Search

Feedback thread for the official LH Lurker(s), LufthansaGermanAirlines

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28, 2022, 3:26 pm
Senior Moderator; Moderator, Eco-Conscious Travel, United and Flyertalk Cares

Programs: UA 1.7 MM;; Accor & Marriott Pt; Hyatt Globalist
Problems with form for receiving EU261 comp via wire

Hello,

I was sent a link to a form prefilled out with my name and compensation amount to have EU261 compensation wired to my bank. I have filled out the wire info and checked it multiple times to make sure it is correct. The form continues to give me a message that says to correct the details and won't allow me to submit. Nothing is highlighted to indicated what it wants corrected. I'm stuck and don't know how to proceed with this. I've responded back to customer service, but my original claim took over four months to respond to so I'm not sure what to do here.
Old Nov 29, 2022, 1:07 am

Originally Posted by romans
frustrated that after months (April 2022) my cases ID 35681636 // ID 35641902 were not even communicated to me. honestly there is not worse customer service than has LH! I can clearly say it after 2 years! and NO, TAP is even better!
I sent an another reminder to existing ID cases email: [email protected] . I counted 9 emails sent after 20.5.2022 except the answers from Lurkers here (thank you but as you can see no one from Lufthansa really cares about answering to me) I did hear nothing. When I called LH the answer is "You must wait for email answer we are not able to see these cases."

Last edited by romans; Nov 29, 2022 at 1:16 am
Old Nov 29, 2022, 8:11 am
Company Representative - Lufthansa Airlines

Originally Posted by l etoile
Hello,

I was sent a link to a form prefilled out with my name and compensation amount to have EU261 compensation wired to my bank. I have filled out the wire info and checked it multiple times to make sure it is correct. The form continues to give me a message that says to correct the details and won't allow me to submit. Nothing is highlighted to indicated what it wants corrected. I'm stuck and don't know how to proceed with this. I've responded back to customer service, but my original claim took over four months to respond to so I'm not sure what to do here.
Hello I etoile,

please send me your feedback ID in a private message, to see if I can help with your issue.

Best regards
René
l etoile likes this.
Old Nov 29, 2022, 8:11 am

Originally Posted by romans
I sent an another reminder to existing ID cases email: [email protected] . I counted 9 emails sent after 20.5.2022 except the answers from Lurkers here (thank you but as you can see no one from Lufthansa really cares about answering to me) I did hear nothing. When I called LH the answer is "You must wait for email answer we are not able to see these cases."
Hello romans,

please send me your feedback ID in a private message. I will check the status of your request and see if I can send a reminder to my colleagues from Customer Relations. I am sorry for your long waiting.

Best regards
René
romans likes this.
Old Nov 30, 2022, 3:21 am

Programs: SK EBD (*G)
How long should one have to wait for compensation? It has now been over 7 months since the incident in question.. Now considering using the german söp to get things moving.

April: Was delayed 8+ hours 19th of April and emailed Lufthansa day after for EU261 Comp.

July 7th: Received a reply stating compensation was due. Sent in Banking details and received a reply stating payment would be sent within days

November 30th (today): It has been 3.5 months since last email and 7 months since the incident: Still no compensation in my account. I have sent 7 emails without replies, and CS on the phone tells me they can't do anything.

Please assist!
Old Nov 30, 2022, 5:05 am
Senior Moderator; Moderator, Eco-Conscious Travel, United and Flyertalk Cares

Programs: UA 1.7 MM;; Accor & Marriott Pt; Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by LufthansaGermanAirlines;[url=tel:34792782
34792782[/url]]Hello I etoile,

please send me your feedback ID in a private message, to see if I can help with your issue.

Best regards
René
Thank you.

I have sent PMs with additional info.

After sending me a letter and form offering €500, the same person has now sent a letter claiming no compensation is due. He doesn’t seem to know he sent me the other letter a week ago.

In any event, I figured out why the form was not accepting my bank information, and I share it here in case it’s useful to others. My bank, JPMorgan Chase, does not participate in IBAN, and it would only accept an IBAN account number. I’m hoping either LH can send to a non-IBAN account, or can mail a check.
Old Nov 30, 2022, 8:00 am

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Third flight in as many weeks lufthansa has left my luggage behind on a connection. Just flew BER-FRA-GVA and half of my bags were left in FRA. Surely its more expensive to constantly deliver the bags to my hotel/place I'm staying than hiring enough ground staff to get the bags to the connecting flights on time?
kttosia likes this.
Old Dec 1, 2022, 1:32 am

Dear LufthansaGermanAirlines
I filed a claim for compensation in early July. I got a response for customer service in August where I sent all the necessary documents, including power of attorney and ID. Since then it's been complete radio silence. I've replied several times to no avail. I'm reaching out here hoping you can help me with this. Tried to call CS as well, but they only tell me to e-mail. And as you know, there's no reply
Thank you
Old Dec 1, 2022, 4:49 am

Originally Posted by l etoile
Thank you.

I have sent PMs with additional info.

After sending me a letter and form offering €500, the same person has now sent a letter claiming no compensation is due. He doesn’t seem to know he sent me the other letter a week ago.

