Wiki Posts
Search

Feedback thread for the official LH Lurker(s), LufthansaGermanAirlines

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19, 2023, 5:40 am
Company Representative - Lufthansa Airlines

Originally Posted by HelderFerns
Dear Lufthansa,

Thank you for the quick reply I really appreciate it. I have already replied to them 4 times each time I get a new representative that provides me with the same answer :

"We understand your wish to receive compensation. However, please take a moment to understand why we are unable to fulfill your request.
Our decision has already been carefully considered, taking into account,
We deeply value your loyalty to Lufthansa, and we genuinely regret that our decision did not meet your expectations. After reviewing your recent correspondence, we have carefully reassessed our evaluation.
Despite the difficulty of the situation, we must inform you that we stand by our decision, as we believe it to be fair and appropriate. We kindly request your understanding that we consider this our final assessment."

Now this is clearly a template that they are using and in this case the representative even forgot to complete the sentence "Our decision has already been carefully considered, taking into account, (missing content)" leaving just insteat a coma.This is the reason why I'm mentioning this here because I don't know who else to reach out to within
Lufthansa , the customer relations department is clearly not willing to help me!
Hi HelderFerns,

I can really understand your dissatisfaction with the processing so far, but I must stick to my previous statement and ask you to proceed as suggested by the colleagues, otherwise, contact them again via the registered email. I would have liked to recommend something else, but unfortunately, this is not possible in your situation.

Kind regards,
Tania
Old Oct 19, 2023, 8:38 am

Originally Posted by LufthansaGermanAirlines
Hi HelderFerns,

I can really understand your dissatisfaction with the processing so far, but I must stick to my previous statement and ask you to proceed as suggested by the colleagues, otherwise, contact them again via the registered email. I would have liked to recommend something else, but unfortunately, this is not possible in your situation.

Kind regards,
Tania
Dear Lufthansa,

Thank you for the quick reply. I have done as instructed I have sent again an email on the 17th September stating the facts that I have shared here but so far I have received no reply. I will wait till next week to receive a reply but in case that doesn't happen what would you suggest me to do?

Thanks in advance for the support!
Old Oct 20, 2023, 7:15 am

Originally Posted by HelderFerns
Dear Lufthansa,

Thank you for the quick reply. I have done as instructed I have sent again an email on the 17th September stating the facts that I have shared here but so far I have received no reply. I will wait till next week to receive a reply but in case that doesn't happen what would you suggest me to do?

Thanks in advance for the support!
Hello HelderFerns,

Much as we would like to provide an alternative, there is really no other way but to take this up with our Customer Relations department directly, I'm very sorry.

Best regards
Birgit
Old Oct 24, 2023, 5:13 am

Programs: Eurobonus, Hyatt
Is it possible to cash upgrade to confirmed business class online, LH flight Economy award booking on SK ticket stock?
No option is visible on the Lufthansa website.

Bidding for an upgrade, neither gives an option to choose business class, only premium economy.

Any solutions?
Old Oct 24, 2023, 6:48 am

Originally Posted by Living_on_Points
Is it possible to cash upgrade to confirmed business class online, LH flight Economy award booking on SK ticket stock?
No option is visible on the Lufthansa website.

Bidding for an upgrade, neither gives an option to choose business class, only premium economy.

Any solutions?
Hi there,

are you referring to an award flight booked through SK frequent flyer program?
In this case, kindly contact SK directly, as we're unable to provide you with any information on other airlines programs and their regulations and restrictions.

Best regards,

Markus
Living_on_Points likes this.
Old Oct 25, 2023, 12:23 am

Programs: BA Silver, TAP Gold, EK Silver, Hilton Diamond, Miles and More
Help kindly requested

Dear Lufthansa lurkers,

reaching out here to get help.

Last week I noticed that >40000 miles have been deducted from my account in a transaction with partner bol.de , which I did not do or authorize. I called the hotline and after a long wait the man told me there is a case openend and I will get my miles back. However, this was a week ago and I did not even receive a case number and certainly no miles back. Can you help?
Old Oct 25, 2023, 5:10 am

Programs: Miles&More SEN; ITA Premium, Asante Gold, IHG Platinum, BAEC Bronze, Accor Silver, Radisson Premier
Dear Lufthansa lurkers,

I have requested duty of care due to the closure of Basel Airport on 19th October and subsequent 12hr delay of my flight which necesitated an overnight stay through the Lufthansa feedback form. Your colleagues there keep reiterating that I am asking for compensation and refusing to reimburse any of the costs incurred, neither transport to the hotel nor the hotel stay for the night. I keep reiterating that I am not asking for compensation but for duty of care, which was not at all provided on the spot, but which was told via LH chat that I would receive when they were processing my rebooking (still incurring a 13hr delay on arrival to my destination needing the overnight stay in Zurich).

