Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Meilenschnäppchen / Mileage Bargains [discounted award promo]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2015, 3:11 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002
The first offer(s) for November have appeared.
Hi Oliver, I'm only seeing the October ones.... any place special to see the November deals?

P.S. I do see STR-ZRH for 10,000.
Old Oct 29, 2015, 4:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Now, I am hoping that Eurowings is going to put out a system wide promotion to celebrate their renewed existence, a bit like germanwings did a couple of summers ago. And I hope they have sensible taxes, like germanwings did. However, I fear they will be point to point awards with no connections possible, like germanwings was.

EDIT I can't find any new ones, just those that are bookable until 31st October (with the exception of LX and LO).

Last edited by Concerto; Oct 29, 2015 at 5:35 am Reason: extra info
Old Oct 30, 2015, 12:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The offers appear to be up there now. The travel period for LH flights is 1st January to 15 February. Usual range of European destinations and a few decent longhaul ones, including Montreal and Singapore. Longhaul business class seems a bit thin on the ground, though:

http://meilenschnaeppchen.de/index.php?lang=en

Looks like the offers that were bookable until end of October have disappeared, which is scary if you were planning a last minute redemption. Nothing from Eurowings.
Old Dec 31, 2015, 1:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It seems like the new offers are loaded up now (and have been for a couple of days). There's nothing to scream from the rooftops about. But it does seem that if you are based in or near Austria, Belgium or Switzerland and can fly from one of the hubs there, you get a fair smattering of destinations for 10,000 miles RT with minimum booking restrictions, which makes an impromptu trip much easier. With the LH offers you still have to book a couple of months out, which is fair enough for longhaul but daft for European flights.
Old Feb 1, 2016, 6:38 am

Programs: Miles n More Senator ,Marriots Platinum, Hhonors Diamond, Miles n Smile elites,ITA Volare Premium
For last few months I find mileage bargains from DEL to europe & return does not show 55000 miles business class deals. ? Any Particular reason. Now days we find only economy class to europe & that too at 30000 miles + taxes & surcharge.
I feel there is no point in maintaing Lufthansa miles & its credit card.
Old Feb 1, 2016, 10:29 am

Already for some time Meilenschnäppchen have no upgrade bargains and very-very limited number of (non-European) business class deals. It must be a company policy ...

Originally Posted by raji
For last few months I find mileage bargains from DEL to europe & return does not show 55000 miles business class deals. ? Any Particular reason. Now days we find only economy class to europe & that too at 30000 miles + taxes & surcharge.
I feel there is no point in maintaing Lufthansa miles & its credit card.
Old Feb 27, 2016, 6:52 pm

How to buy the 55k mile round trip discount mile rewards?

I am just starting to look at ways to use my miles & more points, and the idea of using 55k miles for a round trip Lufthansa business class trip during select time periods doesn't seem like a bad idea.

How do I book these?

How do I see the availability?
Old Feb 27, 2016, 8:21 pm

M&M.com is the only way.
Old Feb 28, 2016, 12:30 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
If you are asking where to find Mileage Bargains fares.

http://www.meilenschnaeppchen.de/index.php?lang=en

You'll have to check availability in the usual way.
Old Feb 28, 2016, 9:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Interesting, they have the new San Jose route up there. Suddenly, all the airlines want to fly to San Jose. British Airways has been trumpeting about it for some time now.

There's quite a few SWISS European destinations for 10k miles (I can highly recommend Bilbao) as well as the GVA-ZRH shuttle, which I've never seen as a mileage bargain before. From Germany, Tbilisi and Casablanca seem like interesting options for only 10,000 miles (double that if you really think it's worth spending good miles on European business class).
Old Feb 28, 2016, 2:50 pm

How do you actually find these? I put in the dates on the miles and more award search tool for Washington Dulles to Paris, and it doesn't seem to find anything.

Do you have to call?
Old Feb 28, 2016, 2:52 pm

Book: 01.03.2016 - 31.03.2016

Travel: 01.07.2016 - 15.08.2016
Seems like you need to wait until Tuesday to book those.
Old Feb 29, 2016, 2:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You have to look at the Miles & More homepage and somewhere you will find a link to the Mileage Bargains page. The mileage bargains are bookable through the normal award booking page of course, but you need to know what destinations are on offer.
Old Mar 24, 2016, 5:01 pm

I just stumbled across the following and don't think it has been posted anywhere: There's a Miles&More mileage bargain from Seattle to Baku for 55.000 Miles. Even though it is unlikely that it's useful, I thought I'd mention it because it is great value!
Old Mar 25, 2016, 3:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

That must be in business class. There might be more weird connections popping up than you think if you just match the city pairs up. On the other hand, booking open jaws on longhaul mileage bargains no longer seems to be possible, unless someone's found a way to do it.

But, looking at it, Seattle isn't even a mileage bargain this month. So I'm guessing you're looking at a one way in business class there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.