Old Jun 2, 2015, 1:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NewbieRunner
Print Wikipost

New First class retrofit thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2013, 3:39 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

The flight seems a little busy around the date I like, I'm currently booked in C and that's rather full but will probably upgrade since that booking is an award with US DM, and they don't book LH F anymore.

The KIX flight now leaves at 10:00, so that's not too bad. And I'm staying at the Kyoto station or even at the Nikko KIX.
Old Mar 29, 2013, 3:44 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Originally Posted by RTW1
The flight seems a little busy around the date I like, I'm currently booked in C and that's rather full but will probably upgrade since that booking is an award with US DM, and they don't book LH F anymore.

The KIX flight now leaves at 10:00, so that's not too bad. And I'm staying at the Kyoto station or even at the Nikko KIX.
How will you upgrade if USDM no longer books F?

Definitely do NOT stay at Kyoto station - that's pretty far from KIX. An hour and a half on the Haruka express
Old Mar 29, 2013, 3:51 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

I'll cancel my US DM award and use my M&M miles ;-). A bit more expensive but since I'm traveling with a friend I can finally use that companion award discount.

And I know it takes a while to get to KIX, but I like the Granvia for the location. But since the flight leaves so early I will most likely stay at the airport the night before.
Old Mar 31, 2013, 7:32 pm

Programs: TK*GOLD, AA*EXP, DL*PM, AR*PL
Hey guys,
D-ABVE is crossed in the first page of this thread under "The following B744s have not been retrofitted as of March 2013"
So actually I don't know if it features the new F or not.
I checked on Flight Status on LH.com and it does not have New First Class sign on it.
It is actually flying to GRU tonight. Does anyone know anything about this aircraft?
Old Mar 31, 2013, 8:00 pm

if you combine the info from flightradar24.com and LH flight status, D-ABVE has new F. Flight radar had it flying FRA-GRU on March 30 (arriving March 31). When you look at LH flight status you see that the flight arriving in GRU on March 31 had new F. So it looks like FlightRadar24 + LH.com = VE has new F.

The flight leaving FRA on March 31 appears to not have had a new F 744.
Old Mar 31, 2013, 8:09 pm

Originally Posted by LufthansaFlyer
if you combine the info from flightradar24.com and LH flight status, D-ABVE has new F. Flight radar had it flying FRA-GRU on March 30 (arriving March 31). When you look at LH flight status you see that the flight arriving in GRU on March 31 had new F. So it looks like FlightRadar24 + LH.com = VE has new F.

The flight leaving FRA on March 31 appears to not have had a new F 744.
I think the flight yesterday that you mentioned was operated by D-ABVX.
And according to flightradar24.com D-ABVE is currently onroute to GRU right?
And at LH.com if you track Departure LH506 March 31st it doesn't show a NEW F.
Am I mixing it up?
Old Mar 31, 2013, 8:11 pm

You might be. D-ABVE left FRA on Mar 30 and arrived March 31 in GRU. D-abve is not flying to GRU tonight from FRA, it arrived today from FRA. Now I'm mixed up! Is flight radar showing departure or arrival time ( I dont use it much)?
Old Mar 31, 2013, 8:17 pm

Originally Posted by fvsn
I think the flight yesterday that you mentioned was operated by D-ABVX.
And according to flightradar24.com D-ABVE is currently onroute to GRU right?
And at LH.com if you track Departure LH506 March 31st it doesn't show a NEW F.
Am I mixing it up?
OK, I was the one mixed up. D-ABVE is enroute now and DOES NOT have new F then!
Old Mar 31, 2013, 8:17 pm

You might be. D-ABVE left FRA on Mar 30 and arrived March 31 in GRU. D-abve is not flying to GRU tonight from FRA, it arrived today from FRA. Now I'm mixed up! Is flight radar showing departure or arrival time ( I dont use it much)?
So which aircraft if onroute to GRU now? How can I check?
The thing is I'm booked GRU-FRA April 2nd and I really don't wanna get the old F
How reliable is LH.com in displaying New First next yo my fight?
Thanks!
Old Mar 31, 2013, 8:18 pm

So which aircraft if onroute to GRU now? How can I check?
The thing is I'm booked GRU-FRA April 2nd and I really don't wanna get the old F
How reliable is LH.com in displaying New First next yo my fight?
Thanks!
Looks like D-ABVE according to flight radar's flight database. I would imagine LH is spot on with their aircraft since they assign aircraft 5-7 days ahead of scheduled flights.
Old Mar 31, 2013, 8:21 pm

Looks like D-ABVE according to flight radar's flight database. I would imagine LH is spot on with their aircraft since they assign aircraft 5-7 days ahead of scheduled flights.
Fingers crossed then!
I'll keep checking flight radar website to see which aircraft will departure from FRA to GRU tomorrow night .
I'll let you know!
Old Mar 31, 2013, 8:22 pm

Looks like D-ABVE according to flight radar's flight database. I would imagine LH is spot on with their aircraft since they assign aircraft 5-7 days ahead of scheduled flights. Had you asked a few days earlier I could have gotten you the answer, but I won't be able to ask my contact @ LH and find out in time.
Old Mar 31, 2013, 8:46 pm

Looks like D-ABVE according to flight radar's flight database. I would imagine LH is spot on with their aircraft since they assign aircraft 5-7 days ahead of scheduled flights. Had you asked a few days earlier I could have gotten you the answer, but I won't be able to ask my contact @ LH and find out in time.
Anyway thank you very much for the info!
By chance would you know why D-ABVE is crossed on the first page of this thread?
Old Mar 31, 2013, 8:48 pm

By chance would you know why D-ABVE is crossed on the first page of this thread?
I don't. Unless it does have the new F, but that would contradict everything we talked about!
Old Mar 31, 2013, 9:25 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Two possibilities. It was in HAM for a while, so maybe they thought it was getting retrofitted or it was one of the birds that wasn't flying so it was considered out of service, but just came back into service.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.