Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New hub in Poland (?) [CPK discussion]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2024, 11:00 am

Programs: M&M Senator
Originally Posted by hugolover
Basia does stuff like that, I assume because they can’t find enough work for the Embraer sorry I mean, we need CPK now, WAW is full!!!
I presume that the cab ride from WAW to CPK will range cerca 200PLN or more ... as it will be in 3 strefa.. and who knows what it will run if you have an 06:35 departure and are heading there at 05:00.

Given that 'normal' transit hours don't start till cerca 05:00 that means that everyone flying out prior to 08:30 will be relegated to cabs or family driving them...
Old Mar 6, 2024, 12:46 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AF Gold / Accor Gold / Hilton Diamond / TP Silver / A3 Gold
Originally Posted by Gamerska
I presume that the cab ride from WAW to CPK will range cerca 200PLN or more ....
200 thats really optimistic , a ride from center to the outskirts in south is already above 50PLN , so 300/400PLN at least if using a hail ride app , if a normal taxi then you are good for 100/200 PLN more

Originally Posted by AlicorporateUK
lucky crew will be enjoying a night at the Marriott in Skenderija.
life is hard you know
Old Mar 6, 2024, 12:53 pm

Originally Posted by fifty_two
200 thats really optimistic , a ride from center to the outskirts in south is already above 50PLN , so 300/400PLN at least if using a hail ride app , if a normal taxi then you are good for 100/200 PLN more

life is hard you know
You are correct about the fare, I was trying to be optimistic. Currently I pay 55PLN to get to the airport from near Plac Bankowy - and that in off hours. I am really curious how all the trolls writing about the greatness of CPK as a passenger will respond when they have to pay these fares. To be clear, the need for a central freight location is clear, but not passengers.
Old Mar 6, 2024, 1:43 pm

Programs: Der 5* FTL
The point of CPK is supposed to be that you don't take a taxi to reach it, but that it's easily reachable by rail.
Old Mar 6, 2024, 2:04 pm

Programs: SAS EBS / *A Silver, Hilton Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Platinum Ambassador
I don't see a reason to assume that CPK won't have 24/7 public transport service (as WAW has today). Yes, it may be a bus at night but that's not really a huge deal.
Old Mar 6, 2024, 2:51 pm

Programs: FB Plat, *A Gold
If you're from Warsaw centre it's no deal. If you live just outside of Warsaw, there is no way to get into town to grab a bus at night.

And a train connection? Knowing Polish reality they probably will finish the railraod a few years after CPK started operating.
Old Mar 6, 2024, 5:13 pm

Programs: SAS EBS / *A Silver, Hilton Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Platinum Ambassador
Originally Posted by westi2002
If you're from Warsaw centre it's no deal. If you live just outside of Warsaw, there is no way to get into town to grab a bus at night.
Fair enough, except I would strike "centre" from "Warsaw centre". Pretty much anywhere in Warsaw proper has a 24/7 service. It only really starts becoming a problem when you go beyond city limits, but even then some municipalities do get night service if I'm not mistaken.
Old Mar 6, 2024, 10:06 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by the810
It only really starts becoming a problem when you go beyond city limits, but even then some municipalities do get night service if I'm not mistaken.
I highlighted the final part of your post. Even beyond what you call “city limits”, it is not unusual to have a night service to a number of “key spots” so to speak, from where one may easily connect to one of the “airport services”. I took Ząbki (just outside Warsaw, east of Targówek) for the sake of my discourse, they have a night bus terminating at Warszawa Centralna; or Otwock and surrounding areas (south-east, roughly 30km from the airport): again, night bus, or even train after 4AM. Overall, it would take just over an hour to reach the airport. To conclude, most areas around Warsaw have either night buses or local commuter trains (with the latter starting as early as ~4AM).
Old Mar 6, 2024, 11:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

CPK would give other PL airports the impetus to build more/bigger terminals and runways.

In the interest of full disclosure to the Polish taxpayer by a Polish taxpayer owned company, how about Basia tells us what percentage of pax on domestic are point to point. That’s a lot of seats to replace with connecting pax, and connecting where? The stuff even BArb doesn’t wanna touch?

