Wiki Posts
Search

Lufthansa Lounges at JFK

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2024, 6:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by CBS
The beverage selection on board is much better anyway!
I fail to see how this is relevant here. It'll also depend which class of service you are flying I'd say. In any case, that's just not acceptable - hope LH will look for a solution asap.
Old May 16, 2024, 1:52 pm

Programs: too many
Originally Posted by LHSEN
Was also told Gate Gourmet whos the catering did not renew the license in time, this was the case at JFK since May 1. Im wondering if this is LH lounge specific or all lounges using Gate Gourmet.
Appears to just be JFK. From the 'Lounge News' section on lufthansa.com

Old May 18, 2024, 7:37 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by ty97
Appears to just be JFK. From the 'Lounge News' section on lufthansa.com

Cant even toddle over to TK either, as thats still dry (or at least was when I was there in February - certainly explained why it was empty).
Old May 18, 2024, 2:14 pm

Programs: NZ Elite
Originally Posted by BA850
Cant even toddle over to TK either, as thats still dry (or at least was when I was there in February - certainly explained why it was empty).
We did the same and TK lounge was also dry
BA850 likes this.
Old May 24, 2024, 5:33 pm

JFK Lounges no alcohol licence

Just FYI. Somebody forgot to renew liquor licence

The Firs class dinning level has some alcohol-free wines on display, including a sparkling from California. Overly too sweet.

Actually, personally it does not bother me.

interestingly the lounge is empty

. which was is the speakeasy ?
-
Old May 25, 2024, 6:45 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by LukasNied
Just FYI. Somebody forgot to renew liquor licence

The Firs class dinning level has some alcohol-free wines on display, including a sparkling from California. Overly too sweet.

Actually, personally it does not bother me.

interestingly the lounge is empty

. which was is the speakeasy ?
-
Has been like that for a while now.

(theres even a note on LHs website)

And the TK lounge down the hall also didnt have alcohol last time I was there.
Old May 25, 2024, 6:47 am

Programs: LH HON
Yes, gate gourmet, who provides the service, has forgotten to renew the licence. Their legal department is negotiating with the authorities, if they still can prolong the licence or they need to apply for a completely new own. A new one can be a lengthy process of up to two years. Not LHs fault, but big trouble for LH group in JFK.
Old May 25, 2024, 6:50 am

Originally Posted by shipsmail
Yes, gate gourmet, who provides the service, has forgotten to renew the licence. Their legal department is negotiating with the authorities, if they still can prolong the licence or they need to apply for a completely new own. A new one can be a lengthy process of up to two years. Not LHs fault, but big trouble for LH group in JFK.
Like it took forever to get a license for the BOS lounge after the pandemic. But Gate Gourmet should know.
BA850 likes this.
Old May 25, 2024, 9:43 am

Up to two years for a new licence? In the UK a Premises Licence can be issued in as few as 28 days (this acts as a consultation period during which representations/objections can be made). If there are objections, the process can of course last longer, but thats more the exception than the rule.

Perhaps when they do sort the issue, theyll have saved enough money to splash the cash on something better than the California Champagne I saw there in February
chris63 and worldclubber like this.
Old May 25, 2024, 11:48 am

Programs: LH HON
Up to two years for a new licence? In the UK a Premises Licence can be issued in as few as 28 days (this acts as a consultation period during which representations/objections can be made). If there are objections, the process can of course last longer, but thats more the exception than the rule.

Perhaps when they do sort the issue, theyll have saved enough money to splash the cash on something better than the California Champagne I saw there in February
Well, they serve alcohol free wine and a sparkling in the First Class ding section. At least taste wise it has not much to do with wine. Undrinkable. LH will save a lot of money. Couldnt they issue vouchers for their so called best customers?
chris63, worldclubber and BA850 like this.
Old May 25, 2024, 11:51 am

Brings back memories of the Lufthansa lounge at Dulles which also had a liqor license issue a decade ago or so, one would think the operators had some kind of SOP to handle these things.
chris63, worldclubber and BA850 like this.
Old May 25, 2024, 4:56 pm

Alongside cheap wine and Californian champagne they pretty much consistently had some decent wine and spirits there before the license issues, and V. C. for bubbles. Booze was at least on par with the FCT.
BA850 likes this.
Old May 26, 2024, 6:49 am

Interesting situation.

In the UK, airside outlets (shops, restaurants, lounges...) are outside the scope of the alcohol licensing regime, so no licence is required and trading hours are unrestricted.
chris63 and BA850 like this.
Old May 26, 2024, 6:55 am

Originally Posted by kkong42
Interesting situation.

In the UK, airside outlets (shops, restaurants, lounges...) are outside the scope of the alcohol licensing regime, so no licence is required and trading hours are unrestricted.
Interesting - wasnt aware of that, but means even less hassle than the 28 days I described above.

It would be a no-brainer to have a similar arrangement in the US - if only they didnt treat alcohol like a forbidden fruit.
chris63, the810 and worldclubber like this.
Old May 27, 2024, 1:52 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
TK is still waiting for their licence
worldclubber likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.