Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What will it take to get my miles properly credited to MM?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2012, 1:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold for Life, Air Canada 75K, AA Lifetime Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum
What will it take to get my miles properly credited to MM?

Back in early January I flew from Singapore to Miami round-trip on Continental via Hong Kong and Newark. I received MM credit for all flights except the last segment from Newark to Singapore. After about a month having passed, I requested credit via the web function. I received a e-mail telling me that my request could not be processed and to send my original boarding passes and a copy of my electronic ticket receipt to MM in Verl, Germany. I did so.

After another six weeks, I made another request via the web, as I figured it might work. The response in my account (with no personal contact from MM) was that the flight had been credited.

So, I filed a request with MM via e-mail and receive a file number. No response as to the substance of my query. After another four weeks pass, I decided to send a letter to MM in Santa Clarita (since the address of my account is in Canada -- I am in Singapore on a one-year temporary assignment). I send a cover letter explaining the lack of miles, and my three previous requests for mileage credit. I also note that if the miles had indeed been previously credited, to please check whose account they were credited to because it certainly wasn't mine and I use my MM exclusively for Star Alliance travel.

To date, now April 25, and I haven't received a word from MM, nor credit for 19,000+ miles for a business class segment from Newark to Singapore, despite repeated requests.

Any idea on what it will take to get the miles credited to my account?
Old Apr 26, 2012, 12:13 am
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by AmericanMontrealer
Back in early January I flew from Singapore to Miami round-trip on Continental via Hong Kong and Newark. I received MM credit for all flights except the last segment from Newark to Singapore. After about a month having passed, I requested credit via the web function. I received a e-mail telling me that my request could not be processed and to send my original boarding passes and a copy of my electronic ticket receipt to MM in Verl, Germany. I did so.

After another six weeks, I made another request via the web, as I figured it might work. The response in my account (with no personal contact from MM) was that the flight had been credited.

So, I filed a request with MM via e-mail and receive a file number. No response as to the substance of my query. After another four weeks pass, I decided to send a letter to MM in Santa Clarita (since the address of my account is in Canada -- I am in Singapore on a one-year temporary assignment). I send a cover letter explaining the lack of miles, and my three previous requests for mileage credit. I also note that if the miles had indeed been previously credited, to please check whose account they were credited to because it certainly wasn't mine and I use my MM exclusively for Star Alliance travel.

To date, now April 25, and I haven't received a word from MM, nor credit for 19,000+ miles for a business class segment from Newark to Singapore, despite repeated requests.

Any idea on what it will take to get the miles credited to my account?
I am in a similar boat currently. Have you tried sending a fax to Verl (German call centre)? Their number is: +49 - 52 41 - 80 60 200.
Old Apr 26, 2012, 5:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold for Life, Air Canada 75K, AA Lifetime Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum
Thanks for your advice. I will try faxing all the documentation to Germany. Perhaps marking it FIFTH REQUEST will be the charm.

Shockingly bad customer service in this case. I'm not willing to let 19,000+ miles go uncredited just out of frustration. When things go well with MM, it's a terrific program -- generous, good availability, and excellent customer service when booking award flights. But this has been very frustrating.
Old Apr 26, 2012, 6:50 am

Programs: EBG4Life, EBD, 1MM
Since the system conversion there have been lots of trouble crediting flights with M&M. I think there are even 2 threads dedicated to SK, TP and AV. After sending in manual retrocredit forms for several months I have started calling every 2nd week and nothing is happening. Despite my efforts, nothing has happened and the 28th will be 6 months after the flight...so I do not expect a good result. I think the staff is well aware of the problems but have been helpless to do anything.

With that being said, the online request was not working for SK last week but seems to be working now. Last week I received an error message that crediting was not possible, yet yesterday I had 5 entries in my account for the same flight. None of the 5 flights received mileage as the system claimed the flight was already credited. Today it was corrected and I received the miles. Hopefully these sorts of bugs in the system start getting straightened out soon.
Old Apr 26, 2012, 7:40 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
It seems jumping up and down and sending some more messages won't help... Gütersloh/Verl just puts it in a pile/queue and works off one case after another. A comment from a former LH/M&M call center agent:
http://www.vielfliegertreff.de/miles...tml#post714721
Old Apr 26, 2012, 10:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, LH SEN, EK ex-Gold, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by oliver2002
It seems jumping up and down and sending some more messages won't help... Gütersloh/Verl just puts it in a pile/queue and works off one case after another. A comment from a former LH/M&M call center agent:
http://www.vielfliegertreff.de/miles...tml#post714721
Well, my request for retro-credit has apparently now been handled (took them only two months). I now see a line in my account statement:

LH719 ICN-MUC bla bla has already been credited

Great news, but that wasn't the flight that I wanted to be retro-credited. I had specifically indicated that the miles for the outbound leg were missing.
Old Apr 29, 2012, 12:50 pm

Programs: UA 1K Premier, LH Senator
Jakarta in First - same deal

I'm fighting the same deal now. Tried on-line, then tried via the call center and then sent the original boarding pass in with the requisite paperwork filled out and now in my M&M account I see the following:

17/02/2012 SOEKARNO-HATTA INTL-MUENCHEN +13,576 +13,576
Executive Bonus +1,697 +1,697
LH791/LH791
Business Class, J
13/02/2012 Shangri-La +500
Shangri-La Hotel, Ja JKT016 3
12/02/2012 GENF-MUENCHEN +2,000 +2,000
Executive Bonus +500 +500
LX3688/LH2387
Business Class, J
12/02/2012 MUENCHEN-SOEKARNO-HATTA INTL
Flight already credited
LH790/LH790
, F
08/02/2012 FRANKFURT MAIN-GENF +2,000 +2,000
Executive Bonus +500 +500
LH1218/LH1218
Business Class, J

So....it says "Flight already credited"....but it's not...it's first class from Munich to Jakarta....a flight I took in Febuary and have been requesting since then that still hasn't credited to my account, despite all the other business legs on an 7 leg trip having credited.....

