Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The LOT Kafeteria 2018-23 (retired)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2019, 3:04 am

Programs: SK *S, LH *S; Accor ALL Gold
The a/c must be certified for special procedures required for operating from/to LCY, and LOT’s other Embraers are not. The very reason LOT bought/leased the E90s is to be able to operate at London City.
hugolover, N1003U and iLied like this.
Old Jun 16, 2019, 6:00 am

Programs: BA GfL/GGL/CCR, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by scottishpoet
a little OT but …. AFAIK the OW connection from TLL to LHR would be AY to HEL and then BA or AY to LHR. IF BA still have code shares to TLL then then since you are on AY metal you use the lounge. Megaloman mention QR. I never saw them at TLL, only at HEL.
Last year Qatar Airways announced it would start flying to Tallinn... not sure whether it started yet.
Old Jun 16, 2019, 6:27 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
I had a browse but cannot find anything direct in July. August or November,

Maybe was tried in winter 18/19 timetable.

I do see some codeshares on the LO flight with a connection in WAW as well as AY via HEL.
Old Jun 16, 2019, 9:35 am
2MM

LOT equipment changeFlight 042 has posted an equipment change from a 787 to a 340. They’re saying there’s no business class offered.

Does anyone one know what the premium economy is like?

Thank you

2mm
Old Jun 16, 2019, 9:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Strange information you had. It's a three class aircraft which has old F class, C class and Y. So PE is supposed to go to their C and C pax to their F class. Maybe the cabin is just full on that date.

Perhaps change to JFK on a 787 service.
Old Jun 16, 2019, 9:57 am
2MM

Change from 788 to 340

I am guessing it is an Air Belgium 340 wet lease. It's LO 042 from YYZ Thanks very much for your reply.,.
Old Jun 16, 2019, 10:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Ah I see. There’s business class on that flight, there should be no need to downgrade you. Perhaps the cabin is just full? In which case you should seek a new routing or compensation.

Whats the date of your travel?
Old Jun 16, 2019, 11:23 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 2MM
I am guessing it is an Air Belgium 340 wet lease. It's LO 042 from YYZ
It did happen to me (and I’m fairly sure I reported it here as well at the time) when Prestige (EC-MIA) was operating to and from JFK on behalf of LOT (same root cause i.e. 787 engines’ issues). I called LOT directly (our corporate travel agent wouldn’t give a toss, sadly) and they happily moved me to a different service (LOT to Munich and Lufthansa to New York); the customer services representative apologised and said that the system had ‘messed-up’ (whatever that meant...) by automatically moving some passengers to the ‘back of the bus’ due to change of equipment. I would, therefore, suggest to give them a call in order to sort things out and fly the original class of booking.

G
Old Jun 16, 2019, 3:24 pm

There's a new addition to LOT's replacement fleet: A330 op by PlusUltra, not sure if that one has business class.
hugolover likes this.
Old Jun 16, 2019, 4:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If OP posts his flight we can check EF for him
megaloman likes this.
Old Jun 17, 2019, 1:14 pm

Programs: Miles & More, BA Executive Club
Originally Posted by marcoos
The a/c must be certified for special procedures required for operating from/to LCY, and LOT’s other Embraers are not. The very reason LOT bought/leased the E90s is to be able to operate at London City.
I wasn’t sure if the smaller aircraft are automatically certified. I’m aware that there is a pool of E90’s specially for London City operations.
Old Jun 18, 2019, 9:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by megaloman
There's a new addition to LOT's replacement fleet: A330 op by PlusUltra, not sure if that one has business class.
PlusUltra does not have any A330's. Their fleet only has A340 aircraft.
Currently, all four of their A340's operate for their own flights so the PlusUltra replacement(s) hasn't(haven't) started to operate for LOT yet.
Old Jun 19, 2019, 2:30 am

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
PlusUltra does not have any A330's. Their fleet only has A340 aircraft.
Correct, A343 not A330 - apologies for my silly mistake.

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
Currently, all four of their A340's operate for their own flights so the PlusUltra replacement(s) hasn't(haven't) started to operate for LOT yet.
EC-MFA has been operating flights for LO since 15th June, it got assigned to flights LO45/LO46 - to/from Toronto.

hugolover and iLied like this.

Last edited by megaloman; Jun 19, 2019 at 3:04 am
Old Jun 19, 2019, 12:43 pm

Programs: Miles & More, BA Executive Club
Bit of an unsure where this should be posted question, if there is a LO codeshare on a non-WAW route, would it fall under the Kafeteria?
Old Jun 19, 2019, 4:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Edit: Sorry for giving misleading information.
I didn’t thought the name of this thread was something original like the LH Biergarten thread.

Last edited by ISTFlyer; Jun 20, 2019 at 6:22 am Reason: Stated

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.