Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

M&M going revenue based [for award miles on LH group tickets] 12MAR2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

M&M going revenue based [for award miles on LH group tickets] 12MAR2018

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2018, 2:15 am

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
I didn't follow all the details, but I was confused about something: a recent flight on LX EUR-USA was already crediting miles according to the new, EUR-based system. Interesting, more award miles than status miles.

I then expected all of my flights to credit miles according to that new system, but another flight on LX in Europe in D class gave me 2,500 award miles and 2,500 status miles.

Are the minimum credit levels for M&M still in place? Or is there some other magic going on here?

Just curious
Old Mar 27, 2018, 3:20 am

Sorry in advance for what is a probably basic question
I'm travelling in November on A class. According to the calculator i will earn 42000 miles . Does this mean I will immimmediatly be FTL?
Then my main question is will my award miles only last the one remaining month of the year, or for 3 years?
If it's the first option I will never reach sen status
Old Mar 27, 2018, 3:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by San Gottardo
I didn't follow all the details, but I was confused about something: a recent flight on LX EUR-USA was already crediting miles according to the new, EUR-based system. Interesting, more award miles than status miles.

I then expected all of my flights to credit miles according to that new system, but another flight on LX in Europe in D class gave me 2,500 award miles and 2,500 status miles.

Are the minimum credit levels for M&M still in place? Or is there some other magic going on here?

Just curious
My understanding is flights booked before 12th March, everything as before for award & status.
flights booked after 12th March, for you 6 times fare for award, status miles as before.

Maybe one of these flights was booked before & the other after 12th March ?

Plus there is currently a 50% bonus for award miles on flights booked post March 12th & flown before end August but they stated that bonus can take 12 weeks to credit
Old Mar 27, 2018, 3:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dsched
I'm travelling in November on A class. According to the calculator i will earn 42000 miles . Does this mean I will immimmediatly be FTL?
Then my main question is will my award miles only last the one remaining month of the year, or for 3 years?
Yes, you will get FTL status as soon as the status miles credit, usually next day with LH, your status is then valid until end February 19. Status is based upon the calendar year.

Your award miles will expire after 3 years unless you retain FTL or higher status or take out the Lufthansa credit card, MBNA in U.K.
Old Mar 27, 2018, 4:42 am

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by Lewis42
Quick question,

if i buy my ticket on Lufthansa stock but via a Travel Agent, I assume the revenue based award miles applies?
I was originally hoping this might work when it was first announced but being able to bypass the new system merely by booking LH flights through a website like Amex Travel would be a pretty large loophole to leave open, so no surprises that it won't fly.
Old Mar 27, 2018, 7:30 am

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
Originally Posted by chris63

My understanding is flights booked before 12th March, everything as before for award & status.
flights booked after 12th March, for you 6 times fare for award, status miles as before.

Maybe one of these flights was booked before & the other after 12th March ?

Plus there is currently a 50% bonus for award miles on flights booked post March 12th & flown before end August but they stated that bonus can take 12 weeks to credit
Nope, both flights booked and flown after March 12th. 2,500 Miles for an intra-Euro flight in D class.
Old Mar 27, 2018, 9:12 am

Yes, you will get FTL status as soon as the status miles credit, usually next day with LH, your status is then valid until end February 19. Status is based upon the calendar year.
If my status in February does that mean everyone starts from the start again? LH website on status is less than clear
Old Mar 27, 2018, 9:31 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Award miles last for at least 3 years, more if you retain status.

Status miles are only valid within the calendar year they're earned in. To attain SEN, you have to get 100K in a single calendar year, unfortunately not within 12 months, that's not enough.
Some airlines have this, but not LH.

Originally Posted by yurtripper
I was originally hoping this might work when it was first announced but being able to bypass the new system merely by booking LH flights through a website like Amex Travel would be a pretty large loophole to leave open, so no surprises that it won't fly.
It would be a huge loophole, and indeed it makes no sense for flights ticketed by LH. I mean they ought to know what the price is if they issue the ticket, right?

Nope, both flights booked and flown after March 12th. 2,500 Miles for an intra-Euro flight in D class.
Operated by LH as well? Not all M&M airlines are in the scheme, I think.

If my status in February does that mean everyone starts from the start again? LH website on status is less than clear
I'm not sure what you mean.
FWIW status is valid for next two calendar years on LH, so not February 2019 (that honestly makes no sense at all) but 2019+2020 + I think 3 months grace period, so March 2021.

In any of these years if you requalify, then it's two more years.
Old Mar 27, 2018, 9:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

LH / M&M 5* IT ?

do let us know when you or they figure it out ?
Old Mar 27, 2018, 9:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes, everyone using M&M it’s the calendar year, they extend that to end of February the following year, out of generosity 😁

But it’s better than most, LH is 2 years for status after you qualify so qualify in 18, expires Feb 21
Old Mar 27, 2018, 9:52 am

Yes, everyone using M&M it’s the calendar year, they extend that to end of February the following year, out of generosity 😁

But it’s better than most, LH is 2 years for status after you qualify so qualify in 18, expires Feb 21
Thanks guys for your generosity. Can I just ask based on Chris' response. If I get 40k miles in November 18 by when do I need to get the next 60k to reach SEN?
Old Mar 27, 2018, 10:46 am

Programs: LO

LH / M&M 5* IT ?

I think I saw somewhere info on M&M that at the beginning flights may be credited using old rules. Later they will correct it.
Old Mar 27, 2018, 12:36 pm

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Thanks guys for your generosity. Can I just ask based on Chris' response. If I get 40k miles in November 18 by when do I need to get the next 60k to reach SEN?
December 2018. Maybe Jan or Feb 19.
Old Mar 27, 2018, 1:42 pm

LH / M&M 5* IT ?

LH / M&M announces that mileage earnings might be "corrected" past their actual posting.

So it's very possible your earnings will be reduced (or increased) later on.

I don't think there is anything to add to that topic..
Old Mar 27, 2018, 1:59 pm

Programs: LH-SEN
Well those heady days of 125 miles and a dizzying executive bonus of another 32 for a K/L/T ticket really are behind us. I've just booked a VIE - TXL return for next month and been told that I'll be richly rewarded to the tune of 240 miles, total!

Ok, so it's a cheap ticket so this is mock surprise, to some extent but still....And to add insult to injury there seems no way of checking their calculation from the information provided on the receipt - taxes and fees are all bundled together irrespective of whether they're carrier imposed or not. Looking at the breakdown on Matrix I can easily convince myself that I'm being diddled out of perhaps 40 miles, but as neither the total price nor the ticket component shown match what I actually paid to OS then it's hardly conclusive. Perhaps I'll just compensate myself with another drink in the lounge! It has reopened hasn't it?
andywaw likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.