Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New European Economy Fares [HBO/light topics merged]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2017, 4:53 am

Programs: LH SEN/*G
<thread drift>
I never know quite when to use U2 or EZY.
</thread drift>
Old May 31, 2017, 12:10 pm

Booking class for FLEX

Hi,
I'm trying to buy a ticket at lh.com.
After I select the flight and I'm being ask for the class (econ saver, standard, flex), when I select to see the booking class it shows me for all three of them the same (V). Is this a bug in the system? Or do all three categories have the same booking class?
Thanks
Old May 31, 2017, 12:59 pm

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
It is no bug, one booking class can be used for light, saver or flex. Same with P and Z in business which can be anything between completely non-flex and fully flexible.

It used to be so much easier when the fare bucket would correspond to the ticket conditions but that is no more...

Now, if only they would award miles according to the conditions or ticket type and not the bucket, because I have travelling on been on a lot of flexible P and Z fares lately.
Old Jun 1, 2017, 6:25 am

Priority boarding and Exit Row selection included in LH Economy Flex tickets?

I recently booked a EcoFlex ticket that involve LX and LH segments (MAN-ZHR-MAD with Swiss, MAD-MUC-MAN with Lufthansa). Interestingly, when booking the LH part said 'Priority Boarding included (when available)' but the LX said nothing. There is no mention of PB in the confirmation email from Lufthansa but doing a dummy booking to somewhere in Europe and selecting the EcoFlex option clearly says 'Priority Boarding included' as with my booking.

Is this a real thing or just an error from LH website? I do not really care too much but it would be great.

Also, I was able to select for free exit row seats in all the segments (although I had to go to the Swiss website to do the LX part). Will this stick or they will kick me out at some point in the future?
Old Jun 1, 2017, 8:52 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Eco Flex gives you prio boarding and priority security. Exit row will not stick post 48-72h.

More here: https://www.lufthansa.com/online/myp...en&cid=1000390
Old Jun 1, 2017, 9:10 am

Location: between DM464 and DM463 on the NAPSA26 RNAV TRANS in EDDM
Programs: this and that
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Eco Flex gives you prio boarding and priority security. Exit row will not stick post 48-72h.

I heard the inclusion of "full fare" and "flex" customers in the priority boarding calls in a couple of cases recently, but on a consistent basis.

But seriously, does that mean that KFLEX customer (no status) gets prio boarding while a YCLASSIC customer (no status) does not get it?

That seems odd to me, but then I am one of few that questions the logic behind having three fare types for each booking class in economy...
Old Jun 1, 2017, 9:28 am

Programs: LH FTL
Originally Posted by cas_de
I heard the inclusion of "full fare" and "flex" customers in the priority boarding calls in a couple of cases recently, but on a consistent basis.

But seriously, does that mean that KFLEX customer (no status) gets prio boarding while a YCLASSIC customer (no status) does not get it?

That seems odd to me, but then I am one of few that questions the logic behind having three fare types for each booking class in economy...
there is no priority boarding for full fares..
Old Jun 1, 2017, 10:46 am

Definitely no prio boarding for "Flex" as much as I'm aware..
Old Jun 1, 2017, 11:49 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002

Thank you very much for the link!

Would you recommend me to change to a Preferred Seat in the Swiss segments or these will also not stick before check-in?
Old Jun 1, 2017, 2:06 pm

Location: between DM464 and DM463 on the NAPSA26 RNAV TRANS in EDDM
Programs: this and that
Originally Posted by YuropFlyer
Definitely no prio boarding for "Flex" as much as I'm aware..
Well, I heard it on a number of occasions at outstations (never at MUC or FRA) this year:

CGN, DUS, HAM, HAJ, TXL to name a few...
Old Jun 2, 2017, 11:54 am

Originally Posted by cas_de
Well, I heard it on a number of occasions at outstations (never at MUC or FRA) this year:

CGN, DUS, HAM, HAJ, TXL to name a few...
That explains why I never heard it (flying Ex-ZRH but via FRA/MUC quite a bit)

In FRA/MUC (and ZRH) all they announce is "Business class, as well as HON/SEN and *G may now board.."

Interesting how they might allow "Flex" customers at German outstations to board early, while they don't do it at their hubs and at Non-German airports..

(actually, I never heard "Flex" included at FDH either...)
Old Jun 12, 2017, 10:39 pm

Programs: NZ*G ELT, VA-G
Lufthansa Economy Light Confusion

Two of us are travelling on LH FRA-Malta return (Outbound in Business and Return in Economy Light). Just called Lufthansa trying to pre pay one piece of baggage for each of us on the return leg and I was told Star Gold would get an extra bag as long as you purchase one bag. So instead of paying one bag for each of us, I only paid for one and the other one bag would use my Star Gold entitlement.

I am very skeptical about this after reading some of the posts here and thought I should ask here to get an definitive answer. There is no question here that Economy Light does not allow any bag for Star Gold. But does it allow me to check in one extra if I have already prepaid one?
Old Jun 12, 2017, 10:43 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
I have never heard this and I think what you have been told is incorrect. But I could be wrong.
Old Jun 13, 2017, 12:11 am

Programs: UA Gold, Marriott Gold
I would be very surprised if this is correct. I remember reading somewhere on the webpage of LX that the Star Gold benefits in regard of luggage do not apply on light fares and I would be surprised that LH does it differently
Old Jun 13, 2017, 12:15 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
If you purchase a bag on a light fare you get nothing extra as *G/SEN.

BTW, last friday in HAM I heard them announce flex fares could board with SEN/HON/C pax. So it must be in the script now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.