Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Eurowings new/changed/cancelled routes

Search this Thread

Old May 25, 2020, 11:44 am

Programs: LH FTL
Originally Posted by whereiswaldo
Mods - move is there's a better thread. I booked EW tickets for TXL to FMO for the end of June. It has been widely reported that TXL will be closed from 15 June onwards.

EW just rebooked us onto flights out of TXL, more than 17 hours later than initially booked. The re-booking does not work since we would miss onward travel in Rome. But more importantly, how will EW fly from a closed airport? Curious what to expect - (a) delay of 17 hours and (b) a pretty certain cancellation. I am not interested in vouchers since we are not based in Europe. And I have to figure out how to get the family to Rome now.
It's not set in stone yet that TXL will be closed indeed. As of now, shareholders and supervisory board authorized the management to apply for a permission to close with the authorities, but it is still an option. Formalities aside, if TXL will be closed, all services and operations will be shifted to SXF, thus, EW will fly from there, too.
Old May 26, 2020, 3:32 pm

Thanks for the heads up on TXL possibly staying open / SXF being used as an alternative. The 17+ hours change in departure time is not feasible and I have asked EW to refund the ticket - specifically mentioned I will not accept vouchers. I assume 17 hours is so excessive that any argument regarding "reasonableness" is mute. Let's see what EW will come up with given the widespread documented behavior of LH Group carriers.
Old Apr 12, 2021, 2:23 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
EW sending A320 from DUS to RU starting July:

Flights from Dusseldorf to Krasnodar will be operated: Monday: DUS - KRR 11.45 - 16.55 KRR - DUS 18:15 - 21:30 Friday: DUS - KRR 07:15 - 12:25 KRR - DUS 13:45 - 17:00

The flight from Dusseldorf to Yekaterinburg will be operated: Saturday: DUS - SVX 11:10 - 18:50 SVX - DUS 19:40 - 21:55
Old Apr 12, 2021, 4:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Any chance of Frankfurt to Samara? Or anywhere to Samara?
Old Dec 15, 2021, 2:12 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

EW will get two BT A223 (aka CS3) in STR on wetlease to help out for the S22 schedule.
Old Dec 17, 2021, 12:33 pm

Programs: Der 5* FTL
BT seem to be wetleasing the A220s left and right. Good business as I suppose they are waay down on traffic themselves.

EW seems to be working on S22 schedule and not just cutting either: after staring sale DUS-KSC for W22/23 not too long ago, they also reinstated KSC as destination for S22, starting with 3 weekly, down to 2 in high season (presumably to increase availability to seaside destinations) then between 2 and 4 weekly across winter.
I have also seen several other destinations reinstated recently.
Old Dec 21, 2021, 2:12 am

Ambitious S22:

Eurowings flies to more destinations in summer 2022 than ever before

Germany's largest holiday airline with more than 140 destinations in its programme for the first time / Up to 380 flights per week to Mallorca

Strong catch-up effects expected after Corona winter
Eurowings offer in summer 2022 almost at the same level as 2019
New from Hamburg: Alicante, Bilbao, Gothenburg, Lisbon, Porto, Verona
New from Stuttgart: Adana, Kütahya-Zafer, Porto, Preveza, Tbilisi, Tivat, Tunis
For the first time in summer from Düsseldorf: Bergamo, Funchal, Tromsø, Belgrade, Volos
Back on offer from Cologne/Bonn: Alicante, Tenerife, Izmir, Kayseri
Clear No. 1 in Mallorca traffic: up to 380 flights per week from 20 airports
Flexible rebooking up to 40 minutes before departure still possible

The travel industry expects strong catch-up effects for the 2022 summer season after the winter, which was again characterised by Corona. Germany’s largest holiday airline Eurowings will therefore offer more destinations in the 2022 summer flight schedule than ever before.

Anyone who wants to use the cold Christmas days to plan their holiday for 2022 can now choose from more than 140 attractive direct Eurowings connections. With around 2,500 weekly flights, the Eurowings offer has already almost reached the level of the time before Corona. The clear front-runner is the Balearic island of Majorca, which was once again Europe’s most popular sunshine island last year: Eurowings will fly to Majorca from more than 20 airports up to 380 times a week in the summer of 2022, thus further expanding its position as the number one in Balearic traffic. All connections can already be booked with a few clicks via eurowings.com or the Eurowings customer app. The programme for 2022 includes a whole series of attractive summer destinations that the Lufthansa subsidiary will fly to for the first time from one of its major bases.
Old Aug 19, 2022, 3:49 am

Programs: LH-SEN, DL-Platinum
Anyone know if there is an updated list of 4Y route cancellations? It seems CGN-EDI has been axed, at least through March 23.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.