Has she analysed the financial implication that all the political scum who fly to KRK probably won’t when you add on the time to get to CPK vs the time on the train? A train that will surely get faster due to the anthropogenic climate and ecological emergency implications of domestic air travel.
Old Mar 7, 2024, 4:23 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Talking

You are correct about the fare, I was trying to be optimistic. Currently I pay 55PLN to get to the airport from near Plac Bankowy - and that in off hours.
yeap , welcome to poland 2024 , 16pln for a basic beer that used to cost 4 times less 10 years ago and two times less before covid

I am really curious how all the trolls writing about the greatness of CPK as a passenger will respond when they have to pay these fares. To be clear, the need for a central freight location is clear, but not passengers.
As said there should be a rail solution between warsaw and CPK , however as we know in this country dont expect things to work as planned , so people will rely on road , and this will create a market for coach operators or taxi drivers as you mentionned

Last big project infrastructure project i have witnessed in poland was the second metro line and it got delayed several times

I don't see a reason to assume that CPK won't have 24/7 public transport service (as WAW has today). Yes, it may be a bus at night but that's not really a huge deal.
well the main problem will be costs , who will pay for it ? For sure not ZTM/WTP as this is out of their scope

So private providers will be stepping in as a new business opportunity arises but it will most likely be from Palac Kultury or Warsaw West station or Mlociny , adding extra ime for those not living in central districts

While such journey during the day is ok , it get tricky during busy hours or if anyone needs to catch a flight in early morning or come back from a late night flight to warsaw

Last edited by fifty_two; Mar 7, 2024 at 4:44 am
Old Mar 7, 2024, 4:47 am

Originally Posted by fifty_two
well the main problem will be costs , who will pay for it ? For sure not ZTM/WTP as this is out of their scope

So private providers will be stepping in as a new business opportunity arises but it will most likely be from Palac Kultury or Warsaw West station or Mlociny , adding extra ime for those not living in central districts
I don't see why this should be left to commercial service, just like other regional routes aren't. I assume voivodeship is responsible for that?
Old Mar 7, 2024, 4:58 am
Accor Contributor Badge

I don't see why this should be left to commercial service, just like other regional routes aren't. I assume voivodeship is responsible for that?
i dont say it will be only private entities , but unless some sort of arrangement , i dont see how WTP/ZTM wil make this work financially without support or passing costs down to consumers to provide similar type of service as with chopin airport

Originally Posted by hugolover
How much will XW be?.
What is XW ?
Old Mar 7, 2024, 5:20 am
Original Poster

Admittedly I haven't been following the CPK saga at all (possibly because I'm not planning to be around in about 65 years' time...), but have the building works even started? Or are we still at political (i.e., BS) and/or infrastructural (renderings and all that) grandeur stage?

Edit: oliver2002 possibly extra work for you but I seem to remember a thread discussing CPK, we could perhaps merge the above posts into that one. Ta.
Old Mar 7, 2024, 5:44 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
It's still very conceptual as far as I can tell, despite being included in all WAW print advertizing by way of logo, along with Chopin logo and Radom logo.
Old Mar 7, 2024, 6:25 am

Fair enough, except I would strike "centre" from "Warsaw centre". Pretty much anywhere in Warsaw proper has a 24/7 service. It only really starts becoming a problem when you go beyond city limits, but even then some municipalities do get night service if I'm not mistaken.
There is no proper 24 by 7 service, even in Warsaw center.

As for the routes which serve the airport -
the 175 doesn't start running until 05;00, similarly the 188, as for the 331 that starts at 06:00, while the Nocny runs once every 30 minutes, from near the Pałac Kultury.

If someone lives in Ząbki - they need to get to the 190 which starts running at cerca 04:20 and gets you to Metro Ratusz at 4:45. then you need to get to Centrum and connect to the 05:00 no. 175 which gets to the airport at 05:23. That means you can't take a flight earlier than 06:20.

I warrant a single individual without any physical handicaps and travelling with a 21 inch suitcase could make these transfers, however, a single parent with two children? A person travelling with two 24 inch suitcases? A person with mobility issues, i.e. a cane or walker. I don't think so.

You dissemble by making such statements.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.