Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lufthansa to install an electronic access system in its lounges

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2010, 3:04 am

Programs: LH SEN
Maybe the computer recognizes the flight you are on when you check in and assumes that you leave when the flight starts boarding.
Old Aug 18, 2010, 6:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Originally Posted by Tyrolean
Either:
Install Sensors on all seats to see if the are occupied

Or:
Implant every frequent flyer an RFID-Chip (like cats, dogs or cows).
Easily scan if you enter or leave the Lounge...
This gives a totally new meaning to SENsor
Old Aug 18, 2010, 1:07 pm

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Gate Agents: don't really see where they can go below the present min 2. Longhaul gates have 4, maybe there is some potential....I saw the SK experiment with cutting jobs at the gate and lounges, and it was comic at times what they expected of customers.
What is really comic is when a full MD-80 (at MUC) is only served by one LH GA, who spends their time walking to/from the aircraft on the aerobridge, and delaying the flight massively, when there should be at *least* 2 of them in position.

I agree that CPH can be pretty bad with those really small gate sitting areas for the large A330/340's, but when LH has the resources, and the staff are "bunking" their duties towards SK, it's really pathetic.

Originally Posted by Tyrolean
Which HON has 7 kids? As a SEN you either get HON or get kids!!
Well, if you get HON, you are probably "getting" kids all over the world, whether you realize it or not! (You're not getting "it" at home, that's for sure!)

Originally Posted by Rambuster
Yep. No kids here. (At least none that I know of! )
Ah, justifies my comment above!

Originally Posted by DownUnderFlyer
A very good question indeed. If I rock up with an Air India credit card and my TK issue boarding pass for an UA flight.
Last I checked, AI hasn't bothered to co-brand with any cc... (Just a quip at AI, sorry! )

Originally Posted by Flying Lawyer
This gives a totally new meaning to SENsor
Good one!
Old Aug 19, 2010, 2:32 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Going OT here, but LH only 'lends' staff to SK. I've seen the SK duty manager turn away the second GA when the gate opened saying 'oh, we don't need two'. BTW, I was at the gate early because the flight was oversold and I was standing by. SK (like some other *A partners in MUC T2) doesn't use LH for everything in FRA and MUC, the ground handling is done by Avia, and there is a SK duty manager for the day overseeing the handling of all SK flights that day, but he/she usually doesn't stay at the gate.
Old Aug 20, 2010, 12:15 am

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador, AA Plat Pro, DL Gold, UA*S, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by wijomas
Or, your mother is your spouse and your father is the guest.
If you can get over the undertones of this, it's brilliant, because LH couldn't tell otherwise!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.