Wiki Posts
Search

Feedback thread for the official LH Lurker(s), LufthansaGermanAirlines

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2021, 6:29 am

Programs: LH SEN *
Originally Posted by RAMSWISS
Dear Lurker,

Refer Lufthansa promotion below. My return flight departs on 15.9.2021 but arrives at destination 16.09.2021. Will I be eligible for the extra status miles ?

Extra status miles on flights

Promotional period from 1.6. to 15.9.2021
Valid on flights with Lufthansa Group airlines and selected airline partners
2,000 status miles for two flights within Europe
5,000 status miles for two intercontinental flights
For the miles accrual, always the date of departure on your boarding pass counts, not the day of arrival. So you're good.
For example, status miles borderline is January 1st, but if your flight departs on December 31st, miles for this count towards December, not January.
Old Aug 18, 2021, 6:33 am
Company Representative - Lufthansa Airlines

Originally Posted by Fried Chicken
Moin zusammen,
On July 11th I flew LH441, Houston --> Frankfurt.

Nothing to complain about. I was continually reminded why I always choose Lufthansa over the.... partner airline, whenever possible. Except one thing.

In economy, only a vegetarian meal was offered... On a flight to/from Texas. Even the pilot gave an audible stutter in disbelief as he read the meal "choice". I'm going to go out on a limb here and assume that when loading economy class meals, the standard assumption on vegetarian/normal ratio was made, and that on the way over to Texas, so many people ate the normal meals that only enough vegetarian was available for the return leg. I might be wrong.

Please understand, in Texas, vegetarianism is (correctly) treated as a mental disorder and not as some sign of an enlightened mindset as some parts of the U.S./World fooled itself into believing. I would hope that, as an airline sensitive to local cultures and customs pertaining to meal choices, this would be understood.

Despite eating two meals (I stole my neighbor's meal - she didn't want anything), I never got the satiation I needed for the flight, and as a result I couldn't get any sleep. Even the breakfast was vegetarian. When I landed in Frankfurt I was properly gnatterig. In fact I'm still gnatterig about it over a month later.

Please don't let this happen again. It's really very frustrating.
Hello Fried Chicken,

I am sorry to hear that. Please know that it is our goal to always provide our customer with the best service, on board as well as on ground, and I am sorry that the meal option was so limited. I am happy to follow this up with my colleagues to see if this was a one off due to logistics, perhaps.

If you would like to provide us with a feedback about it, you are welcome to contact Customer Relations at https://bit.ly/3d6XUJE.

Best regards,
Birgit
Old Aug 18, 2021, 6:54 am

Hello.

Do you know how long it should take to issue a e-ticket number for a changed flight itinerary? The change was made on the 7. July, removing the (cancelled) first leg of my journey and switching from a return ticket to a multi-city journey.

However I noticed on Sunday that I no longer have an e-ticket number and cannot access information on seat reservations, luggage etc. The flight is on 27. August. The service centre told me that there was no valid ticket associated with my PNR. Then I was told the itinerary was rebooked and sent to the ticket office for issuing and it should take a few hours. 3 days later I still have nothing and am getting worried as I can't get a clear answer from anyone. As I understand without an e-ticket number I will be denied boarding and potentially lose the return flight.
Old Aug 18, 2021, 8:12 am

Originally Posted by LufthansaGermanAirlines
Hello Fried Chicken,

I am sorry to hear that. Please know that it is our goal to always provide our customer with the best service, on board as well as on ground, and I am sorry that the meal option was so limited. I am happy to follow this up with my colleagues to see if this was a one off due to logistics, perhaps.

If you would like to provide us with a feedback about it, you are welcome to contact Customer Relations at https://bit.ly/3d6XUJE.

Best regards,
Birgit
Hey Birgit,
thanks for getting back to me so quickly. I filled out the feedback form on your website directly. To be clear: I will always fly Lufthansa oveR United given the option with my United points.

LG,
-FC
Old Aug 18, 2021, 2:21 pm

Hello FriendlyConfines,

My colleagues have just come back with the following replies:

There is the Service desk in the lobby ( landside) in terminal 1. There is only the gate counter at B17 ( near the B18 lounge). Depending on what type of service is required, we may or may not be able to handle it at the gate counter (ie. Rebooking using disruption transfer can be done at the gate. A complicated reissue must be handled at the lobby service desk)

Check in opens at 13:00 h.

Agents at gate before boarding they arrive 90 minutes before boarding to open the gate.

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Birgit
I am grateful to you for relaying the response, Frau Birgit.
Old Aug 18, 2021, 2:30 pm

Originally Posted by Fried Chicken
Please understand, in Texas, vegetarianism is (correctly) treated as a mental disorder and not as some sign of an enlightened mindset as some parts of the U.S./World fooled itself into believing.
That's an extremely trolling comment in my opinion. I know we're not supposed to comment here, but I can't let such nonsense be uncommented.

Calling vegetarianism a "mental disorder", really?

Besides whole cultures being meatless (which you clearly offend with your "mental disorder" nonsense), it's a great thing NOT to eat meat for the environment, at least once in a while. Producing the same amount of meat-calories vs. vegetable-calories uses several times more water, as well as other ressources. Texans are living WAY above what the Earth can sustain. Being proud on destroying the world is about the most silly thing I've heard in here. We're ALL living above what the Earth actually provides, and unless we want to literally keep destroying the planet we're dependant on, we gotta change our habits a LOT - and I mean it.

