Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New European Economy Fares [HBO/light topics merged]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2015, 8:34 am

Originally Posted by whiskey_sk
just attained a new personal record - 777 EUR for an intra-EU non-refundable, non-changeable, carry-on only ticket!
True low cost service!
Congrats. Does it involve poultry outstations such as WAW so to boot they potentially can even cheat you on lounge access?
Old Nov 12, 2015, 8:37 am

Originally Posted by whiskey_sk
just attained a new personal record - 777 EUR for an intra-EU non-refundable, non-changeable, carry-on only ticket!
True low cost service!
But I'm sure you'd earn valuable 125 miles, right? Try that with an LCC!
Old Nov 12, 2015, 11:53 am

Originally Posted by sw1x
Congrats. Does it involve poultry outstations such as WAW so to boot they potentially can even cheat you on lounge access?
Is there some problem with lounge access in WAW that I'm not aware of?
Old Nov 12, 2015, 12:16 pm

Programs: LH HON, Marriott Platinum, ...
Originally Posted by Lack
But I'm sure you'd earn valuable 125 miles, right? Try that with an LCC!
That's the fun part, you can now have fully flexible tickets with 125 miles and light tickets with 1250 miles...
Old Nov 12, 2015, 12:56 pm

Originally Posted by klausa
Unrelated to the LH economy fares, but LOT has an opt out for FTL access on non-integrated airlines (FTL with TK, A3 or SK boarding pass can go and evaluate his carrier choices in the public terminal).
Old Nov 12, 2015, 3:21 pm

Programs: LH MM**, HH Silver
Originally Posted by alfahund
That's the fun part, you can now have fully flexible tickets with 125 miles and light tickets with 1250 miles...
outbound is indeed Y, return is H. A piece of checked luggage can be had for a mere 40eur on top of the 777eur at the time of booking.
Old Nov 13, 2015, 1:36 am

Originally Posted by klausa
If you book a flight with LH that is operated by 4U, 4U will only grant lounge access at so called "BEST departure points". As it turns out e.g. WAW isn't one of them. I.e. even though you may have spent in excess of EUR 700 on lh.com for an intra-European P2P-flight on a LH group carrier that for some random reason is not LH mainline there is a chance LH might find it a bit excessive to grant you lounge access.
Old Nov 15, 2015, 12:29 am

It seems that the light fares are used when booked on OTA and there is no way to select the classic one nor add baggage. Does anybody know if the baggage can be added to the reservation later on lh.com? Lufthansa has a not so clear message that the checked baggage on a light fare is 15 EUR when booked on lh.com, at the Service Center, or a travel agency. What if the "travel agency" does not have an interface for this purchase? Is the only option a 30 EUR fee at the airport?

I hate booking low-cost carriers because of the convoluted fees and baggage rules. Now Lufthansa joined this club with the same mess.
Old Nov 15, 2015, 7:21 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
You can add anything on LH.com, be it a business upgrade or luggage.
Old Nov 16, 2015, 5:11 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Lufthansa: Senator || IHG: Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle || Plutonium Status
What was the routing of the 777eur fare?
Old Nov 16, 2015, 10:22 am

Programs: LH MM**, HH Silver
Originally Posted by HadesNL
What was the routing of the 777eur fare?
VIE-BRU ret
Old Nov 25, 2015, 1:14 pm

Programs: A3 *G
Just wanted to post my personal experience with a Swiss Economy light fare. I had assumed wrongly that even with the stated "no checked luggage", a *G member would get a +1 to their checked baggage allowance.

However, when I checked in today for a Swiss short haul flight on an economy light fare, I still had to pay for a piece of luggage as a *G.

It turns out that european "Economy Light" fares are specifically excluded from the extra baggage allowance usually afforded to *G members on the Star Alliance's Gold member webpage: http://www.staralliance.com/en/gold-status

It states in the Extra Baggage Allowance section: "For travel within Europe on “Light” fares offered by Lufthansa, Austrian & SWISS and “Check&Go” fares offered by Brussels Airlines, the extra baggage allowance will not be offered."
Old Nov 27, 2015, 6:59 am

I was just looking at a next day flight that is almost full with just full fare (B) fares remaining.

However they are still selling light classic and flex. My question is, compared to how things were before: are you getting a discount by purchasing a light fare (say if you dont need bags) OR is the price for the light fare the same as previously but now there's the added fees for the "benefits".

See attached screen shots to see what I mean.

B is supposed to be a full fare bucket, I don't see how it could be stripped of the ability to change or get a refund.

Old Nov 27, 2015, 7:19 am
Suspended

Programs: UA Premier Gold
Its a complete bull****.