In any event, I figured out why the form was not accepting my bank information, and I share it here in case it’s useful to others. My bank, JPMorgan Chase, does not participate in IBAN, and it would only accept an IBAN account number. I’m hoping either LH can send to a non-IBAN account, or can mail a check.
Hello etoile,

as much as we would like to assist here, we have no influence on the handling of feedback's and therefore cannot take action. In order to clarify this, you will need to take this up with Customer Relations directly by putting your feedback ID in the subject line, so the relevant team can take a look at your matter.

Kind regards
Jasmin
Old Dec 1, 2022, 4:50 am

Originally Posted by nordboa
Dear LufthansaGermanAirlines
I filed a claim for compensation in early July. I got a response for customer service in August where I sent all the necessary documents, including power of attorney and ID. Since then it's been complete radio silence. I've replied several times to no avail. I'm reaching out here hoping you can help me with this. Tried to call CS as well, but they only tell me to e-mail. And as you know, there's no reply
Thank you
Hello nordboa,

I am sorry to hear about the long handling of your query and that you haven't received any update until now. Please forward us your feedback ID, so we can cross-check the status of your feedback.

Kind regards
Jasmin
Old Dec 1, 2022, 5:16 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Wyndham Diamond, Bestwestern Diamond & Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by LufthansaGermanAirlines
Dear stacycrow,

kindly understand that Flyertalk does not provide the most ideal space to discuss complex cases like yours that have resulted in numerous Feedback IDs being handled and internally forwarded for clarification, already. It also shows it does not prove helpful to send rebouncer after rebouncer to Customer Relations, just because you have not received their response as quickly. Various IDs have been created making it more and more difficult to follow up on your claim. For an overview:

FB ID 36300859 stands in reference to your lost baggage with Lufthansa and was responded to on November 26th. You were offered a reimbursement and asked to reach out to Singapore Airlines for your lost luggage with SQ.

FB ID 35995721 was forwarded to Singapore handling for further handling and you were advised about it on October 26th.

If you have further questions or would like a review, please refer back to Customer Relations using "Ask about existing feedback" as your topic and use no other than those two IDs. Else, it would create even more confusion. as Social Media team, cannot provide further assistance here, as we are not involved in their handling or have any sort of influence.

Thank you,
Katharina
Lufthansa, I disagree with you, Flyertalk is an ideal space to discuss cases like mine that have resulted in me generating numerous feedback IDs and forced me to send rebouncer after rebouncer emails/feedback.

The complexity of my case is the direct result of Lufthansa’s incompetence and poor customer service.

Your comment “just because you have not received their response as quickly” is absurd, it’s been six (6) months now since Lufthansa lost all our luggage and there has been no satisfactory resolution to my case to date.

Furthermore, we were offered a reimbursement for our lost baggage with Lufthansa (FB ID 36300859) on 26 November 2022, and all documentation was sent to Lufthansa Customer Relations Chandan Singh i.e., bank details, address, and a copy of an identity document.

Today is 2 December 2022. Now again complete silence and that is why so many Lufthansa customers are angry and frustrated with your airline.

Lufthansa, how long will it take to receive my compensation after accepting an offer?
samplat, 59Impala and pdeut like this.
Old Dec 2, 2022, 7:15 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Dear lurkers,
thought I would alert you to something that is being „virally“ discussed at a number of online venues, including here at FT.

Why has LH invited some but not all SEN/HONs to a webcast about the new M&M rules next week?

I got the invite but find it extremely bad style to invite some but not all SEN/HON, and see a lot of potential damage by the separation into invited/important/valued customers and others. LH rules made us SEN/HON and all should be treated as important customers.

An email to everybody would have probably made more sense and caused less irritation than a „webcast“ to a chosen few or many, as all SEN/HONs are affected by the new rules.
Stacycrow likes this.
Old Dec 3, 2022, 8:37 pm

Programs: US Dividend Miles
Hi Lufthansa,

I have an allergy to tree nuts (not peanuts) - not so severe that I have to worry about other people on the flight eating them, but I should steer clear of them myself. Can you tell me which meals (regular or special, I don't mind) would be prepared without nuts? We are in Y, itin is EWR-VIE-CAI (Dec.30-31) and CAI-FRA-IAD (Jan.11) I'm otherwise not picky, you can tell me I need to choose vegetarian or kosher or low-fat or whatever.

Would at least the kids' meals be prepared without tree nuts? I don't mind getting silly looks from other passengers for having a kids' meal and a German beer, especially if I get a toy with my happy meal =P

Thanks in advance!
Old Dec 4, 2022, 11:13 am

Programs: EuroBonus
Hi lufthansa what's the status of FB ID 36053978?
Radio silence for a month now and last email stated that "lufthansa confirmed compensation is being paid". Is this the new/old technique - confirm compensation and then do nothing? Seems like a strategy for me since a lot of people saying the same thing.
pdeut likes this.
Old Dec 5, 2022, 5:49 am

Hello shaggy_mutt,

Irrespective of all meals served, we cannot guarantee that our aircraft and the food served on board are completely free of nuts or nut products or that passengers do not bring products containing nuts on board with them. The same also applies to other foodstuffs that may cause an allergic reaction.

In the event of a food intolerance or a severe allergic reaction on board, our medically trained personnel have access at all times to
medicines for emergency medical care. Furthermore, there is a 24-hour hotline on all Lufthansa long-haul flights which can be used to contact a doctor.

Best regards
Birgit

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.