Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Reindeer is wandering around again... [Club Ren 2011]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2011, 7:44 am

Originally Posted by Wombelero
I know that many Internet-games with prizes, if not all, are scams and emailadresse collection schemes.
While there are probably some internet games which are a scam, I wouldn't say many or all, for sure. I've won my fair share (some would say, more than that ) myself this year alone..
Old Dec 2, 2011, 7:47 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Circumknowitall
Originally Posted by jair101
is it weird that i turn my speakers on especially for this game?
Yes
I can't decide whether last year's or this year's jingle is worse. I must admit that last year I sometimes turned my speakers on and found myself quietly humming the tune but this year I had to turn the speakers off after the first few minutes!
Old Dec 2, 2011, 8:00 am

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
I can't decide whether last year's or this year's jingle is worse. I must admit that last year I sometimes turned my speakers on and found myself quietly humming the tune but this year I had to turn the speakers off after the first few minutes!
It's still better than the Oktoberfest music LH played
Old Dec 2, 2011, 8:02 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
I am not sure if I missed it, but did anyone win anything from last year?
Yes, our own Circumknowitall won a towel calendar.

And what about that 10year Miles&More games from a while ago? While such things are going on there is normally quite some buzz around it (which is the whole reason of such games of course), but then nothing comes out of it, very often not even the winners are announced. Are the prices even distributed or is this a sham? (I know that many Internet-games with prizes, if not all, are scams and emailadresse collection schemes.)
I don't know about the 10 year M&M games (before my time ) but I once won a return Y ticket for anywhere in Europe for two and my name and those of other winners appeared on LH's UK website for a while. Apart from my own name I don't know if other names were genuine.

And of course we all know who the winner of the Lady Bee naming competition was!
Old Dec 2, 2011, 8:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, LH SEN, EK ex-Gold, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by jms_uk
I think it was 24hrs on mine
I just paid some closer attention this afternoon. They poop after 24hrs and want to be fed after 25hrs.
Old Dec 2, 2011, 9:37 am

Programs: HON Circle; Marriott Rewards Gold; SPG Gold; HH Diamond; AZ CFP
Interesting, the night/day rotation of the enclosure depends on the computer's clock. But of course that doesn't change the feeding or pooping time.
Old Dec 2, 2011, 9:43 am

Programs: LH, BA, Hilton
I'm away on a Mileage Run this weekend until Monday afternoon and I'm worried that my Reindeer are going to be neglected.
Old Dec 2, 2011, 9:53 am

Programs: LH SEN
I'm away on a Mileage Run this weekend until Monday afternoon and I'm worried that my Reindeer are going to be neglected.
Is there no Android / Iphone APP for travelers on the move?

And on a more important note, no Reindeers for today?
W
Old Dec 2, 2011, 9:58 am

Programs: LH, BA, Hilton
Is there no Android / Iphone APP for travelers on the move?
W
Unfortunately I have a blackberry (AKA Corporate Leash) but I'll try my best when passing through various Lounges.
Old Dec 2, 2011, 9:58 am

Programs: HON Circle; Marriott Rewards Gold; SPG Gold; HH Diamond; AZ CFP
If I keep myself logged in, do I get notifications such as deer to search, squirrels, etc? Or I should log out and in to get them?
Old Dec 2, 2011, 10:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN + many more
Don't know about other's poop, but my reindeer is poopLESS! It doesn't poop at all (for the past few days). Perhaps it's been flying a lot and now they all constipated!

and... IMHO, the last year music was more addictive....
Old Dec 2, 2011, 10:03 am
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
How long before an enterprising armchair FTer starts a reindeersitting service?

Originally Posted by ale982
Interesting, the night/day rotation of the enclosure depends on the computer's clock.
Yes: changing my time zone let me see my enclosure lit up -- but it didn't take care of the "check up on your reindeer at night" requirement for the next level.
Old Dec 2, 2011, 10:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, LH SEN, EK ex-Gold, IHG Plat
It definitely switches to night mode even if you stay logged on. A couple of minutes later I received the night watch award - if that's the word, I'm looking at a German version right now.

In the excitement I went and fertilized the wrong tree.
Old Dec 2, 2011, 10:22 am

Why can't it be the 6th December yet, I want to spend my poop-enhanced food for stuff
Old Dec 2, 2011, 10:32 am
ixs

Programs: Many
For the ones having constipated reindeers. Do not worry, they are all fine. The manure is automatically collected and available for dispersal amongst the trees in the toolbox on the lower right. :-)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.