Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Meilenschnäppchen / Mileage Bargains [discounted award promo]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2019, 6:07 am

Programs: M&M
I'm a M&M member from India. I have been for a long time now and even hold the local version of M&M credit card. I must say that in comparison to most other countries, Lufthansa is giving step motherly treatment to Indian M&M members. Specifically in matter of benefits of the credit card and Mileage Bargains. India is almost never listed as an option to book mileage bargain flights. The whole world is available except for departure from and Indian airport. When confronted M&M gave me a very lame excuse. How can they deprive members based on the country they reside in? The benefits should be partial and even across the board.
Old Apr 5, 2019, 6:37 am

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
Welcome to FT.

In fairness to LH Group, I think it is understandable that their offers center around their hubs (FRA, MUC, ZRH, VIE) and if you happen to live at the far end of one of the spokes of their network, you will only occasionally find an offer suitable for you.
Old Apr 5, 2019, 6:52 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Whenever DEL/BOM/BLR/MAA are available as mileage bargains from Europe, the level applies on the reverse too.
The Wolf and mmff like this.
Old Sep 3, 2019, 2:15 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

US on sale for NYE/Xmas vacays!

Originally Posted by Goliath
Da läuft was! Vor allem schön, dass LX/WK nun auch viele Langstreckenziele anbietet! ^

Reisedaten: 15.12.2019 - 31.01.2020 - nur Langstrecken in C aufgeführt:

LH SIN C 70k
LH ICN C 70k
LH ALA C 70k

LH MEX C 60k

LH ATL C 55k
LH BOS C 55k
LH LAX C 55k
LH JFK C 55k
LH EWR C 55k
LH SFO C 55k
LH IAD C 55k
LH SAN C 55k
LH PHL C 55k
LH DEN C 55k
LH CLT C 55k
LH AUS C 55k

LH TRH C 40k

LX PEK C 70k
LX(WK) SGN 70k

LX(WK) VRA 60k

LX JFK C 55k
LX BOS C 55k
LX EWR C 55k
LX LAX C 55k
LX ORD C 55k
LX SFO C 55k
LX YUL C 55k
LX(WK) SEZ C 55k

LX TLV C 40k
LX(WK) HRG C 40k
LX(WK) RAK C 40k

Die LX- und WK-Ziele sind offenbar nur ex-CH buchbar

Abweichene Reisedaten (und wie bisher nur ex-AT buchbar) bei OS - 02.09. - 31.10.2019:

OS PVG C 70k
HT: @goliath over at VFT
Old Sep 3, 2019, 3:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
LH to MEX, OS to PVG and WK to SGN are nice and a bit unexpected.
Old Sep 3, 2019, 3:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Really good list this time, reckon that lot will get booked out quickly. If the catering situation is still going on by then it will take a bit of the value out of it, but I hear long haul ops are not affected.
Old Sep 3, 2019, 7:21 am

LOT Offers ex PL:

Miami in Y for 30k (normal 60k)
TLV in Y for 20k (40) PE for 25k (50)
hugolover likes this.
Old Sep 4, 2019, 4:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Actually, for once some of the European routes are really useful for me. The whole longhaul offer looks really good!
But I noticed also that Mannheim railway station is on offer as a Mileage Bargain, along with Karlsruhe, Dortmund and the main city railway stations (e,g.Stuttgart). I presume, joking apart, this is intended to mean that you can book at connecting flight to a rail destination (e.g. QDU or QKL) as well as an airport destination. Not a bad idea.

I guess that offering Strasbourg means you can book the bus service as a connection rather than as a standalone "flight" (despite my jokes about it over in the Strasbourg bus thread), so you can tag it on to a flight from the USA or wherever.
hugolover likes this.
Old Sep 4, 2019, 6:18 am

Programs: A3*, HH, club carlson: all gold and bonvoy plat
Just noticed, with that meilenschnaeppchen, it is now possible to search for and book online an award flight on WK. I thought since LX went on amadeus and until now, I'd have to call to know the availability on WK .

Anyway, the offer looks nice, but not the availability for the sunny destinations! As usual
Old Sep 4, 2019, 7:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Does it actually work, though? I think Edelweiss is a valuable addition, although I presume it has to be booked with LX flight numbers.
For the Eurowings offers, I can't get anything to work.
Old Sep 4, 2019, 12:11 pm

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Artemio
Just noticed, with that meilenschnaeppchen, it is now possible to search for and book online an award flight on WK. I thought since LX went on amadeus and until now, I'd have to call to know the availability on WK .
That has already changed a couple of months ago (for WK in general, not just for Meilenschnäppchen).
Old Sep 4, 2019, 1:31 pm

Programs: A3*, HH, club carlson: all gold and bonvoy plat
Originally Posted by goliath
That has already changed a couple of months ago (for WK in general, not just for Meilenschnäppchen).
^ good to know
Old Oct 9, 2019, 5:29 am

Though I went through half of the posts I can not find an answer. I am trying to book a long distance business class bargain ticket with connecting flight within Europe. While long distance is in business every connecting flight offered is in economy, both ways, with many dates checked and also putting different euro airports. Is that a normal? It is supposed to be like this and therefore the cheaper award? In terms and conditions is nothing said about it. Any advice/experience?
Old Oct 9, 2019, 6:27 am

Not really normal... in fact I never saw mixed cabin awards on the M&M website before.
Old Oct 10, 2019, 4:26 pm

Originally Posted by travelalot2
Though I went through half of the posts I can not find an answer. I am trying to book a long distance business class bargain ticket with connecting flight within Europe. While long distance is in business every connecting flight offered is in economy, both ways, with many dates checked and also putting different euro airports. Is that a normal? It is supposed to be like this and therefore the cheaper award? In terms and conditions is nothing said about it. Any advice/experience?
What connecting flights are we talking about? Do they have a C cabin?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.