They have responded negatively three times and refuse to do anything about this. They have also changed the reason for the delay twice in their correspondence. Is it possible to ensure that the duty of care under EU261/2014 is provided to me and my expenses (which were reasonable) reimbursed. Currently I am being told that I will receive nothing.

If necessary, I can provide you the text and the feedback ID to check the case.

Many thanks,

Latest response from Lufthansaear ChrisBub,

Thank you for your inquiry.

We understand your wish to receive compensation. However, please take a moment to understand why we are unable to fulfill your request.

Of course, our decision was made after carefully considering the legal situation along with goodwill considerations. Therefore, we kindly request your understanding that we choose to uphold our decision and consider the case closed.

We deeply value your loyalty to Lufthansa, and we genuinely regret that our decision did not meet your expectations. After reviewing your recent correspondence, we have carefully reassessed our evaluation.

Despite the difficulty of the situation, we must inform you that we stand by our decision, as we believe it to be fair and appropriate. We kindly request your understanding that we consider this our final assessment.

My previous mail:
Hel
Thank you for your reply. I reiterate that I am not asking for compensation. I am asking for duty of care. This is outlined as Lufthansa’s responsibility regardless of the cause of the delay/cancellation.

Unless you provide me with the amount you are liable for under DUTY OF CARE to passengers under EU 261/2014 and subsequent ECJ rulings and European Commission Implementing guidelines, I will proceed immediately with the legal challenge, and claim on top of the modest sum of xxx.xx Swiss Francs for the cost of accommodation and transport for the night of the delay also all legal costs borne by me in bringing this case to the relevant German and/or Swiss arbitration cost.

I reiterate that your representative has already confirmed to me as they rebooked my flight that Lufthansa would bear the duty of care costs for the accommodation and transport. I repeat this is not a request for compensation, but duty of care.

Furthermore, I request that this complaint be elevated to a supervisory level. This is a modest sum, and has already been offered by your agent at the time as they were unable to book the hotel themselves.

Your statement below is inaccurate and not in accordance with EU 261.

Finally, the reason for the delay/cancellation was not industrial action. This is also false information. Please also correct that. You have now provided two different reasons for the delay in each response. Get your story straight, please transfer me the duty of care funds you are liable for, or I will elevate to a legal process through arbitration or court proceedings.

With kind regards,

Chrisbub
Old Oct 25, 2023, 7:08 am

Originally Posted by Willi90
Dear Lufthansa lurkers,

reaching out here to get help.

Last week I noticed that >40000 miles have been deducted from my account in a transaction with partner bol.de , which I did not do or authorize. I called the hotline and after a long wait the man told me there is a case openend and I will get my miles back. However, this was a week ago and I did not even receive a case number and certainly no miles back. Can you help?
Hi Willi,

I am sorry to hear that there seems to be an issue and you have not heard back from our Miles & More team. I can only ask you to get in touch with them again directly though, and have them look into this for you once more, as we are unable to assist with this here.

Best regards
Birgit
Old Oct 25, 2023, 7:09 am

Originally Posted by ChrisBub
Dear Lufthansa lurkers,

I have requested duty of care due to the closure of Basel Airport on 19th October and subsequent 12hr delay of my flight which necesitated an overnight stay through the Lufthansa feedback form. Your colleagues there keep reiterating that I am asking for compensation and refusing to reimburse any of the costs incurred, neither transport to the hotel nor the hotel stay for the night. I keep reiterating that I am not asking for compensation but for duty of care, which was not at all provided on the spot, but which was told via LH chat that I would receive when they were processing my rebooking (still incurring a 13hr delay on arrival to my destination needing the overnight stay in Zurich).

They have responded negatively three times and refuse to do anything about this. They have also changed the reason for the delay twice in their correspondence. Is it possible to ensure that the duty of care under EU261/2014 is provided to me and my expenses (which were reasonable) reimbursed. Currently I am being told that I will receive nothing.

If necessary, I can provide you the text and the feedback ID to check the case.

Many thanks,

Latest response from Lufthansaear ChrisBub,

Thank you for your inquiry.

We understand your wish to receive compensation. However, please take a moment to understand why we are unable to fulfill your request.

Of course, our decision was made after carefully considering the legal situation along with goodwill considerations. Therefore, we kindly request your understanding that we choose to uphold our decision and consider the case closed.

Despite the difficulty of the situation, we must inform you that we stand by our decision, as we believe it to be fair and appropriate. We kindly request your understanding that we consider this our final assessment.

My previous mail:
Hel
Thank you for your reply. I reiterate that I am not asking for compensation. I am asking for duty of care. This is outlined as Lufthansas responsibility regardless of the cause of the delay/cancellation.

Unless you provide me with the amount you are liable for under DUTY OF CARE to passengers under EU 261/2014 and subsequent ECJ rulings and European Commission Implementing guidelines, I will proceed immediately with the legal challenge, and claim on top of the modest sum of xxx.xx Swiss Francs for the cost of accommodation and transport for the night of the delay also all legal costs borne by me in bringing this case to the relevant German and/or Swiss arbitration cost.

