Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Connecting in Brussels [BRU]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2017, 12:10 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by dellfanboy
How long is the customs process in BRU? I've got a tight connection (2 hours) on 2 tickets.
From what I read, 2 hours is plenty of time. It should take around 30-45min to get through security, passport control, and customs. If your flight arrives late, then just talk to a security staff and they usually help get you through a little faster.
Old Mar 12, 2017, 1:54 am

Programs: LH FTL; A3*Gold
How long is the customs process in BRU? I've got a tight connection (2 hours) on 2 tickets.

It depends: where are you coming from and what is your destination?

Generally speaking it should be doable as long as you don't have checked luggage that you need to pick up and recheck. Waiting for checked luggage is a lottery. Also (sometimes) queues to go through passport control (especially if you have a non-EU passport) can be long (assuming you need to go through passport control).

The longest queue for security I have ever seen was 30 mins (during the pick Christmas travel season). Normally, it is 10 min if not less.
Old Mar 12, 2017, 1:52 pm

Programs: UA Gold, BA Silver, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
If you have EU passport it will be fast.
But regardless, 2 hours is more than enough ^
Old Mar 12, 2017, 6:30 pm

Originally Posted by Explorer789
From what I read, 2 hours is plenty of time. It should take around 30-45min to get through security, passport control, and customs. If your flight arrives late, then just talk to a security staff and they usually help get you through a little faster.
Thanks. I should have stated that I have checked bags and I'm flying 2 separate airlines. So I'll have to get out and recheck my bags. Still think I'll make it?
Old Mar 12, 2017, 6:31 pm

Originally Posted by AVSA
It depends: where are you coming from and what is your destination?

Generally speaking it should be doable as long as you don't have checked luggage that you need to pick up and recheck. Waiting for checked luggage is a lottery. Also (sometimes) queues to go through passport control (especially if you have a non-EU passport) can be long (assuming you need to go through passport control).

The longest queue for security I have ever seen was 30 mins (during the pick Christmas travel season). Normally, it is 10 min if not less.
Thanks. I'm coming in from PUJ (Dominican Republic) to BRU. Once at BRU I have a separate ticket to FLR. I should have stated that I have checked bags and I'm flying 2 separate airlines. So I'll have to get out and recheck my bags.
Thoughts on this situation?
Old Mar 12, 2017, 6:33 pm

Originally Posted by Mict
If you have EU passport it will be fast.
But regardless, 2 hours is more than enough ^
Thanks! I do not have an EU passport. I have an USA passport and realized since the tickets are on separate airlines that I'll have to leave and recheck bags. Thoughts on me making it?
Old Mar 12, 2017, 7:14 pm

It depends on what time your PUJ lands. If i'ts the one landing at 4am, you are fine for sure.
If it's the 7.10 am one, you should be ok.
If you have the 8.40am one, it would be cutting it close as that's the busy arrival time in BRU.
Old Mar 12, 2017, 8:08 pm

It depends on what time your PUJ lands. If i'ts the one landing at 4am, you are fine for sure.
If it's the 7.10 am one, you should be ok.
If you have the 8.40am one, it would be cutting it close as that's the busy arrival time in BRU.
Great news! Have you done this route? I'm on the 4:00p
PUJ -> BRU 7:20a

I didn't see one for 7:10AM
Old Mar 12, 2017, 8:44 pm

Great news! Have you done this route? I'm on the 4:00p
PUJ -> BRU 7:20a

I didn't see one for 7:10AM
Yea sorry I was off by 10 minutes.
I did not do that route but I frequently land in BRU between 7 and 9am.
Old Mar 12, 2017, 10:48 pm

Yea sorry I was off by 10 minutes.
I did not do that route but I frequently land in BRU between 7 and 9am.

Thanks! I think we might be able to just do carry-ons which should help.
Old Mar 12, 2017, 11:52 pm

Thanks! I think we might be able to just do carry-ons which should help.
American style carry-ons (I.e. Those with the kitchen sink) might not be allowed on the next flight. Just a heads up.
Old Mar 13, 2017, 12:21 am

Originally Posted by malmostoso
American style carry-ons (I.e. Those with the kitchen sink) might not be allowed on the next flight. Just a heads up.
Thanks for the heads up! I'll check the requirements for the flight leaving from BRU. However, the time saving of not having to collect our bags should help!
Old Mar 13, 2017, 2:11 pm

Programs: TK Elite ...and blue, lots of blue...
Thanks for the heads up! I'll check the requirements for the flight leaving from BRU. However, the time saving of not having to collect our bags should help!
Just present yourself at the gate with the carry-on. If deemed too big, they will gate-check it.
So no need to go land-side, agree that 2hrs should be enough.
Old Jun 10, 2017, 9:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Complimentary hotel on overnight connection

SN are giving me a room at the Brussels airport IBIS on a long-haul business-class connection.

Is this the normal accommodation they offer ?

I'm not precious, really don't mind staying at IBIS properties. But I note this hotel is an every-thirty-minutes shuttle bus away, while there's a Sheraton at the airport.
Old Jun 10, 2017, 9:01 pm

Programs: TK Elite ...and blue, lots of blue...
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
SN are giving me a room at the Brussels airport IBIS on a long-haul business-class connection.

Is this the normal accommodation they offer ?

I'm not precious, really don't mind staying at IBIS properties. But I note this hotel is an every-thirty-minutes shuttle bus away, while there's a Sheraton at the airport.
What connection is this? I think it's a perk, so they don't owe you anything.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.