Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Miles and More Forum Biergarten Thread — Everybody is Welcome

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2019, 7:56 am

Originally Posted by chris63

& hopefully a local beer, not imported
Indeed, Sarajevsko Pivo is a local brand and a decent lager on the whole (if you compare it with the ghastly stuff they normally serve at the Aspire lounges it’s definitely a winner!).

G
chris63 and worldclubber like this.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 7:59 am

You should head for the Non-Schengen SEN in den Annex where they've Spaten

I find it quite funny how LH distributes different beers in their various MUC lounges. So much better than what FRA offers (or most other LH lounges, actually)

Becks on the ground and Warsteiner in the air is as bad as it can get.

Even LX got the memo and offers now better beers on the ground (Even though they're still brewed by Feldschlösschen..)
Old Mar 5, 2019, 8:09 am

chris63: I forgot to add, the sandwiches were made today and they tasted really good ^

YuropFlyer: thanks for the live assistance there! I’m in the non-Schengen lounge, having made my way from the satellite. I didn’t know about the annex, where is it? And Spaten is indeed a nice beer, I normally get it from Ocado when in the UK!

G
chris63 and worldclubber like this.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 4:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by AlicorporateUK
chris63: I forgot to add, the sandwiches were made today and they tasted really good ^
Fresh sandwiches, decent local beer, it’s clean & lots of space, what more does one need....

Seems a bit like DBV, with Ozujsko Pivo, some small but fresh food options, clean, lots of space & a nice view of the runway.

Star attraction these last Months is a sensational Posip White wine from the Peljesac ^
YuropFlyer and AlicorporateUK like this.
Old Mar 15, 2019, 3:23 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Frankfurt International Airport has been ranked the world’s healthiest airport.

Research from Netflights looked at 25 of the world’s busiest airports to see which are doing the most to improve the health and happiness of passengers.

With an open-air roof terrace, dedicated silent chairs and a quiet room, Frankfurt International Airport came top.

The airport, which is a major transport hub, also has individual yoga and prayer rooms, plus a spa offering a range of treatments.
Well, we’ve known it all along but not for the reasons mentioned in this article.

https://www.independent.co.uk/travel...-a8823001.html
Old Mar 15, 2019, 3:38 pm

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
Well, we’ve known it all along but not for the reasons mentioned in this article.

https://www.independent.co.uk/travel...-a8823001.html
Indeed. And imagine the disappointment if you book a connection through Frankfurt just to experience the spa - at least all the walking will be a healthy compensation!
chris63 likes this.
Old Mar 15, 2019, 4:29 pm

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
FRA healthiest airport? The wait at transfer security raises my blood pressure to dangerous levels.
chris63 likes this.
Old Mar 15, 2019, 9:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I presume A to C gates is FRA’s running track .....

Astonishing they win anything....
Old Mar 16, 2019, 3:46 am

I presume A to C gates is FRA’s running track
Spot-on and I entirely agree with the award, on the basis that any connection at FRA represents a decent running session, I’m not having a giraffe when I say that back in my commuting days (mostly 45 minutes’ connections between Birmingham/Gdańsk flights and viceversa) I must have shaved a good minute off my 10k’s personal best.

G
Old Mar 16, 2019, 9:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by AlicorporateUK
Spot-on and I entirely agree with the award, on the basis that any connection at FRA represents a decent running session, I’m not having a giraffe when I say that back in my commuting days (mostly 45 minutes’ connections between Birmingham/Gdańsk flights and viceversa) I must have shaved a good minute off my 10k’s personal best.

G
It’s so comforting to know that when FRAPORT designed the layout, they were only doing this in the best interests of our health
Old Mar 16, 2019, 11:53 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
It’s so comforting to know that when FRAPORT designed the layout, they were only doing this in the best interests of our health
It was part of the 10.000 steps a day program ...
chris63 and AlicorporateUK like this.
Old Mar 16, 2019, 8:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by worldclubber
It was part of the 10.000 steps a day program ...
Except they added more for good measure
Old Mar 19, 2019, 2:08 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Another Skytrax award - this time for airline cabin cleanliness. The top 6 are all Asian airlines. LX is the cleanest European airline at number 8, and LH is number 10, while OS is number 13.

https://www.worldairlineawards.com/w...anliness-2018/
Old Mar 20, 2019, 10:26 am

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Another Skytrax award - this time for airline cabin cleanliness. The top 6 are all Asian airlines. LX is the cleanest European airline at number 8, and LH is number 10, while OS is number 13.

https://www.worldairlineawards.com/w...anliness-2018/
I think this news came out quite a while ago but OS got #1 for J catering (LH was #9 ). Only 3 EU airlines in top 20 for cabin crew (OS, KL, LH), none in the top 10. A3 = best regional EU airline, as always.
Old Mar 20, 2019, 12:29 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
For those interested in blankets: Lufthansa is selling the previous version of the business class blanket for 9.99€ in their employee store Ringeltaube. The pillow cover is available for 2.99. just incase you were wondering what these blankets are worth.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.