And it's not like I don't treat myself to some piece of meat - I love it, too. But I also try to eat the less-popular parts (Part of the Tail-to-Nose initiative) which I would like Lufthansa to support, too.

A cow doesn't consist only of steak, and chicken got different parts than it's breasts too..
Old Aug 19, 2021, 5:16 am

Originally Posted by Jon Morris
Hello.

Do you know how long it should take to issue a e-ticket number for a changed flight itinerary? The change was made on the 7. July, removing the (cancelled) first leg of my journey and switching from a return ticket to a multi-city journey.

However I noticed on Sunday that I no longer have an e-ticket number and cannot access information on seat reservations, luggage etc. The flight is on 27. August. The service centre told me that there was no valid ticket associated with my PNR. Then I was told the itinerary was rebooked and sent to the ticket office for issuing and it should take a few hours. 3 days later I still have nothing and am getting worried as I can't get a clear answer from anyone. As I understand without an e-ticket number I will be denied boarding and potentially lose the return flight.

Hello Jon Morris,
while I am not able to give an exact time frame how long the reissue process takes at the moment, I can confirm that it's longer than usual. If you send me your booking code and complete passenger name as private message, then I can ask my colleagues to have a look at it.
Best regards
Jens
Old Aug 19, 2021, 6:00 am

Hello Jon Morris,
while I am not able to give an exact time frame how long the reissue process takes at the moment, I can confirm that it's longer than usual. If you send me your booking code and complete passenger name as private message, then I can ask my colleagues to have a look at it.
Best regards
Jens
Dear Jens,

Thank you for the quick response. I sent you a PM with the details you asked.

Jon
Old Aug 21, 2021, 4:20 am

Programs: LH HON, SQ QPPS, QR Gold, Sixt Diamond
The Government of Singapore announced a Vaccinated Travel Lane (VTL) between Germany and Singapore. Passengers will be exempt from quarantine in Singapore, if they travel on designated VTL flights which do not carry transit passengers, and only vaccinated travelers which have been in Germany and/or Singapore in the past 21 days.

SQ has been quite visible on their website on this.

Do we already know which of the three weekly FRA-SIN LH flights are part of this VTL?
Old Aug 21, 2021, 8:54 am

Dear Jens,

Thank you for the quick response. I sent you a PM with the details you asked.

Jon
Dear Jens/LH Team

After several calls to the service center and with the help of some native German-speaking friends I was eventually able to get an agent who could issue my ticket.

Thank you for offering to look into the situation.

Jon
Old Aug 23, 2021, 7:04 am

Originally Posted by Ziegenhorn
The Government of Singapore announced a Vaccinated Travel Lane (VTL) between Germany and Singapore. Passengers will be exempt from quarantine in Singapore, if they travel on designated VTL flights which do not carry transit passengers, and only vaccinated travelers which have been in Germany and/or Singapore in the past 21 days.

SQ has been quite visible on their website on this.

Do we already know which of the three weekly FRA-SIN LH flights are part of this VTL?
Hi Ziegenhorn,

as of yet, we have not received any news or official information about Lufthansa participating in Singapore's Vaccinated Travel Lane arrangement. We'll let you know as soon as possible.

Best,
Ina
Old Aug 23, 2021, 7:07 am

Dear Jens/LH Team

After several calls to the service center and with the help of some native German-speaking friends I was eventually able to get an agent who could issue my ticket.

Thank you for offering to look into the situation.

Jon
Hi Jon,

this is good news. Thanks for the update.

All the best,
Katharina
Old Aug 24, 2021, 4:21 pm

Rebooking needed, hotline is a mess

Dear Lurker

Since 3 days im trying to rebook a flight via hotline. PNR is under corona rule, so it needs to be done by 31/08 at the latest I was told. Now, the hotline is giving me a waiting time of 30 min no matter what time I call. 6am, 1pm, 5pm, 9pm, 11pm, there is always an announced waiting time of 30 min which in fact turns out to be something in between 60min and 170 min. Finally I get to hear a single ringing tone and after that there is silence. That bloodboiling ritual wasted 13 hours of my lifetime during said last 3 days and left me increasingly desperate on what to do now. Do you have any advise?
Old Aug 25, 2021, 3:30 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Originally Posted by red star
Dear Lurker

Since 3 days im trying to rebook a flight via hotline. PNR is under corona rule, so it needs to be done by 31/08 at the latest I was told. Now, the hotline is giving me a waiting time of 30 min no matter what time I call. 6am, 1pm, 5pm, 9pm, 11pm, there is always an announced waiting time of 30 min which in fact turns out to be something in between 60min and 170 min. Finally I get to hear a single ringing tone and after that there is silence. That bloodboiling ritual wasted 13 hours of my lifetime during said last 3 days and left me increasingly desperate on what to do now. Do you have any advise?
Unfortunately I experience the same. waiting, getting a single ring tone, and then pure silence. Need to recall. Same when calling LX. Phone system seems to be a nightmare.
Old Aug 25, 2021, 8:11 am

Originally Posted by red star
Dear Lurker

Hello red star,

I am sorry to hear that it is still so difficult to get through to my colleagues. Kindly keep trying though, as this kind of rebooking can only be handled manually. Due to the high volume of calls, there are currently long waiting times, unfortunately. We are doing our utmost to increase our capacities to meet the demand and to be able to offer our customers the service level that they are used to. Please note, that the rebooking deadline has been extended until 31 October 2021.

Best regards,
Birgit

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.