. Its a Polish forum I believe...the Sheba miles tag gives it away (40 LOT U/O segments for Star Gold). Actually, as I'm wiring this I noticed that they are wearing theme T-Shirts saying Grupa Krakowska with IATA airport codes written on them. I think we can be sure they're on the SZY!

I can attest I have absolutely nothing to do with this, and I only had the idea on Wednesday. I'm popping off with Basia tomorrow anyway.

Unfortunately SZY is not using Altea, they have a proprietary DCS which means the LOT staff here (In the ATO) were unable to do anything for me. Even the seatmap is blocked for them.

I just had a thought. When I reached out to the airport, they wrote to me to say they would have someone waiting for me. But what if all these guys are doing the SZY B2B as well. That would be amusing.

Basia doesn't miss a trick, she has made sure these inaugural SZY 3995/3996 flights are as busy as possible, she kept opening O class at every possibility. I don't reckon this is a status run route because the LX runs are cheaper. This was one of her Crazy Wednesday deals.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.