I reiterate that your representative has already confirmed to me as they rebooked my flight that Lufthansa would bear the duty of care costs for the accommodation and transport. I repeat this is not a request for compensation, but duty of care.

Furthermore, I request that this complaint be elevated to a supervisory level. This is a modest sum, and has already been offered by your agent at the time as they were unable to book the hotel themselves.

Your statement below is inaccurate and not in accordance with EU 261.

Finally, the reason for the delay/cancellation was not industrial action. This is also false information. Please also correct that. You have now provided two different reasons for the delay in each response. Get your story straight, please transfer me the duty of care funds you are liable for, or I will elevate to a legal process through arbitration or court proceedings.

With kind regards,

Chrisbub
Hi Chris,

You are welcome to share your feedback ID so we can follow up on the status of your claim.

Best regards
Birgit
Old Oct 25, 2023, 3:36 pm

Hello HelderFerns,

Much as we would like to provide an alternative, there is really no other way but to take this up with our Customer Relations department directly, I'm very sorry.

Best regards
Birgit
Dear Lufthansa,

The problem here is that your Customer Relations Department never replied to my last email sent one week ago (18th October). I don't understand how can a department completely ignore the email of a customer , if this is Lufthansa treats their customers then something is very wrong but I'm sure that more people are being ignored as I have been and the worse part is that according to your reply there is no other way that we can complain about this.

Last edited by HelderFerns; Oct 26, 2023 at 11:38 am Reason: missing one letter
Old Oct 25, 2023, 11:55 pm

Programs: Miles&More SEN; ITA Premium, Asante Gold, IHG Platinum, BAEC Bronze, Accor Silver, Radisson Premier
Hi Chris,

You are welcome to share your feedback ID so we can follow up on the status of your claim.

Best regards
Birgit
Many thanks Birgit. I've sent the Feedback ID by Private message to you.
Thanks!
Old Oct 29, 2023, 4:17 pm

Programs: MM/SEN PPB FB/S BBiz SASB IHG/SE
Does LH Miles and More credit Star Alliance Copa (CM) R class award and status mil

Dear Lufthansa,

Miles and More has contradicting information online on Copa R-booking-class (biz promo) earning/or not on LH Miles and More.

2 queries raised with MM no answer, call center agents contradict each other.

PLEASE BRING IN SOME CLARITY.

See thread with screenshots:
Copa Airlines Biz (R) Class award/status on Miles and More?
Old Oct 30, 2023, 6:35 am

Originally Posted by Travelozo
Dear Lufthansa,

Miles and More has contradicting information online on Copa R-booking-class (biz promo) earning/or not on LH Miles and More.

2 queries raised with MM no answer, call center agents contradict each other.

PLEASE BRING IN SOME CLARITY.

See thread with screenshots:
Copa Airlines Biz (R) Class award/status on Miles and More?
Hi Traveleozo,

I have forwarded this to the Miles & More team and will let you know as soon as I hear back from them.

Best regards
Birgit
Old Oct 30, 2023, 6:40 pm

Another Paid Seats Disappearing Post -Help Needed

Booked award ticket through UA TLS -MUC-SAN. Purchased tickets through LH website for MUC-SAN leg. I made a change to the reservation to BCA-MUC-SAN - so only the first flight changed not the MUC-SAN leg. This resulted in LH dropping the purchased seat from my reservation - which I figured would happen so I called LH to get the seats re-instated. At this point the seats won't stick and cancel after 72 hours. I've contacted LH multiple times and each time I am told that they have associated the seat with the reservation - yet they keep disappearing. Any idea on how to get this resolved? I actually had this exact thing happen to me last year when I flew LH and it took literally 10 calls to get the issue resolved so I am hoping not to have to do go through all of that again. Is there any terminology I can use or suggestions to get an agent to actually get this fixed?
Old Oct 31, 2023, 9:34 am

Originally Posted by powayhen
Booked award ticket through UA TLS -MUC-SAN. Purchased tickets through LH website for MUC-SAN leg. I made a change to the reservation to BCA-MUC-SAN - so only the first flight changed not the MUC-SAN leg. This resulted in LH dropping the purchased seat from my reservation - which I figured would happen so I called LH to get the seats re-instated. At this point the seats won't stick and cancel after 72 hours. I've contacted LH multiple times and each time I am told that they have associated the seat with the reservation - yet they keep disappearing. Any idea on how to get this resolved? I actually had this exact thing happen to me last year when I flew LH and it took literally 10 calls to get the issue resolved so I am hoping not to have to do go through all of that again. Is there any terminology I can use or suggestions to get an agent to actually get this fixed?
Hello powayhen,

it's unfortunate that those seats keep disappearing from your reservation. I suggest that you send us your booking code along with the passenger name via PM, so we can take a look and, possibly, clarify the issue with our Ticketing department.

Best,
Katharina

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.