Wiki Posts
Search

The Miles and More Forum Biergarten Thread — Everybody is Welcome

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2019, 7:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by The Wolf
Missed you by an hour or so, flying BRU-TRN shortly on the Sukhoi replacement Mare Nostrum CRJ.
No, it was at MAN T1 this morning, couldn’t you tell from the glorious blue skies

I had just survived a visit to ‘Aspire lounge’ waited until I got onboard my flight to MUC to use the restroom

Safe trip to TRN !
The Wolf and worldclubber like this.
Old Feb 26, 2019, 1:07 pm

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by chris63
I had just survived a visit to ‘Aspire lounge’ waited until I got onboard my flight to MUC to use the restroom
Lol.

MAN is just the worst. Or among the worst, at least. And the toilet situation at the Aspire lounge is simply unacceptable.

Even the high chairs along the window are uncomfortable...
Old Feb 26, 2019, 1:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by worldclubber

Lol.

MAN is just the worst. Or among the worst, at least. And the toilet situation at the Aspire lounge is simply unacceptable.

Even the high chairs along the window are uncomfortable...
Yep, it’s not improved any since your visit & at 09.30 no newspapers, staff informed me they had all been ‘stolen’ by the EZY & Jet2 crowd...... I said it used to be a business lounge...... they failed to get the point
Old Feb 26, 2019, 2:41 pm

Yep, it’s not improved any since your visit & at 09.30 no newspapers, staff informed me they had all been ‘stolen’ by the EZY & Jet2 crowd...... I said it used to be a business lounge...... they failed to get the point
It’s still a “business” lounge. They are in the “business” of trying to make money, i.e. spending less per guest than they get paid.

Still unacceptable in so many ways.
Old Feb 27, 2019, 4:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by worldclubber

It’s still a “business” lounge. They are in the “business” of trying to make money, i.e. spending less per guest than they get paid.

Still unacceptable in so many ways.
Must be making a fortune then
worldclubber likes this.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 3:44 am

I’m not sure whether this is going to make those having to put up with Aspire lounges here & there feeling any better but...

Usual food choice at Sarajevo:

At least it tends to be quiet, which is always a plus (there’s only one other passenger here in the lounge at the moment...).

G
chris63 and worldclubber like this.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 4:12 am

Originally Posted by AlicorporateUK
<...>

At least it tends to be quiet, which is always a plus (there’s only one other passenger here in the lounge at the moment...).

G
Judging from your pictures there appears to be little reason to go there - no wonder you are practically alone ;-)!
Old Mar 5, 2019, 4:21 am

Originally Posted by sw1x
Judging from your pictures there appears to be little reason to go there - no wonder you are practically alone ;-)!
Here’s proof I’m guessing there may have been a few passengers before the Doha service but I’m usually here either at this time (Lufthansa to Munich) or before the Air Serbia/Croatia flights later in the afternoon and again, it is very quiet generally speaking (it can get busy over the summer months, though).

G

Old Mar 5, 2019, 6:17 am

I’m not sure whether this is going to make those having to put up with Aspire lounges here & there feeling any better but...
Thank you for letting us know, although other people’s pain does not give me any pleasure.
AlicorporateUK likes this.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 7:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Here’s proof I’m guessing there may have been a few passengers before the Doha service but I’m usually here either at this time (Lufthansa to Munich) or before the Air Serbia/Croatia flights later in the afternoon and again, it is very quiet generally speaking (it can get busy over the summer months, though).

G

Thanks for sharing, it looks clean & spacious, maybe even the restrooms are clean ?
worldclubber likes this.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 7:38 am

What about the drink choices?

Some good beers might make what LH offers as "near-beer" (in the air - Warsteiner) a bit more palatable
chris63 and worldclubber like this.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 7:42 am

Thanks for sharing, it looks clean & spacious, maybe even the restrooms are clean ?
No complaints whatsoever on that front, even though the toilets are outside and they often stink of cigarette’s smoke (don’t get me wrong, they are extremely clean but, as you probably already know, people are used to smoke everywhere in the Balkans and for many it is probably too much of a challenge to walk 10 seconds just after clearing passports and head over to the smoking ‘lounge’...).

G
worldclubber likes this.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 7:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

No complaints whatsoever on that front, even though the toilets are outside and they often stink of cigarette’s smoke (don’t get me wrong, they are extremely clean but, as you probably already know, people are used to smoke everywhere in the Balkans and for many it is probably too much of a challenge to walk 10 seconds just after clearing passports and head over to the smoking ‘lounge’...).

G
Sounds quite ok then, in which case it wouldn’t qualify for an ‘Aspire’ lounge & never get onto the horrible lounge hopping exercise promoted in this very thread.....

Were those fresh sandwiches in the earlier photo ?

Excuse me me if I’m seeming envious
Old Mar 5, 2019, 7:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by YuropFlyer

Some good beers might make what LH offers as "near-beer" (in the air - Warsteiner) a bit more palatable
& hopefully a local beer, not imported
YuropFlyer and AlicorporateUK like this.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 7:52 am

Originally Posted by YuropFlyer

Ha! Reading this as I settle down with my Franziskaner here at the Senator lounge in Munich Drink choices at SJJ: local beer (not bad I must admit) plus a somewhat wide range of fruit juices! Tiny wine bottles also on offer. I’m not sure whether that will make Warsteiner taste any better to be perfectly honest with you YuropFlyer!

G
YuropFlyer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.