Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Meilenschnäppchen / Mileage Bargains [discounted award promo]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2014, 11:38 pm

Originally Posted by ulus
Don't know why, but it shows regular amount of miles needed for this journey. Just call them and ask if it's possible to do that for 55 pp
For me the issue is moot, as it turns out I can't travel in August anyway.
However it would be nice to clarify whether this is in fact possible or not.
I'll write in the LH Lurker thread and see if they can give an answer.

Thanks for checking!
Old Apr 2, 2014, 11:49 pm

Programs: Miles n More Senator ,Marriots Platinum, Hhonors Diamond, Miles n Smile elites,ITA Volare Premium
Talking

Originally Posted by malmostoso
This open jaw thing is escaping me. Let's see if someone can help.
I'd like to book for 2 people in C, 55k miles per person. I have almost 200k in my account.

I am looking at booking BRU-ORD / YUL- BRU. Both Chicago and Montreal are mileage bargains for August.
I checked BRU-ORD-BRU for August 5th and August 19th, and found a mileage bargain flight BRU-ORD LH1011/LH432 (through FRA on a 747).
I checked BRU-YUL-BRU for the same dates, and found a mileage bargain flight YUL-BRU LH475/LH2286 (through MUC on a A343).

But when I try to combine the two with the same flight numbers and on the same dates, I am told that I don't have enough miles (which is of course correct for a full price award, which is 110k per person).

Should I just wait a couple of days, or is there anyone I can ask?
Or maybe the open jaw thing does not actually work (anymore)?

Thank you all!
I checked open jaw mileage bargain for routing i intended to take ; DEL-FCO, PRG-DEL & it is showing mileage bargain deal for month of August.( 55000 miles + taxes/surcharges).
May be you can wait for 2-3 days
Old Apr 8, 2014, 8:42 am

So I asked M&M directly, and this is their answer:
Our mileage bargains can only be booked within the specified booking as well as travel period and the routes on the outbound and the inbound have to be the same. As your desired routing does not fulfill one of the conditions the miles for a regular award apply.
So either it is an "undocumented" feature, or open-jaw bookings are just a glitch in the system.
Old Apr 8, 2014, 3:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Well, they are certainly impossible on the Germanwings website. I would like to do GVA-DUS and DUS-MXP. No way to do it, and Germanwings mileage bargains have to be booked through their portal.

In the past, I have booked loads of mileage bargains with open jaws, even a double open jaw on one occasion. I really thought that it was one of the plus points of M&M (given that you can't book bargains as one ways). But I am not a heavy user of mileage bargains outside of Europe, tending to book the full price miles (outside of Europe) on a mixture of carriers and make more interesting tickets. And then, they seemed to start making rules up as we went along (Kafka would have loved it), making routings impossible due to married segment nonsense, weird open jaw rules and so on. But that is another story.

I really hope they haven't enhanced booking mileage bargains as open jaws away. Really, we could start a thread on what is still left to enhance away, but the thread might only last for 2 posts, and it may put further glorious ideas in their heads. Why don't they just cancel the programme? There's not much value left in it.

Last edited by Concerto; Apr 8, 2014 at 3:45 pm Reason: grammar
Old Apr 9, 2014, 3:10 am

Programs: LH
LAX and SFO has been removed from the offer. It seems there really was not availability after all. I was quite surprised that they have even listed them as this are very busy routes, especially in summer months.
DFW for April travel has been removed as well.
Instead newly added is CLT for August.
Old Apr 24, 2014, 11:16 am

Originally Posted by Concerto
Well, they are certainly impossible on the Germanwings website. I would like to do GVA-DUS and DUS-MXP. No way to do it, and Germanwings mileage bargains have to be booked through their portal.

In the past, I have booked loads of mileage bargains with open jaws, even a double open jaw on one occasion. I really thought that it was one of the plus points of M&M (given that you can't book bargains as one ways). But I am not a heavy user of mileage bargains outside of Europe, tending to book the full price miles (outside of Europe) on a mixture of carriers and make more interesting tickets. And then, they seemed to start making rules up as we went along (Kafka would have loved it), making routings impossible due to married segment nonsense, weird open jaw rules and so on. But that is another story.

I really hope they haven't enhanced booking mileage bargains as open jaws away. Really, we could start a thread on what is still left to enhance away, but the thread might only last for 2 posts, and it may put further glorious ideas in their heads. Why don't they just cancel the programme? There's not much value left in it.
What is the status on this? Did anyone call and get a straight answer from LH?