Any ideas? Same deal, send a fax to the German line?
Old May 18, 2012, 9:17 pm
Original Poster

Follow-up: I called MM to ask about the status of my request. The agent told me she would send a request to Germany for an update and to call back the following week. I called back, as requested, yesterday, only to learn that MM insists that my segment EWR to SIN was "already credited" to another FFP. I reminded the agent that I had sent my original boarding passes to Verl, Germany, which had my MM account listed under my name, and that I only credit Star Alliance flights to my MM account. The agent agreed to ask which account the posting was made to and in whose name, as it clearly was not my account. As before, I was instructed to call back in one week.

And the adventure continues... Amazingly poor customer service on LH's part.
Old May 19, 2012, 3:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, LH SEN, EK ex-Gold, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Bentonck
So....it says "Flight already credited"....but it's not...it's first class from Munich to Jakarta....a flight I took in Febuary and have been requesting since then that still hasn't credited to my account, despite all the other business legs on an 7 leg trip having credited.....

Any ideas? Same deal, send a fax to the German line?
My faxes (2) didn't have any effect for weeks. I finally sent an email to M&M stating the problem with the upgraded (Z->O) flight from FRA to ICN. Then I went on a live-aboard dive trip in Indonesia and had no I-net for a couple of weeks. Lo and behold when I returned to dry land I found a reply from M&M and the miles were credited.

The mail specifically stated that they still have a software bug that prevents upgraded flights from getting credited properly.

A week after that even my New Year's promo miles were credited. No additional mail was necessary for that bit.
Old May 19, 2012, 7:04 am

Programs: EBG4Life, EBD, 1MM
...only to learn that MM insists that my segment EWR to SIN was "already credited" to another FFP....
My wife had the same problem with 2 separate SK flights (only on the outbound, inbound credited normal) and we finally gave up and credited them to Eurobonus.

With that being said, our AV flights never got credited after 6 months of contacting them. M&M now says they can't credit the flights as the 6 month window has expired, despite a comedy of errors on their part. I have given up with M&M and we made the decision to empty out our M&M accounts and are switching to Eurobonus. *G for 50,000 sounds much better than SEN for 100,000 (which we would never have gotten).
Old Jun 22, 2012, 9:08 am
Original Poster

UPDATE

Finally, five months and one day from flying from EWR to SIN in business class, after two on-line requests, two letters, and two telephone calls, the miles have finally posted.

It was a battle because Miles & More kept insisting that I had received credit for the flight in another FFP and then told me that there was no record of my having taken the flight. I asked that they investigate because at that point I suspected fraud, perhaps by an airport employee since I recalled a newspaper article about a UA employee who enriched his FFP at the expense of passengers.

I was going to give up and change my *FFP, but I have been a Miles & More member since the first year of the program and have four electronic upgrades left to use.

Wow. It certainly is a lot easier to request missing credit in AAdvantage and Executive Club.

It was 20,000+ miles after all, which is one-fifth the way to Senator.
Old Jul 23, 2012, 6:34 pm

Programs: BA Gold/Marriott Gold/HH Diamond/IC Plat Amba
Perhaps I was lucky but when I called the NA SEN hotline about a missing YYZ-ZRH LX codeshare flight the agent at first gave me the fax number to send my boarding pass and E-tix but then said hold on and saw that there was some problem with the system recognizing YYZ and said she would deal with it. The flight showed up the next day in my account. I wish I had got her name so I could have sent in a job well done for her to MM.^
Old Jul 23, 2012, 11:28 pm
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
UPDATE

Finally, five months and one day from flying from EWR to SIN in business class, after two on-line requests, two letters, and two telephone calls, the miles have finally posted.

It was a battle because Miles & More kept insisting that I had received credit for the flight in another FFP and then told me that there was no record of my having taken the flight. I asked that they investigate because at that point I suspected fraud, perhaps by an airport employee since I recalled a newspaper article about a UA employee who enriched his FFP at the expense of passengers.

I was going to give up and change my *FFP, but I have been a Miles & More member since the first year of the program and have four electronic upgrades left to use.

Wow. It certainly is a lot easier to request missing credit in AAdvantage and Executive Club.

It was 20,000+ miles after all, which is one-fifth the way to Senator.
My missing BD miles just posted today, after 7 months and 10 days. 6 calls, 2 faxes and a few E-Mails. Now on to the missing AC miles from 2 months ago.....
Old Jul 24, 2012, 1:33 am

Programs: BMI DC Gold, BA Gold, LH SEN, Priority Club Platinum, Nectar purple
I have a similar 'miles already posted' message for a flight BHX - EWR earlier in the year. I was about to send off the boarding pass, but having read this thread, am now dreading the hassle.

The funny thing is that all other three flights on the trip (EWR - ORF, ORF - EWR, EWR - BHX) posted ok.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.