Last edit by: NewbieRunner
Print Wikipost

New First class retrofit thread

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2014, 12:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by SFO777
Again... Why do you assume that SFO is important enough that it should get new F? When we lived in SFO, 458/459 were our "go to" flights. They were the easiest award flights and the F cabin rarely close to full.
Last year it was important enough to regularly receive new F, until recently that was the plan also on MUC-SFO route, so why do you think it has now become less important, in a short time ?
It's a very long flight, LH are shockingly slow in refitting aircraft, old F is not fit for purpose !
LH also, only advertise new F , in the UK false advertising is a no no, regulatory wise ^
Old May 30, 2014, 12:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by chris63
Last year it was important enough to regularly receive new F, until recently that was the plan also on MUC-SFO route, so why do you think it has now become less important, in a short time ?
Perhaps LH discovered that loads with new F weren't any better that with old F and decided that they could put the new F plane to better use elsewhere. I do agree that they need to pick up the pace on the retrofit.
Old May 30, 2014, 4:33 pm

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Originally Posted by chris63
LH also, only advertise new F , in the UK false advertising is a no no, regulatory wise ^
At least you get one true thing in LH advertising in the UK: A free limo ride to the airport which is already extended to LHR recently
Old May 31, 2014, 1:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by NA-Flyer
At least you get one true thing in LH advertising in the UK: A free limo ride to the airport which is already extended to LHR recently
Yes, a step in the right direction, however it is only 50% of what EK provide me on my F flights & I value the destination arrival service more
Old May 31, 2014, 12:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

R.I.P. for non-stop TATL First Class service to/from Denver.

Looks like an extra connection for us as LH says bye-bye to DEN First service on July 19th. Starting July 20th, everything forward is now 2 class 744. Looks like the same old relic(s) they are currently using for three class with the UD being sold as J from that day on.
Old May 31, 2014, 12:58 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond

Looks like an extra connection for us as LH says bye-bye to DEN First service on July 19th. Starting July 20th, everything forward is now 2 class 744. Looks like the same old relic(s) they are currently using for three class with the UD being sold as J from that day on.
That's not quite the case... yet. Between 20 July and 25 October, any revenue Business Class passenger between FRA and EWR/IAD/DTW/DEN/NRT/KIX/IKA may pay a supplement of €500 (or $700) one way to be seated in the First Class cabin with Business Class service.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufth...r-700-usd.html
Old May 31, 2014, 4:12 pm

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT

I wonder when LH will send their 744 with old F seating, are they going to sell the 16 seats with the upgrade promotion or they are just going to sell 8 seats?
Old Jun 1, 2014, 5:25 am

Shameful that LH is flying its decrepit old F product on HKG to MUC! I booked my mother on that route, only to discover it's been changed to old F.

Surprising given how the loads have looked on that route as of late.
Old Jun 1, 2014, 6:47 am

Programs: LH HON

And at least for now, F is supposed to be back for Winter schedule - i have a confirmed booking for thanksgiving in denver
Old Jun 1, 2014, 6:52 am

Originally Posted by tng11
Shameful that LH is flying its decrepit old F product on HKG to MUC! I booked my mother on that route, only to discover it's been changed to old F.

Surprising given how the loads have looked on that route as of late.
I hope your mother will survive in that so unacceptable seat...

Seriously, i agree that new F is nicer but still it's far from a medieval experience as pointed out by a couple of posters recently to fly old F!?
Old Jun 1, 2014, 7:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by daumueller
And at least for now, F is supposed to be back for Winter schedule - i have a confirmed booking for thanksgiving in denver
Thanks for the heads up. Between 10/28/14 and 3/28/15, EF indeed shows F returning. Hopefully, that's for real and not a case of LH just not getting around to zapping F for next Winter. Although looking to Spring/Summer 2015, starting 3/29/15, every DEN-FRA shows F but every day is F0. So perhaps LH has decided on seasonal F service? Better than no F I guess.
Old Jun 1, 2014, 12:14 pm

Thanks for the heads up. Between 10/28/14 and 3/28/15, EF indeed shows F returning. Hopefully, that's for real and not a case of LH just not getting around to zapping F for next Winter. Although looking to Spring/Summer 2015, starting 3/29/15, every DEN-FRA shows F but every day is F0. So perhaps LH has decided on seasonal F service? Better than no F I guess.
As long as my yearly end-November trip is safe, i'm happy
Old Jun 2, 2014, 7:24 am

Originally Posted by flylocal
FRA-LAX (both flights) and FRA-SFO ist newest F in A380 and B748 airplane. Only MUC-SFO is with oldest product. That makes no sense to me...
how about MUC-LAX? Seems old too...
Old Jun 2, 2014, 11:59 am

Programs: LH 1*SEN
Originally Posted by Big_Foot
how about MUC-LAX? Seems old too...
Yep... that's why I'm flying over FRA in summer. 2 flights per day with B-748 and newest F product. Old LH F is not that bad, but I had it a few times too much now...
Old Jun 2, 2014, 1:27 pm

Programs: LH SEN, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by flylocal
Yep... that's why I'm flying over FRA in summer. 2 flights per day with B-748 and newest F product. Old LH F is not that bad, but I had it a few times too much now...
Maybe the 748 is equipped with the "newest" F, unfortunatelly the "best" one will disappear soon. The retrofitted 744 F ...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.