Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

Allegris: New Cabin for the LH Group in 2023-25 (LX A330 LH A359/B748/B789)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2015, 4:37 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond

Lufthansa will introduce an all-new business class seat with the launch of its Boeing 777-9 in 2020, with the same seat also being rolled out on the Swiss and Austrian Airlines fleets.

The move towards a unified business class design across all three sibling airlines is intended to both lower costs and provide a more consistent passenger experience, especially on codeshare flights.

"We're starting to design it now" Lufthansa Chairman and CEO Carsten Spohr told Australian Business Traveller at this week's meeting of Star Alliance airlines in Chicago.
http://www.ausbt.com.au/lufthansa-sw...ess-class-seat
Old Dec 10, 2015, 11:58 am

Programs: UA Premier 1K: PlAAtinum; DL SM, MM; Marriott Gold; CO Plat Emeritus; NW Plat Emeritus
New J Seats for the Group

Reported here. Apologies if someone has already posted: I didn't see.

I've always found it surprising that LH's J seats were a generation behind the other three.
Old Dec 10, 2015, 1:34 pm

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
"Technically it will be the same seat"
Old Dec 10, 2015, 1:44 pm

Originally Posted by NA-Flyer
"Technically it will be the same seat"
I found that strange too, but I *think* what he meant to say was it's gonna be "the same seat" across the LH group, not "the same seat" as of now.
Old Dec 10, 2015, 4:43 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Alpha Golf
Reported here. Apologies if someone has already posted: I didn't see.
Yes, I did but in the Biergarten thread since I didn't think it merited a separate thread for now.
Old Dec 10, 2015, 4:44 pm

Originally Posted by klausa
I found that strange too, but I *think* what he meant to say was it's gonna be "the same seat" across the LH group, not "the same seat" as of now.
What he meant was that it will be the same seat but might look a bit different between LH and LX for example due to different fabrics and finishes.
Old Dec 10, 2015, 9:59 pm

I hope they will come up with something good and not (again) almost obsolete when they introduce it.
Standard today is aisle access from every seat, good privacy and enough storage space/compartments. It looks like the seat CX has installed (and many others like AA etc) would be the minimum requirement.
Old Dec 10, 2015, 10:19 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
The 777-9 will be too wide for the current B/E Diamond LH currently uses, unless they go for the 2-3-2 config they currently have on the 744 main deck

Considering the 777-9 will arrive with LH sometime in 2020-22, it sounds about right: the current seat will be 8-10 years old and written off. IAG also announced that they will have common widebody cabins across Aer Lingus, Iberia and BA, so this is a bit of a me-too.
Old Dec 12, 2015, 7:17 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
So in 2015 they announced that in 2020 they would introduce something new... Interesting marketing strategy...
Old Dec 12, 2015, 8:57 pm

Originally Posted by TPJ
So in 2015 they announced that in 2020 they would introduce something new... Interesting marketing strategy...
It is rather early in the cycle, true, but wasn't exactly a big 'announcement' - I had an interview with Carsten Spohr, asked him about plans for first and business class and the 777-9X, and he just shared the info (that's why it's not been reported anywhere else to date, as far as I can see, as it wasn't part of an official press release or such).

I quite like Swiss business class so hope the new unified business class seat draws from that.
Old Dec 13, 2015, 4:43 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by djsflynn
I had an interview with Carsten Spohr, asked him about plans for first and business class and the 777-9X, and he just shared the info (that's why it's not been reported anywhere else to date, as far as I can see, as it wasn't part of an official press release or such).
Thanks. It's good to hear how the story originated. If this actually happens in five years' time we'll know where we read it first!
djsflynn likes this.
Old Dec 13, 2015, 7:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
So, I'm guessing it will take 4-5 years to get the seats fleetwide? So we're really talking about something that will happen over the next decade?
Old Dec 13, 2015, 11:31 pm

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Originally Posted by TPJ
It is like saying: "be patient with us for five years then we going to get you surprised with something better"
Old Feb 5, 2017, 12:55 pm

I don't know why anyone would have expected a new J product here when they literally just completed the fleetwide roll-out of their 'new' J.

That product is not fantastic but it's also no worse than Club World on BA or the WBC on most planes with KLM or the variety of sucky seats on the majority of AF's fleet. I think if all of those competitors had a much better product with aisle access across the board, LH would follow suit but for now they have an excuse as to why not.
Old Feb 5, 2017, 1:09 pm

BA seems to be a lost cause for CW seat improvement, but at least AF and KLM put some newer seats in the new plane.
And LH is again celebrating new Airbus planes with old seats.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.