Wiki Posts
Search

Miles & More Avis promo question

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8, 2017, 8:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: Miles & More
Miles & More Avis promo question

Hi Everyone - Miles & More had an offer from Jan-March 2017 where one could earn 5 not 3 miles per euro spent on a rental, AND an additional 1000 miles per rental with Avis. Does anyone have the screen/promo code or offer code? I am not seeing the miles on my account for rentals with Avis and when I called M&M they say they "cannot" find it which I don't exactly believe. Seems it's a tactic to not honour their agreement. Any help would be appreciated.
Many thanks!
Old Apr 8, 2017, 9:01 am

I guess to get that those miles you need to rent on an eligible rate. Often enough it means you have to use the Avis AWD from Miles&More.
Old Apr 8, 2017, 1:08 pm
Original Poster

I did. I used the link on their page for the promo so it was all done via M&M
Old Apr 9, 2017, 9:47 am

Programs: LH SEN**, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by Etwasetwas
Hi Everyone - Miles & More had an offer from Jan-March 2017 where one could earn 5 not 3 miles per euro spent on a rental, AND an additional 1000 miles per rental with Avis. Does anyone have the screen/promo code or offer code? I am not seeing the miles on my account for rentals with Avis and when I called M&M they say they "cannot" find it which I don't exactly believe. Seems it's a tactic to not honour their agreement. Any help would be appreciated.
Many thanks!
You need to contact Avis customer service. M&M cannot do anything. It is always a pain to get the correct amount of normal miles from Avis and even more pain to get the additional promo miles. An example of my notes is shown below, which involved several emails/retroclaim requests/phone calls. I had issues with credit of all my 5 Avis rentals in 2016.

rental return on 10.8., (500+715) arrived on 25.8., retrocredit asked on 7.9., reply on 21.9. (Claimesretroftp) that it has been forwarded to M&M?!, called again on Oct 4: will be taken care of?!, information per email about credit is on its way, email about credit of miles on Oct 15 (but less than expected (2359 calculated) on account), corrected on Nov 15 (500+1331 additional miles?!)
Old Apr 10, 2017, 6:41 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Viennafly
You need to contact Avis customer service. M&M cannot do anything. It is always a pain to get the correct amount of normal miles from Avis and even more pain to get the additional promo miles. An example of my notes is shown below, which involved several emails/retroclaim requests/phone calls. I had issues with credit of all my 5 Avis rentals in 2016.

rental return on 10.8., (500+715) arrived on 25.8., retrocredit asked on 7.9., reply on 21.9. (Claimesretroftp) that it has been forwarded to M&M?!, called again on Oct 4: will be taken care of?!, information per email about credit is on its way, email about credit of miles on Oct 15 (but less than expected (2359 calculated) on account), corrected on Nov 15 (500+1331 additional miles?!)
Thank you! Did you call the 1-800 nummer for avis or just the local branch where you picked up? How did you ask for the retro? (not sure what retroftp is?). I remember when I went to pick up the car the guy looked quite baffled and said he saw only 500 miles on the screen. I assumed M&M would add the additional so I said nothing, unfortunately. Did you basically keep calling the Avis customer service line in your country of residence to pester them re the promo? The problem my side is the links have been removed so I have no "evidence" per se of the offer!
Old Apr 10, 2017, 11:46 am

Where did you rent the car? Avis US had the nasty habit of creating new rental contracts on the spot instead of just handing out a car based on the reservation. Especially if you add any options like some additional insurance, a car upgrade or fuel option.

Last edited by fassy; Apr 10, 2017 at 11:56 am
Old Apr 11, 2017, 5:04 am

Programs: LH SEN**, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by Etwasetwas
Thank you! Did you call the 1-800 nummer for avis or just the local branch where you picked up? How did you ask for the retro? (not sure what retroftp is?). I remember when I went to pick up the car the guy looked quite baffled and said he saw only 500 miles on the screen. I assumed M&M would add the additional so I said nothing, unfortunately. Did you basically keep calling the Avis customer service line in your country of residence to pester them re the promo? The problem my side is the links have been removed so I have no "evidence" per se of the offer!
I am based on Switzerland, but I think there is only a Avis customer service number in Germany (with some of the worst agents that I have ever talked to in a call center). I make me retroclaim request on this site (for rentals in the US or Europe):
http://www.miles-and-more.avis.de/av...len_nachtragen
not sure if it exists in English.
Old Apr 11, 2017, 8:01 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by fassy
Where did you rent the car? Avis US had the nasty habit of creating new rental contracts on the spot instead of just handing out a car based on the reservation. Especially if you add any options like some additional insurance, a car upgrade or fuel option.
Rented in the US. I remember specifically telling the guy not to change a single thing on the contract so he did not (I did the booking through the M&M link which went via DE). Nothing was modified or added. Should I contact the local branch or the general 1-800 # ?
Old Apr 11, 2017, 8:03 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Viennafly
I am based on Switzerland, but I think there is only a Avis customer service number in Germany (with some of the worst agents that I have ever talked to in a call center). I make me retroclaim request on this site (for rentals in the US or Europe):
http://www.miles-and-more.avis.de/av...len_nachtragen
not sure if it exists in English.
Hm this will make it probably more complicated! I will try to sort this out with US Avis Customer Service but seeing as this was a M&M promo I am not sure if they will understand? What baffles me is the M&M rep on the phone kept saying she did not see the promo (obviously, it has expired now...). Why do they make these things so difficult?!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.