Search this Thread

Old Jun 2, 2021, 5:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

They seem to be low on staff, a number of people have left, I'd keep calling
Old Jun 2, 2021, 5:52 am

Programs: Cattle Class
Originally Posted by hugolover
They seem to be low on staff, a number of people have left, I'd keep calling
Third day in a row no luck. The most frustrating part, I am trying to change the tickets to a new schedule however the fare I need is no longer available. Are there any other options to change my flights? I am afraid their online form would yield the same if not worse results.

EDIT: Was finally able to get pass initial 'call us back later' and after 90 minutes wait time was able to talk to a person. Didn't process the change as tickets are no longer available at that price.

Last edited by Awtas; Jun 2, 2021 at 8:58 am
Old Jun 4, 2021, 3:17 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Short update, arrivals from non-Schengen:

1 There is a separate line for vaccinated EU nationals (the sign is fairly small, I think it is the first booth after the /disabled/ self service kiosks /note: the self service immigration kiosks work as normal for departures/)
2. As I missed the sign, I used a normal EU booth, I shown my EU green passport downloaded onto my smartphone - no issues/no questions asked
3. The whole procedure took maybe 15-20 seconds and I was cleared
Barciur likes this.
Old Jun 12, 2021, 11:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

More than 2hrs30 waiting on the (premium) line for an agent today before giving up, I'm wondering if Kaczka's cheque has bounced and Basia has turned off the lights?

Nothing worse than when the womxn of your dreams doesn't pick-up
Old Jun 12, 2021, 4:47 pm

Programs: oneworld, * Alliance, Marriott Bonvoy, HHonors, WoH
Schengen arrival, apron position.
The bus stops first at the gate 34 for those who wants to test.
Then at Schengen arrivals there were three border guards who checked the test/vaccination documents.
A quick process, took five seconds.
hugolover likes this.

Last edited by Jaenks; Jun 13, 2021 at 1:46 am
Old Jun 14, 2021, 2:34 pm

Programs: Miles & More, BA Executive Club
More than 2hrs30 waiting on the (premium) line for an agent today before giving up, I'm wondering if Kaczka's cheque has bounced and Basia has turned off the lights?

Nothing worse than when the womxn of your dreams doesn't pick-up
I believe there has been a further schedule change.
Old Jun 20, 2021, 5:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I had the most lovely Purser on my flight today, a real credit to LO, superb command of English, extremely polite and pro-active. I was impressed with her, had a chat, and asked about her career with LOT (20 years). She told me she used to be an Instructor (the highest rank of crew in LOT) and Basia demoted her. I despair. What shyster's run Basia.

There should be a Dominika on every flight.

What a contrast to the shower of s... that was the Purser on a flight that went tech. Long story short, the modern marvel of American engineering and extremely SAFE 737 MAX went tech for the second day on the trot. A replacement 738 was found fairly quickly but communication was terrible. Captain disappeared leaving the useless Purser to deal with it AND she made announcements only in Polish, refusing to speak English (?) pax demanding info back and forth to the galley, several arrested by the Police. The pax behaved poorly but it would have been entirely avoided if the crew had communicated clearly under the Captain's authority.

Tiny bit of stress and the whole team under her and the Captains leadership just fell apart. It wasn't even such a big deal but the crew made it into one.
iLied likes this.
Old Jul 7, 2021, 7:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Wait times are horrendous on the phone, come on Basia, hire some damn agents!
Old Jul 7, 2021, 8:29 am

Wait times are horrendous on the phone, come on Basia, hire some damn agents!
Last night I thought I had a long wait (40 people in queue) but agent picked up in 2 seconds. Although honestly I tend to avoid calling LOT if I can avoid it just because of the varying information you get depending on the agent at the other end.
Old Jul 7, 2021, 11:26 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
Sign on the buses at waw, different processes at gdansk/krakow etc where the testing centres are outside the airport

Domestic arrivals not mixing with schegen arrivals till the baggage carousels

Old Jul 7, 2021, 11:32 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
first time in waw for over a year.

parked up on apron position by the cargo area.on the opposite side of the airfield. a few lot aircraft parked there

airport very quiet, about 10 people in the main part of the lot lounge at any one time, elite area was open apparently
Old Jul 7, 2021, 4:24 pm

Programs: BA GfL/GGL/CCR, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by scottishpoet
Sign on the buses at waw, different processes at gdansk/krakow etc where the testing centres are outside the airport

Domestic arrivals not mixing with schegen arrivals till the baggage carousels

The information is rather misleading AFAIK. Passengers arriving from the UK cannot skip the mandatory quarantine. Other arrivals can do so by taking the test (either before immigration, at the baggage hall or upon leaving the terminal within 48h of arrival in Poland).
Old Jul 7, 2021, 5:14 pm

Are transit passengers exempt from any rules in Poland?
Old Jul 7, 2021, 6:55 pm

Originally Posted by megaloman
The information is rather misleading AFAIK. Passengers arriving from the UK cannot skip the mandatory quarantine. Other arrivals can do so by taking the test (either before immigration, at the baggage hall or upon leaving the terminal within 48h of arrival in Poland).

it does clearly say "schengen arrival" so has no bearing on uk arrivals. the flag is to highlight english language, polish language version ad flag is above it.

Passengers arriving from the UK who are fully vaccinated can avoid quarantine

Last edited by scottishpoet; Jul 7, 2021 at 7:01 pm
Old Jul 8, 2021, 2:56 am

Programs: BA GfL/GGL/CCR, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by scottishpoet
it does clearly say "schengen arrival" so has no bearing on uk arrivals. the flag is to highlight english language, polish language version ad flag is above it.

Passengers arriving from the UK who are fully vaccinated can avoid quarantine
I stand corrected. Yes, vaccinated travellers from the UK don't need to quarantine. Not vaccinated travellers need to isolate for 7 days (no test to release) if I understood correctly.

Last edited by megaloman; Jul 8, 2021 at 4:13 am Reason: 5 to 7

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.