Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

Allegris: New Cabin for the LH Group in 2023-25 (LX A330 LH A359/B748/B789)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Allegris: New Cabin for the LH Group in 2023-25 (LX A330 LH A359/B748/B789)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 2017, 6:48 am

Programs: LH SEN, AF Gold
Originally Posted by villox
At least now we know the current LH seat will be around for another 8-10 years.
Yes, but at least you have a consistent product on LH.
Not like with AF where you have NEV3, NEV4 and BEST (which I really like) and whatever version, where you just can pray that they don't have a last-minute equipment change...
Old Nov 23, 2017, 7:40 am

Programs: UA, Hyatt
Hopefully there's a tray or pull out for the laptop. Can't imagine working with just a side table like that.
Old Nov 23, 2017, 7:42 am

Programs: LH FT, AA Plat
Lufthansa's "new" is usually an outdated design by the time it's implemented, this is no different. Thanks, but... whatever.
Also, not enough shades of grey:

LH Business Class 2020
Dover2Golf likes this.
Old Nov 23, 2017, 8:41 am

Looks decent. Wonder if they'll implement the ASR charges for the thrones.

Originally Posted by quaxpilot
Yes, but at least you have a consistent product on LH.
Not like with AF where you have NEV3, NEV4 and BEST (which I really like) and whatever version, where you just can pray that they don't have a last-minute equipment change...
What makes you think this will be any different? During a couple year retrofit phase it's still going to be the same lottery.
Old Nov 23, 2017, 8:47 am

Programs: LH SEN; BA Gold
Originally Posted by mevr
Also, not enough shades of grey:

LH Business Class 2020
I like the colours. More subtle than the fake wood and gold you'll find on EK. I do however wonder why they bother with such a complex layout. Couldn't they just fit 1-2-1 reverse herringbone and be done with it?

Originally Posted by Lack
What makes you think this will be any different? During a couple year retrofit phase it's still going to be the same lottery.
^ Whenever there's a product change there's going to be a sub-fleet with the new product and one with the old one.
Old Nov 23, 2017, 9:21 am

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
They missed the opportunity with the A359, which is a real shame. Why wait?

That said, it will be a great improvement for LH, with which they will barely catch up with the competition. They are a generation behind, essentially.
Old Nov 23, 2017, 9:41 am

Programs: AC SE 1MM, UA 1K, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Gold Elite, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by MichielR
They are a generation behind, essentially.
And have been for the last 30 years or so. Yet, a lot of their long haul flights are full so they might not really see the need to be an industry leader when it comes to seating.
dj_jay_smith likes this.
Old Nov 23, 2017, 10:11 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
The window rows look very similar to UA's Polaris seat. I'm surprised though by the thrones in the middle, that seems very space inefficient in a 777 cabin. Also means there will be no good pairs for couples.
BeanTownBoy likes this.
Old Nov 23, 2017, 11:36 am

Originally Posted by JC Gold
Hopefully there's a tray or pull out for the laptop. Can't imagine working with just a side table like that.
That was my first thought too. I'm pretty flexible, but I don't think my spine would appreciate it.
Old Nov 23, 2017, 11:54 am

Programs: LH HON, QF CL, SQ TPPS, AF Plat, VS Gold, VA Plat, EK Gold, HH Diamond, WoH Globalist, Marriott Plat
Whilst not world-leading this looks pretty impressive for LH Business. 1-1-1 rows in particular. I would have expected 1-2-1 across all rows from LH.
Old Nov 23, 2017, 12:32 pm

Programs: LH FT, AA Plat
Originally Posted by MichielR
They are a generation behind, essentially.
+1, sadly. Even LH's minion airlines (Austrian, SWISS) already offer a better Business product than what LH will add 3-8 years from now. LH lounges are the most boring lounges I've ever been to, and this new design reflects exactly that experience: grey, dull, outdated. I've been to Clinics with a better ambiance...
Old Nov 23, 2017, 1:33 pm

Programs: UA Gold
Originally Posted by Kacee
The window rows look very similar to UA's Polaris seat. I'm surprised though by the thrones in the middle, that seems very space inefficient in a 777 cabin. Also means there will be no good pairs for couples.
Similar, but not the same. United use Zodiac's Optima seats which are actually 1-2-1 on the 777, while this looks to me like the Recaro CL6710, which as you can see in the picture alternate 1-2-1 and 1-1-1. The good news is that the Recaro seat is significantly larger than the Zodiac Optima, and I think is even larger than normal 1-2-1 reverse herringbone.

Here's the United seat for comparison:

As you can see, the rows are significantly closer together on the United seat vs. the rendering of the LH seat, and there are no "throne" middle seats.

More info on the LH seat here: https://en.recaro-as.com/aircraft-se...ss/cl6710.html

Last edited by Agremeister; Nov 23, 2017 at 1:39 pm
Old Nov 23, 2017, 2:33 pm

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by JC Gold
Sure there will be a pull-out table, as people would also not want to eat like that. Nothing to worry about.
Old Nov 23, 2017, 2:41 pm

Programs: UA, Hyatt
Originally Posted by worldclubber
Sure there will be a pull-out table, as people would also not want to eat like that. Nothing to worry about.
The link on the Recaro site does show a picture with the tray table out. although can't tell where it pops out from. Looks like a winner to me ,although somewhere it said it will replace the current business seat on Swiss which might be a disappointment for some.
Old Nov 23, 2017, 2:49 pm

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by mevr
LH lounges are the most boring lounges I've ever been to, and this new design reflects exactly that experience: grey, dull, outdated. I've been to Clinics with a better ambiance...
Don't worry about the colors, this rendering of the seat configuration probably tells us very little about the actual color scheme in 2020. There will definitely be some yellow somewhere to brighten things up. Your statement reminded me of a 1990s tire ad of a German brand (Continental) in the UK: The billboards read "Dull, grey, and reliable. Just what you expect from a German." Maybe that's what people expect/like and why LH's C cabin seems to sell well, as it's usually full when I fly in it.

Concerning the lounges: There are terrible LH lounges, such as the one at CDG, and good ones with decent amenities, bright daylight and interesting views, such as the new lounges at MUC. "most boring lounges" you have been to, as a general verdict, can only mean that you have not been to too many lounges...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.