Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New hub in Poland (?) [CPK discussion]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2024, 6:47 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Gamerska
There is no proper 24 by 7 service, even in Warsaw center.

As for the routes which serve the airport -
the 175 doesn't start running until 05;00, similarly the 188, as for the 331 that starts at 06:00, while the Nocny runs once every 30 minutes, from near the Pałac Kultury.

If someone lives in Ząbki - they need to get to the 190 which starts running at cerca 04:20 and gets you to Metro Ratusz at 4:45. then you need to get to Centrum and connect to the 05:00 no. 175 which gets to the airport at 05:23. That means you can't take a flight earlier than 06:20.
Sorry, but your statements are factually inaccurate. Ząbki (merely to continue on that example) has a night service (i.e., N62) to Centralna, allowing easy connections to the N32 (alias 175 during day-time). The 188 (and I took it a few times before early morning flights) starts running just after 4AM, you have a couple of night services (towards Centrum) before that, on the whole it won't take more than an hour to get to the airport (unless you live in Ostrołęka, but that's clearly out-of-scope here). If one has luggage or a peculiar need to take kitchen sink/IKEA coffee table (so to speak) on holiday, there's your (e.g.) UberX and so forth, as you would do in any other city.
Old Mar 7, 2024, 6:59 am

Programs: SAS EBS / *A Silver, Hilton Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Platinum Ambassador
Originally Posted by Gamerska
I warrant a single individual without any physical handicaps and travelling with a 21 inch suitcase could make these transfers, however, a single parent with two children? A person travelling with two 24 inch suitcases? A person with mobility issues, i.e. a cane or walker. I don't think so.
I actually usually find travel at night easier since routes tend to be much more radial than during the daytime pattern and focused into fewer transfer points, making transfers much easier. Since there are no rail services involved, you are also far less likely to have to deal with stairs, underpasses, etc.

Looking at Zabki you mentioned, it's the same concept during the night and the day. One transfer in the city, except at night it's at Dworzec Centralny (the night bus transfer point) rather than at Centrum, the main difference being that at Centrum you need to walk between bus platforms, whereas at Dw. Centralny they stop more or less right next to each other. Which one is better for your disabled traveller?
Old Mar 7, 2024, 7:18 am
Original Poster

[OT] Public transport aside, I will be claiming the prizes praises from Ząbki's city council (or Urząd Miasta) for all the free advertisement on FT. Merely for the records, I have no connection to the town itself, it just came to my head, possibly because a few months back we got invited to a birthday party at the local swimming pool. [/OT]
Old Mar 12, 2024, 4:28 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by AlicorporateUK
Admittedly I haven't been following the CPK saga at all (possibly because I'm not planning to be around in about 65 years' time...), but have the building works even started? Or are we still at political (i.e., BS) and/or infrastructural (renderings and all that) grandeur stage?
Edit: oliver2002 possibly extra work for you but I seem to remember a thread discussing CPK, we could perhaps merge the above posts into that one. Ta.
Considering you started the CPK thread a few years ago... and next time you require moderator services please take a moment to click on the little red triangle, that is our bat signal.
AlicorporateUK likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.