Wiki Posts
Search

Rimowa Electronic Tag [and Lufthansa Group]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2018, 5:17 am

Programs: Miles and More FTL; Miles and Bonus *G; Emirates
Talking

Originally Posted by travel_mav
It’s highly unfortunate that they discontinued this feature, as those of us who purchase are left with a somewhat of a paperweight (although it does still work as a luggage). Does anyone know if Rimowa will be able to do anything for those of us who purchased fairly recently? Less than a year since purchase and hoping they will do right by us customers.
well the reality is it never worked well. I fly LH a lot, mainly from LUX and GOT and at LUX they just say it doesn`t work and to reset the tag. At GOT the nice lady at check in last time was super amazed and even called her colleague to show the e-tag and confirmed it could be read, but still insisted to print a tag just in case.... so... cool feature that never truly worked (maybe intra-DE it did), but at least it shows my contact info
Old Aug 27, 2018, 1:21 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Our LH branded Rimowa Airlight XL trolley of 2010 vintage got smashed last week and now I'm in the market for a replacement, sponsored by LH's liability insurance. In Dec 2010 the thing cost 329EUR which we discounted to 299 with 9k of gradmas expiring miles.

The replacement now comes with 4 wheels and an etag, both of which I really don't need. Of course now even with etag discount it costs 459EUR.

Quick question: do you proud etag owners get nagged by checkin crew to disable the tag? Do they always think the AAA batteries will explode in the hold?
Old Aug 27, 2018, 2:01 pm

Originally Posted by oliver2002
Our LH branded Rimowa Airlight XL trolley of 2010 vintage got smashed last week and now I'm in the market for a replacement, sponsored by LH's liability insurance. In Dec 2010 the thing cost 329EUR which we discounted to 299 with 9k of gradmas expiring miles.

The replacement now comes with 4 wheels and an etag, both of which I really don't need. Of course now even with etag discount it costs 459EUR.

Quick question: do you proud etag owners get nagged by checkin crew to disable the tag? Do they always think the AAA batteries will explode in the hold?
Won't they deduct 10% for each year of usage, i.e. 8*10%=80%? So you will receice around 60 Euros from the insurance? Or do they offer something better at Lufthansa for Rimowa?

Regarding your question: I never had issues with the batteries. My "only" issue is that the etag doesn't work most of the time. And if it works, the bag often goes lost for 2-3 days. So I stopped using it.
Old Aug 27, 2018, 11:10 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
The depreciation rule is 10% for each year, with a cap of 50%. If you want cash. If you just want to replace with the same model/make they are more flexible.
Old Aug 28, 2018, 3:02 am

The depreciation rule is 10% for each year, with a cap of 50%. If you want cash. If you just want to replace with the same model/make they are more flexible.
Would you mind explaning a little bit more about this?
I had a broken Rimowa, which was 4 years old. They deducted 40%, and I bought a new one, basically same model. It was however about 200 Euros more expensive, as Rimowa has increased prices. So my loss was 40% + 200 Euros.

How did you actually manage to reduce loss? Did you buy a new one and send them the invoice? Because that is what I actually did, but they did not care for the new price, they only took the price of the old one into the calculation. Any hints would be very helpful for the next incident! Thanks a lot in advance!
Old Aug 29, 2018, 4:32 am

Location: between DM464 and DM463 on the NAPSA26 RNAV TRANS in EDDM
Programs: this and that
Nope, never got a single negative word from checkin folks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.