I've just tried to book an open jaw award in C and I was asked for the full amount (105k miles), although I confirmed there was mileage-bargain-availability on both flights before trying to combine them.
Old Apr 24, 2014, 11:26 am

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
Originally Posted by mmff
What is the status on this? Did anyone call and get a straight answer from LH?

I've just tried to book an open jaw award in C and I was asked for the full amount (105k miles), although I confirmed there was mileage-bargain-availability on both flights before trying to combine them.
Somebody asked the LH lurker about that three weeks ago, but they were only referred to "technical support":

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufth...l#post22640799
Old Apr 24, 2014, 1:44 pm

Originally Posted by goliath
Somebody asked the LH lurker about that three weeks ago, but they were only referred to "technical support":
LH's answer is in post 243
Old Apr 24, 2014, 5:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

As I said, I have booked many mileage bargains, as well as FlySmart awards, in Europe with both single and double open-jaws. I really hope that feature hasn't been spirited away to the nether regions of fading memory, along with frankly everything else.
Old Apr 26, 2014, 11:47 am

Programs: FlyingBlue, Bonus Aeroflot, China Destiny Miles, MilleMiglia
Need only 133 Miles M&M

I'd like to book the WAW-PEK with LOT for 40000 Miles (tax 120 Eur), but I'm only 39867..Any suggestions to get just 150 Miles?
I don't want to buy the Miles directly, I have enough of the taxes with Lufthansa, it's getting unfair for me.
I'm living in Germany, but I need to purchase the ticket in one week.

Any Promo? Cheap Car Rentals? Rewe?

Last edited by Alex100i; Apr 26, 2014 at 12:04 pm Reason: grammar
Old Apr 26, 2014, 12:14 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

yeah...it's a whopping 35 for 1000 miles we are talking about here, quite the deal breaker. Plenty of ways to earn some miles, but they either cost a few bucks as well or they won't post in a week.

Just set your principals aside and buy the miles now there is award availability.
Old Apr 26, 2014, 1:00 pm

Originally Posted by Alex100i
I'd like to book the WAW-PEK with LOT for 40000 Miles (tax 120 Eur), but I'm only 39867..Any suggestions to get just 150 Miles?
I don't want to buy the Miles directly, I have enough of the taxes with Lufthansa, it's getting unfair for me.
I'm living in Germany, but I need to purchase the ticket in one week.

Any Promo? Cheap Car Rentals? Rewe?
Transfer from payback?
Old Apr 26, 2014, 3:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Or from one of the hotel programmes? Can't one transfer Melia Rewards to M&M? I know you can with Air Berlin, did it last year. I think you can choose a minimal amount, although the rate isn't brilliant (I think Air Berlin has the best rate, Iberia the worst).
Old Apr 30, 2014, 2:24 am

Programs: LH Silver, Sixt Hertz Gold, SPG Gold, Carlsoon Gold
Originally Posted by shady
LAX and SFO has been removed from the offer. It seems there really was not availability after all. I was quite surprised that they have even listed them as this are very busy routes, especially in summer months.
DFW for April travel has been removed as well.
Instead newly added is CLT for August.
New offer for May has been published. Only one US city - IAD ! Bad news
Old Apr 30, 2014, 2:56 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
The new destinations usually come in batches... but it is curious to see no US detinations yet:

Originally Posted by maxbluebrosche@VFT
Business Class

Buchen/Reisen:
01.05.2014 - 31.05.2014

Kuala Lumpur Int.

Abu Dhabi
Accra
Addis Abeba
Amman
Bahrain
Beirut
Dammam
Doha
Dschidda - Int.
Dubai
Kairo
Kuwait
Muscat
Riad - King Khaled Int.
Teheran

Antalya
Bastia
Bergen
Billund
Breslau / Wroclaw
Faro
Göteborg - Landvetter
Ibiza
Katowice / Kattowitz
Krakow / Krakau
Lamezia Terme
Malta
Marseille
Nizza
Olbia
Oslo
Paris - Ch. De Gaulle
Palma De Mallorca
Posen
Rzeszów
Stavanger
Stockholm - Arlanda
Tbilisi
Warschau

Buchen: 01.05.2014 - 31.05.2014
Reisen: 01.05.2014 - 30.06.2014

Tokio - Haneda

Buchen: 01.05.2014 - 31.05.2014
Reisen: 01.09.2014 - 30.09.2014

Washington - Dulles

Dubai
Muscat

Breslau / Wroclaw
Danzig
Göteborg - Landvetter
Katowice / Kattowitz
Krakow / Krakau
Lamezia Terme
Malta
Oslo
Palma De Mallorca
Posen
Rotterdam
Rzeszów
Stavanger
Stockholm - Arlanda
Tallinn
Tbilisi
Vilnius
Warschau

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.