FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NewbieRunner
Print Wikipost

New First class retrofit thread

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2, 2014, 2:09 pm

Programs: LH 1*SEN
Originally Posted by Boeing_747SP
Maybe the 748 is equipped with the "newest" F, unfortunatelly the "best" one will disappear soon. The retrofitted 744 F ...
Yes, that's true...
Old Jun 3, 2014, 5:46 am

Programs: Hilton HHonors Diamond
Was just checking the status of the refitted A343s and found something interesting.

Looks like D-AIFC is now FRA based but has been parked since 05/03/14 (Last flight was DXB-FRA). D-AIFD, D-AIFE, and D-AIGU all appear to be FRA based now and active. It looks like D-AIFF is the only A343 that is still MUC based.

I have an MCO-FRA-DME flight in F this summer and it is currently showing a B744 outbound on July 4th and an A343 inbound on July 20th. Using the LH F enquiry tool, it is showing New First both ways. I'm not going to keep my hopes up though for New First on the return since my odds are basically around 20%.
Old Jun 3, 2014, 5:49 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
All A343 are moving to FRA & DUS, but they all will be without F. More details here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufth...outes-etc.html
Old Jun 3, 2014, 7:22 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002
All A343 are moving to FRA & DUS, but they all will be without F. More details here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufth...outes-etc.html
So if I'm already booked in F on my return trip on July 20th, that shouldn't change anything, correct? I definitely don't want to be in a situation where they sit me in F but provide C service.
Old Jun 3, 2014, 7:25 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
If you booked F you should be fine, the aircraft should operate with F seat and service. I wouldn't be so certain about getting a new F seat on 343 operated flights though.
Old Jun 3, 2014, 7:28 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002
If you booked F you should be fine, the aircraft should operate with F seat and service. I wouldn't be so certain about getting a new F seat on 343 operated flights though.
Okay, good to hear. Yeah, I'm not keeping my hopes up for New F on an A343. I am assuming I'll get old F even though the tool happens to show New F on July 20th. The very next day, the tool shows old F for Flight 464 Monday.
Old Jun 3, 2014, 12:10 pm

Programs: LH 1*SEN
Originally Posted by Tomcat2048
Okay, good to hear. Yeah, I'm not keeping my hopes up for New F on an A343. I am assuming I'll get old F even though the tool happens to show New F on July 20th. The very next day, the tool shows old F for Flight 464 Monday.
The tool is about 80% accurate. And actually, it makes no sense for LH to take new F seats out of their airplanes to install C seats, as long as they have the same plane type with old F... So keep your fingers crossed
Old Jun 3, 2014, 12:37 pm

Programs: LH SEN, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by flylocal
The tool is about 80% accurate. And actually, it makes no sense for LH to take new F seats out of their airplanes to install C seats, as long as they have the same plane type with old F... So keep your fingers crossed
Unfortunately LH often makes things which do not make sense. For example they've already coverted two 343, which had new F, to two class planes whilst there are still 3 class 343 with old F around ...
Old Jun 3, 2014, 12:52 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Boeing_747SP
Unfortunately LH often makes things which do not make sense. For example they've already coverted two 343, which had new F, to two class planes whilst there are still 3 class 343 with old F around ...
That things might not make sense to you doesn't necesarrily mean they don't.... I would be willing to bet that there are somewhat proffessional people at work here, who need to make choices based on more than a few superficial facts.
Old Jun 3, 2014, 12:57 pm

Originally Posted by RTW1
That things might not make sense to you doesn't necesarrily mean they don't.... I would be willing to bet that there are somewhat proffessional people at work here, who need to make choices based on more than a few superficial facts.
Sure, just a matter of the point of view. The common frequent flyer just sees a new F. LH sees maintenance cycles etc ...
Old Jun 3, 2014, 3:24 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...do-anyway.html

Speaking of LH F, if you haven't seen it, an interesting attempt to favorably compare DL F against LH F ;-)
Old Jun 3, 2014, 3:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by stephem
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...do-anyway.html
Speaking of LH F, if you haven't seen it, an interesting attempt to favorably compare DL F against LH F ;-)
Believe you meant DL J vs. LH F.
Good comic relief.
Old Jun 3, 2014, 5:28 pm

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, SQ PPS Solitaire
Originally Posted by RTW1
I would be willing to bet that there are somewhat proffessional people at work here, who need to make choices based on more than a few superficial facts.
You might be right in general but we are talking Lufthansa here. I can list quite a number of decisions that were not making sense at first, second and third sight...
Old Jun 4, 2014, 3:25 am

Originally Posted by SMK77
You might be right in general but we are talking Lufthansa here. I can list quite a number of decisions that were not making sense at first, second and third sight...
Oh yes ....
Old Jun 5, 2014, 5:03 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, Bonvoy Titanium
I'm using LH miles to book a return flight from Ankara, Turkey on 8/2 to the US (either BOS or NYC).

To route through FRA, and to have access to the FCT and fly a 744, I'd have to fly ESB -> MUC -> FRA -> BOS (LH 420).

Or, I could fly ESB -> MUC -> BOS on an A340-600 (LH 424).

I've never flown LH F, and given my work schedule, rarely get the opportunity to do so, so I'd really like to make the most of the experience. Is the double connection to route via FRA worth it to fly the 744 and have access to the FCT? Or should I pick the more convenient itinerary via MUC? Looks like I wouldn't be guaranteed new F on LH 424... as of now don't see any availability for flights to NYC.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.