Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The LOT Kafeteria 2018-23 (retired)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2020, 11:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

No exemption for non-M&M SEN/HON. Still chargeable.

I think that is a mistake. The biggest blocker of the premium seats are pax on Standard tariffs not other *G. They do not block front row in C/P/Y for ASR. Who knows if Basia has the Altea package that supports this, as she has a very basic subscription.

Standard is still free in all zones, I edited my post. You replied very fast. I think Flex Plus would be the same, you could book that. The benefits of SEN on LO are very small considering she gives a bag to all *G.

I just can't remember there been three seat prices on domestic/European flights before.

Anyway, seat blocking on Basia is far more about fare that status. Y fare pax can count on empty seat, O fare SEN is on shaky ground.
Old Dec 15, 2020, 12:48 pm

Programs: LH SEN *
https://www.lot.com/pl/en/my-favourite-seat

Old Dec 15, 2020, 1:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

My Favourite Seat isn't new, but charging for Exit/Front Row on Domestic is. £22.90/ 110 PLN that includes front-row on the Dashliner.

Typically poor LOT document. Payment for European and Intercontinental and yet Domestic is in the table. No mention they differentiate domestic flights. I suspect its old.

Front row is 110 PLN on B738 and Exit row, except LWG/F which have the fixed cabin C cabin and price as 0 except for Exit thats 110 PLN. 110 PLN exceeds the cost of the lowest tariff, which is 99 each way.

E95 all are 50 PLN including exit except for the LMA/B/C/D (LCY E90) which charge 110 PLN on Exit at Row 12 vs 13/14 on the E95.

Got that?

Welcome to the land of Basia...

B738

E90 LMA/B/C/D

Dashliner
Old Dec 21, 2020, 10:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Due to the deadly English virus, Basia has scheduled an additional LHR today, LO1279/LO1280, only one pax on LO1279 (WAW-LHR), which is cool.

Both B789 and coming back full in all 3 cabins.

And I should say, Basia's "rescue fare" is 3200 PLN in Y...
Old Dec 21, 2020, 10:48 am

Programs: BA GfL/GGL/CCR, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by hugolover
Due to the deadly English virus, Basia has scheduled an additional LHR today, LO1279/LO1280, only one pax on LO1279 (WAW-LHR), which is cool.

Both B789 and coming back full in all 3 cabins.

And I should say, Basia's "rescue fare" is 3200 PLN in Y...
well, most people got rebooked onto those services from tomorrow's and Wednesday flights... likely for free.

flights are banned for 48h for now. BA of course hasn't cancelled their flight yet
Old Dec 21, 2020, 10:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

There was a special deal? Otherwise free rebooking for canx flights only, or 200 PLN discount for operating. Flights tomorrow +1 are still operating for now.
Old Dec 21, 2020, 10:54 am

There was a special deal? Otherwise free rebooking for canx flights only, or 200 PLN discount for operating. Flights tomorrow +1 are still operating for now.
Not sure about LO, but BA has a specific policy for that - free rebooking onto earlier flight when countries introduce new restrictions etc. I'd imagine mother Basia would look well after stranded Poles
Old Dec 21, 2020, 11:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Basia's policies have been superior to BArb since the beginning, and have stayed so. Unlike Helga where the agents make it up as they go along and strive for a pax unfriendly outcome. On LO: Cancelled flight, free rebooking any date, suspension also possible i.e. use at your pleasure.

As part of LOTDoDomu there was free rebooking to the charters for cancelled flights, and during the OnHoliday campaign you could change destination free if restrictions came in.

Otherwise, I understood you had to pay and its not as you describe. Plenty of Poles were very irritated their cheap Ryanair flights were cancelled by RP and Mother Basia would fly them home for a not so reasonable 800zl within Europe.
Old Dec 23, 2020, 4:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Basia has been slated in the Polish press over her decision to send those carbon stinkers to LHR. The climate emergency doesn't even get a mention!

https://businessinsider.com.pl/firmy...-m/hgq30rs.amp

While they are indeed configured in 294, C24, P21, Y249 the loads were as follows:

LO280 C21/P19/Y223 load of 263/294
LO1280 C18/P5/Y149 so a load of 172/294

Hence, it does seem overkill to send two B789. With a B738 in Euro config the second flight didn't need to be a 789, 18 C pax is 4.5 rows of C, each row consisting of 6 seats meaning 30 seats used, minus the actual load which was 18 needs an additional 12 seats, and that's covered by the remaining 14 based on the load and still no need to upgrade any P pax as they can fit in a row of their own 5/6. Hence, it would have been possible to fit the whole lot on a B738? Have I got that wrong?

Plus you can crew it with 4 CC than whatever silly amount is on a B789.

LO1279 flew empty, save for one pax to LHR. I doubt there was much cargo, if any for such an ad-hoc service plus all those crew and fuel. It's doubtful this was commercially reasonable.
Old Dec 23, 2020, 4:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

And of course, I realise, bang the whole lot in Y (or downgrade C to P) and you fit the entire load on a B738 without issue. I was just proving the point that you could preserve the C cabin .

Plus she could have used the spare seats on LO280 to reduce the B738 load, again preserving the C cabin on B738 reducing it to 4 rows. They left within 1 hour of each other.

Last edited by hugolover; Dec 23, 2020 at 4:26 am
Old Dec 23, 2020, 4:53 am

And of course, I realise, bang the whole lot in Y (or downgrade C to P) and you fit the entire load on a B738 without issue. I was just proving the point that you could preserve the C cabin .

Plus she could have used the spare seats on LO280 to reduce the B738 load, again preserving the C cabin on B738 reducing it to 4 rows. They left within 1 hour of each other.
or they were still rebooking people onto LO1280 while LO1279 was getting ready to go in Warsaw... it's easier to send a larger plane.

I'd say well done LO for organising it at very short notice and Polish government for giving an extra day for Poles to return home for Xmas I expect news in few days that the new virus strain has made it safely to Poland
iLied likes this.
Old Dec 23, 2020, 5:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The story has merit because someone tipped them off there was a B738 load on the second flight and that was true. But as neither of us have access to the real story and LOT don't want to go into the detail, we will never know if indeed there was another another 6 business, 16 premium economy and 100 Y pax jamming Basia's phone lines .

Exactly! All completely pointless, it must have been what came out of the tombola that day.
Old Dec 23, 2020, 5:45 pm

Programs: Miles & More, BA Executive Club
LOT granted 3bn zloty in state aid
Old Dec 24, 2020, 4:10 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by iLied
LOT granted 3bn zloty in state aid
Hopefully enough money to ensure champagne is free flowing in the Elite lounge
hugolover likes this.
Old Jan 12, 2021, 7:16 am

Greetings in the New Year.

So I have two questions, as I had just booked a flight with LOT, and I never flew them TATL before, mostly flying with Lufthansa, although in 2019 I did UIA which was an experience.

Anyway, I know that things change by the week, and my flight is not until July, but I am going on the assumption that we have some sort of normalcy restored and travelling with the vaccine will be allowed and all that, so just wanted to ask about the logistics of two things.

1. My reservation is EWR->WAW->LUZ->WAW->EWR. If I were to miss the first WAW->LUZ flight, will my entire reservation be cancelled and I will not have a return?

2. I have a 3.5 hour layover on the WAW->LUZ segment. Is that enough time to get out to town for lunch and come back? I know that trains take about 25ish minutes to get to central Warsaw, so I figured if I am lucky, I can count on about 45 minutes each way for the train (conservatively), let's say another 45 minutes for lunch and that gets me back with a little over an hour back to WAW. Doable or meh?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.