LH has introduced a light fare, but they did not abolish these expensive one way fares.
Old Nov 27, 2015, 7:37 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by killuminati

B is supposed to be a full fare bucket, I don't see how it could be stripped of the ability to change or get a refund.
Nope, the light B fare is stripped of everything:

Code:
27NOV15**27NOV15/LH BCNFRA/NSP;EH/TPM   679/MPM   814                           
      ** YOUTH DISCOUNT APPLICABLE ON LH SPECIAL FARE **                        
LN FARE BASIS    OW   EUR  RT   B PEN  DATES/DAYS   AP MIN MAX R                
01+B64FLX9A       451           B  65+   -     -   + -  -   -  R                
02+B64CLS9A       416           B NRF    -     -   + -  -   -  R                
03+B64LGT9A       396           B NRF    -     -   + -  -   -  R                
04+B64FLX0A                 727 B 120+   -     -   + -  -  12M R                
05+B64CLS0A                 657 B NRF    -     -   + -  -  12M R                
06+B64LGT0A                 617 B NRF    -     -   + -  -  12M R                
>                                                 PAGE  2/ 2                    
>fqn3*pe
FQN3*PE                                                                         
**  RULES DISPLAY  **                  TAX MAY APPLY                            
                                       SURCHG MAY APPLY-CK RULE                 
27NOV15**27NOV15/LH BCNFRA/NSP;EH/TPM   679/MPM   814                           
LN FARE BASIS    OW   EUR  RT   B PEN  DATES/DAYS   AP MIN MAX R                
03+B64LGT9A       396           B NRF    -     -   + -  -   -  R                
FCL: B64LGT9A  TRF:  21 RULE: LGA2 BK:  B                                       
PTC: ADT-ADULT              FTC: XAN-NON REFUNDABLE APEX                        
FARE FAMILY            : LIGHT                                                  
PE.PENALTIES                                                                    

CANCELLATIONS                                                                 

ANY TIME                                                                    
      TICKET IS NON-REFUNDABLE.                                                 
      WAIVED FOR DEATH OF PASSENGER OR FAMILY MEMBER.                           
         NOTE -                                                                 
          WAIVERS MUST BE EVIDENCED BY DEATH CERTIFICATE.                       
          ----                                                                  
          REFUND PERMITTED BEFORE DEPARTURE IN CASE OF                          
          REJECTION OF VISA. EMBASSY STATEMENT REQUIRED.                        
                                                  PAGE  1/ 3                    
>m
          REFUND RULES APPLY PER FARE COMPONENT.                                
          ----                                                                  
          REFUND OF UNUSED TAXES PERMITTED.                                     
          UNLESS APPLICABLE OW/RT FARE PLUS TAXES FOR                           
          ACTUAL TRAVEL IS HIGHER THAN WHOLE ORIGINAL                           
          TICKET. IN THIS CASE NO TAX OR FEE REFUND WILL BE                     
          PERMITTED.                                                            
          SHOULD THE FARE FOR THE ACTUAL FLOWN TRAVEL                           
          BE HIGHER THAN THE ORIGINAL PAID FARE AMOUNT                          
          THE FARE DIFFERENCE MUST BE COLLECTED.                                
          ----                                                                  
          FOR NON REFUNDABLE TICKETS THE YQ                                     
          INTERNATIONAL/DOMESTIC SURCHARGE WILL NOT BE                          
          REFUNDED.                                                             
          FOR NON REFUNDABLE TICKETS THE YR                                     
          INTERNATIONAL/DOMESTIC SURCHARGE WILL NOT BE                          
          REFUNDED.                                                             
          THIS ALSO INCLUDES LH/LX/OS/SN DCC - DISTRIBUTION                     
          COST CHARGE- /AD INTERIM SHOWN AS YR ON THE                           
          TICKET/.                                                              
          ----                                                                  
                                                  PAGE  2/ 3                    
>m
          THE OPTIONAL PAYMENT CHARGE IS NON-REFUNDABLE.                        

CHANGES                                                                       

ANY TIME                                                                    
      CHANGES NOT PERMITTED.                                                    
      WAIVED FOR DEATH OF PASSENGER OR FAMILY MEMBER.                           
         NOTE -                                                                 
          WAIVERS MUST BE EVIDENCED BY DEATH CERTIFICATE.                       
          -------------                                                         
          RULES FOR CHANGES APPLY BY FARE                                       
          COMPONENT/DIRECTION. IN CASE OF FARE COMBINATION                      
          CHARGE THE HIGHEST FEE OF CHANGED FARE COMPONENTS.                    
          -------------                                                         
          REISSUE/REVALIDATION/REROUTING/REBOOKING/NO-SHOW                      
          NOT PERMITTED.                                                        
                                                  PAGE  3/ 3                    
>

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.