Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

Allegris: New Cabin for the LH Group in 2023-25 (LX A330 LH A359/B748/B789)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Allegris: New Cabin for the LH Group in 2023-25 (LX A330 LH A359/B748/B789)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2017, 3:37 pm

Considering that their Business Class was always too late, too little it would be nice to have a state of the art product. But I doubt it. I would expect something which soon will behind the curve again. And even if it will take a decade to retrofit the planes.
Old Sep 26, 2017, 3:39 pm

Programs: FB Plat, IHG RA Spire, TK Elite+, HH Diamond, LH SEN, Marriott Titanium
Their J isn’t too bad except the headrest.... absolutely awful for a tall person
Old Sep 26, 2017, 8:18 pm

Programs: EY Guest Platinum; A3 Gold; Delta Platinum, BA Silver, IHG Gold
It obviously looks bigger than it really is. It seems to be a advanced version of the current QR or CX seat. Just with door. So why should that be impossible.
Old Sep 26, 2017, 11:20 pm

Programs: TK*G, AB G ;), HH D
Originally Posted by h1ghfly3r
So why should that be impossible.
Because of First Class? Of course, the soft product is in a different league but I can't imagine having fully enclosed suites at the business class and the current First Class
Old Sep 26, 2017, 11:47 pm

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Originally Posted by Karl Gustav Annus
Because of First Class? Of course, the soft product is in a different league but I can't imagine having fully enclosed suites at the business class and the current First Class
I agree with above. LH executives has a consistent thinking that an improved J is going to steal loads from F cabin. This is the main reason that I doubt LH will introduce such revolution in J class while keeping the F cabin.
Old Sep 27, 2017, 12:49 am

Originally Posted by Karl Gustav Annus
They will not install a First Class in their 777. It seems possible that they will only have a Frist Class in their 380 and 747-8.
Do you think they would install a sub-par Business just to not canibalize their First? Why would they plan with a brand new seat for 2020 then?
Old Sep 27, 2017, 1:35 am

Programs: LH HON, QF CL, SQ TPPS, AF Plat, VS Gold, VA Plat, EK Gold, HH Diamond, WoH Globalist, Marriott Plat
Unfortunately I can't see LH having a First Class cabin on at least their first batch of 777s, which means that they will need to up their game in Business Class. LH Execs have said a number of times now that First Class is unlikely on the 777.

This is therefore a possibility, but I'd take this more as a concept rather than a done deal. I doubt we'll see something this good.
Old Sep 27, 2017, 2:18 am

Programs: IHG Spire | Marriott Plat | UA Plat | AA Plat Pro
Is this from the same website linked by OMAAT for the 'new SQ suites' rendering?

To be honest, unless LH (or any other airline for that matter) have officially announced the new cabins I don't think any designer would risk leaking them. These may be renders of rejected proposals an LH may just end up with 10+ year old reverse herringbone seats by 2020 which is a shame since it is a very viable *A partner for the routes I take for work if not for the subpar 2-2-2 J config vs. the 1-2-1 of the others.
Old Sep 27, 2017, 2:18 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
That picture is more of a design study. LH will install the Recaro 6710 but customise it quite a bit.
Old Sep 27, 2017, 7:37 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002
That picture is more of a design study. LH will install the Recaro 6710 but customise it quite a bit.
Says who? Would be interesting to know?
Old Oct 2, 2017, 2:32 am

Surprisingly LH scored the 5 ranking in the world's best business class category

http://www.worldairlineawards.com/Aw..._airlines.html

Seat wise it has not been listed amongst the top 10 rankings.
Old Oct 2, 2017, 4:14 am

Programs: LX SEN
Originally Posted by NA-Flyer

Seat wise it has not been listed amongst the top 10 rankings.

Most of the top 10 seats look like a Mercedes Benz of the '80s. While this ranking may fit criteria of many people, I prefer the relative simplicity of the current LH C seats.
Old Oct 2, 2017, 7:46 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by Nic33
Most of the top 10 seats look like a Mercedes Benz of the '80s. While this ranking may fit criteria of many people, I prefer the relative simplicity of the current LH C seats.
I am sitting in a herringbone-configured seat with aisle access from every seat and would always prefer this to the current LH C -- when travelling alone!

Travelling as a couple, LH's C is just fine and even when travelling alone it is still, overall and despite the lack of aisle access, a pretty good product.
Old Nov 23, 2017, 5:29 am

LH new Business class seat

Here’s a view of how LH new Business class seat will look like:

curt and dj_jay_smith like this.
Old Nov 23, 2017, 6:31 am

Programs: UA GS
At least now we know the current LH seat will be around for another 8-10 years.
Anderson360 and hhdl like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.