Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Miles and More Forum Biergarten Thread — Everybody is Welcome

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2019, 3:55 pm

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by AlicorporateUK
I felt sorry for these lads as it was boiling hot. We ended up having to wait for quite a while but, as usual, safety first
Kudos to these guys and also the airline that places safety first.

Today was the hottest day ever recorded in Germany and working outside as certainly not a pleasure.
chris63 and AlicorporateUK like this.
Old Jul 28, 2019, 1:01 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus
LH M&M Program
Planning a bucket list trip for Spring 2021, and it looks like my best option for a F trip on the return (balancing total flight duration with airline options) is LH's PEK-FRA-ORD for a PEK-xxx-xxx-ORD return in F (limiting my choices to 2 stops at most). However my miles are concentrated in UA MP and Chase SR, and Chase does not partner with LH. Any recommendations for best partners for accumulating M&M points. Or does anyone have any ideas for executing a multi-airline transfer that would eventually give me M&M points... I currently have approximately 400K in both UA and Chase SR.... I expect to also have up to the same in AMEX by early 2020... which is my cutoff in order to lock in my desired flights for the 2021 trip. My trip is outbound ORD -- xxx's-DPS and PEK--xxx's-ORD return.
Old Jul 28, 2019, 4:51 pm

Programs: LH HON, AF Platinum
Good luck? I suppose Barclays M&M is the only US credit card that accumulates M&M points. Only one person dollar spent and two per LH dollar.

The SPG used to be good value, but was devalued by 33.33% with the Marriott acquisition. And now transfers between Bonvoy and M&M are frozen altogether.

Your other points are almost useless because you'll be having to book your F tickets 14 days before departure, as that's when LH opens up F awards to non-M&M frequent fliers. LX is a non-starter.
Old Jul 29, 2019, 1:04 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
M&M is not as generous as the US programmes and considers US-Europe-(S./N./E.) Asia to be an expensive 3 region award. Also note that UA has closed the routing loop hole for such awards. Also M&M charges atrocious surcharges for awards ex US. You are probably better off porting the Amex miles to SQ KF and booking something more direct.
Old Aug 4, 2019, 1:03 pm

The CEO of Swiss mentioned that LUG-ZRH could be cut if the railway connection between Ticino and Zürich will reliably be under two hours.

As I've written elsewhere, give me a check-in desk at the station and I'm happy.

Does anyone know how does it work in BSL? Can you check in at the station?
Old Aug 4, 2019, 3:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
I have always thought that Lugano flight would be up for the chop sometime soon now that new basis tunnel is open. However, trains apparently are going to be driving slower through the Gotthard basis tunnel because the higher speeds cause more maintenance issues.
Old Aug 5, 2019, 1:58 am

LUG is a vanity project which makes no sense for commercial aviation. If such an airport was in Italy we'd be snickering at yet another public money sinkhole.

It should refocus on general aviation and tourist flights, and forget about scheduled flights.

It could never host an A320/B737, it's a difficult airport for takeoff and landing, it's prone to weather delays and cancellations, and on top of everything it's a tiny market.

People living south of Bellinzona are best served by MXP anyway, and if the administration of Lugano would insist on a couple of faster train links to MXP (as opposed to the local trains which have been just started), it would save a lot of money. But then a bunch of seats on the LUG board of directors would be lost, and that would be a disgrace.
AlicorporateUK likes this.
Old Aug 5, 2019, 3:38 am

I have always wanted to do a day trip to LUG with LX. Looks like I have to be fast now ...
Old Aug 5, 2019, 12:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I also heard a rumour over at the HeadForPoints site that Lufthansa was strongly considering beginning BoB service on European flights. Is that really the case? I certainly hope not!
Old Aug 5, 2019, 1:38 pm

Originally Posted by Concerto
I also heard a rumour over at the HeadForPoints site that Lufthansa was strongly considering beginning BoB service on European flights. Is that really the case? I certainly hope not!
They have been tempted for a while but never dared to do it. But LH Group airlines have done it and the mother will be closely monitoring that.
chris63 and AlicorporateUK like this.
Old Aug 5, 2019, 2:24 pm

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
The person who posted that rumour on HFP as a done deal is constantly talking out of his hat. As @worldclubber says, it's one thing for Lufty's minions to do that, but it's quite another for LH themselves. Remember Star Wars - the most important people in the Galaxy live on the Death Star and they didn't plan on blowing up themselves!
worldclubber likes this.
Old Aug 6, 2019, 4:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Actually, I would be really surprised if they went and did it. But they all seem to be going that way these days. Hope it doesn't happen, obviously, but the hat talker said it is on for 2020.
Old Aug 6, 2019, 11:18 pm

Programs: LH HON**
On shorthaul you could argue that they are already testing it, considering that BRU-MUC the other day had zero service in Y, not even a glass of water. So the LSG situation becomes like a mini trial of having BoB where noone buys but just sits it out for an hour...

Personally I thought that the snack quality went up when SN changed to BoB years ago, although I usually still don’t buy. But SN went too far on the drinks side - I think the minimum offer should be like SK: free coffee, tea or a glass of water. On SN you even have to pay for that and moreover their ”coffee” is not worth anything, unless you aim for a summer-holiday-cottage-Nescafé-powder-emergency-coffee-and-by-the-way-the-jar-says-best-before-2007 experience.
Old Aug 7, 2019, 1:39 am

Oh dear (or, rather, oh D-AIRL!) –

[Apologies if already shared]

G
chris63 likes this.
Old Aug 7, 2019, 2:04 am

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
Originally Posted by AlicorporateUK
Oh dear (or, rather, oh D-AIRL!) –

[Apologies if already shared]

G
Looks pretty bent.

When did this happen?

Edit: was D-AILR on 31 July. Brief report here
AlicorporateUK likes this.

Last edited by MichielR; Aug 7, 2019 at 2:07 am Reason: additional info

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.