Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Meilenschnäppchen / Mileage Bargains [discounted award promo]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9, 2016, 5:30 pm

Originally Posted by Jasper2009
I'd assume it's browser-related
Thank you again, Jasper2009. As I said, I'm new to Miles and More.

My home airport is Seattle - but it doesn't appear on the page as a city from which to begin a bargain itinerary.
Is there any way to get the Seattle-Chicago/NY/etc. initial leg included as part of a bargain itinerary to Europe?
I assume this is not possible, but thought I would ask.
Old Oct 9, 2016, 6:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by muji
Thank you again, Jasper2009. As I said, I'm new to Miles and More.

My home airport is Seattle - but it doesn't appear on the page as a city from which to begin a bargain itinerary.
Is there any way to get the Seattle-Chicago/NY/etc. initial leg included as part of a bargain itinerary to Europe?
I assume this is not possible, but thought I would ask.
Unfortunately not. M&M Mileage Bargain apply to LH (Group) flights only.
Old Oct 10, 2016, 2:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Might be worth buying a cheap round trip Seattle-Chicago or wherever and starting the trip there. But leave enough time between flights for delays and things going wrong etc. On second thoughts, in winter that could be a bit risky!

You certainly can include a domestic leg in the US on United if you pay the normal miles price. But you have to phone the call center because you can only see LH Group availability online.
Old Oct 15, 2016, 6:52 am

Programs: A3 *G, LX *G, AF *S
Originally Posted by Jasper2009
I'd assume it's browser-related since I have no trouble seeing the various mileage offers (using Firefox here).
Strangely enough, I get the blank page on all browsers I use (Chrome, Firefox and even IE). So no more Meilenschnäppchen for me

It only shows "Miles & More", "Meilenschnäppchen" - and then nothing apart "Follow Miles & More" with buttons Facebook (doesn't work), Twitter and LinkedIn...

Last edited by Carpacchio; Oct 15, 2016 at 7:13 am
Old Oct 15, 2016, 5:29 pm

Programs: LX HON, BA Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by Carpacchio
Strangely enough, I get the blank page on all browsers I use (Chrome, Firefox and even IE). So no more Meilenschnäppchen for me

It only shows "Miles & More", "Meilenschnäppchen" - and then nothing apart "Follow Miles & More" with buttons Facebook (doesn't work), Twitter and LinkedIn...
Could be a flash / java issue?
No problem here via http://www.meilenschnaeppchen.de/index.php?lang=en
Old Oct 15, 2016, 10:32 pm
Suspended

Programs: Accor, IHG, LH, BAEC, DB
Originally Posted by The Wolf
Could be a flash / java issue?
Nope. I have no problem browsing the meilenschnaeppchen and I neither have Flash nor JRE installed.

OT - For security purposes, I'd recommend uninstalling both of these unless they are required for a specific use. These are legacy technologies, most websites nowadays are just fine using HTML5 and such.
Old Nov 10, 2016, 5:56 am

Programs: M&M FT (*S), Emirates Blue, HHon Diamond, Accor Platinum, Club Carlson Gold, IHG PC, SPG PG
Originally Posted by Carpacchio

Hi. Did you manage to resolve this? I have exactly the same issue running Firefox on macOS Sierra here.

Does anyone know of an alternative way to access the mileage bargains offering?
Old Nov 30, 2016, 1:00 am

Programs: SPG PLT 100+, TK ELITE+
Advice needed!

What is the best way to check availability for bargain fare when your M&M account has zero miles? If there are available seats I am going to transfer miles from my SPG account though I don't want to do so until I know for sure. LH website says you don't have enough miles...

Also how big is the chance that I could find 3 seats from EU to US?
Old Nov 30, 2016, 1:27 am

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
Originally Posted by hugovox
What is the best way to check availability for bargain fare when your M&M account has zero miles?
You can do a search on M&M being logged in, you don't need to have any miles.
Old Nov 30, 2016, 3:02 am

Well, I see availability (picture step1), but when I click "Continue" to check how many miles LH will charge me (55000 bargain or normal amount) I got message "Sorry, but you don't have enough miles on your account for the selected flight. (119230 - 2638)" - picture step2

What I am doing wrong?

How can I insure there 3 seat available for 55000 miles each?
Attached Images   
Old Nov 30, 2016, 3:17 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Well, I see availability (picture step1), but when I click "Continue" to check how many miles LH will charge me (55000 bargain or normal amount) I got message "Sorry, but you don't have enough miles on your account for the selected flight. (119230 - 2638)" - picture step2

What I am doing wrong?

As of now 3 award seats are available on the dates you picked for 55000 miles each - to a SEN at least.
XXX
Attached Images  
Old Nov 30, 2016, 3:32 am

Well, I see availability (picture step1), but when I click "Continue" to check how many miles LH will charge me (55000 bargain or normal amount) I got message "Sorry, but you don't have enough miles on your account for the selected flight. (119230 - 2638)"

What I am doing wrong?

As per Newbierunner's printscreen, you can already see that in the previous step. In the next step, the flights with underlying light blue color are the ones for 55k miles. Here's another printscreen from an account with no status and not enough miles:

Attached Images  
Old Nov 30, 2016, 3:35 am

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
As of now 3 award seats are available on the dates you picked for 55000 miles each - to a SEN at least.
There never is a difference in online availability on M&M.com for Blue/FTL/SEN/HON.
Old Nov 30, 2016, 5:51 am

Originally Posted by goliath
As per Newbierunner's printscreen, you can already see that in the previous step. In the next step, the flights with underlying light blue color are the ones for 55k miles. Here's another printscreen from an account with no status and not enough miles:
Thank you all but looks like I have completely different interface under "book award flight" link....
Attached Images  
Old Nov 30, 2016, 5:53 am

Thank you all but looks like I have completely different interface under "book award flight" link....
What browser are you using? Try Internet Explorer or Chrome.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.