Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lufthansa to install an electronic access system in its lounges

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2010, 5:48 am
Suspended

Programs: Swiss HON, Emirates Skywards Gold, Flying Blue Platinum, Virgin America Elevate
Originally Posted by primetime23
Did I miss anything?

"Inviting guests into the lounge

As a HON Circle Member and First Class passenger you may invite one companion into the lounge, as well as family members (spouse/partner, children under 18), provided that they are all flying with you.
[...]
Companions must produce a valid boarding pass for a same-day Lufthansa/Star Alliance flight and leave the lounge with the person who invited them in."
Well, if you highlight in bold just another part of your sentence, you have the answer:

As a HON Circle Member and First Class passenger you may invite one companion into the lounge, as well as family members (spouse/partner, children under 18), provided that they are all flying with you.

I guess that means that they have to be booked on the same flight.

I really this policy
Old Jun 16, 2010, 7:11 am

Programs: Don't think it matters...
Originally Posted by primetime23

[...]
Companions must produce a valid boarding pass for a same-day Lufthansa/Star Alliance flight and leave the lounge with the person who invited them in."
IMHO,the part mentioned in bold makes in confusing..they could easily have it that they are all flying with u in the same LH/* Alliance flight..
Also, they write leave the lounge with the person who invited them.. if they flying the same flight then this is mostly taken as granted not it
The say same day, why not same flight
Old Jun 16, 2010, 7:53 am

Originally Posted by Postbus
Well, if you highlight in bold just another part of your sentence, you have the answer:

I guess that means that they have to be booked on the same flight.

I really this policy

Oh yes, you are right of course... I guess I decided to ignore that part...

In any case whats even more confusing is the "access at a glance" table on the LH page, where there is no mention of the "flying with you" statement, only when you scroll further down.

Don't like it, but I guess not much I can do about it - at least I memorized the rules now....
Old Jun 18, 2010, 3:30 am

So what are you trying to say it's that if they start using it July 1st they will put the same day??? Im aksing this because Im sure that not exactly July 1st all the lounges will have this and if they have they need it to put it at least the day before???...
Old Jun 25, 2010, 11:16 am

Programs: Disgruntled HON**, Indifferent EK Gold, skeptical BA Silver
If they use the same system as the one in place at MUC's new SEN Lounge, they should make a change to it. Check BP first then card.
If BP qualifies you to get into the lounge (eg F on *A), just open the door.

I was standing behind 2 UA *F pax (at least what they said.. is UA having a first out of Munich?) who were lured to the automated door by the big FIRST CLASS sign infront of it but failed to get in because they did not have a *G card which is needed to be entered first
Old Jun 26, 2010, 4:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mamb0
If they use the same system as the one in place at MUC's new SEN Lounge, they should make a change to it. Check BP first then card.
If BP qualifies you to get into the lounge (eg F on *A), just open the door.

I was standing behind 2 UA *F pax (at least what they said.. is UA having a first out of Munich?) who were lured to the automated door by the big FIRST CLASS sign infront of it but failed to get in because they did not have a *G card which is needed to be entered first
The UA flight to ORD still has F AFAIK.
Old Jun 26, 2010, 4:03 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Both the UA MUC-IAD and ORD flights have F.
Old Jul 11, 2010, 2:48 am
szg
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH(OS) HON, IC RA
All lounges in VIE are scanning the BP. The system is used for the correct pay-off between the *A members regarding the lounge fees.

But you still have to show your Status Card, because the system don't know the Status expiration date. This information is not on the BP.
Old Jul 11, 2010, 11:50 pm
Ari
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
The UA flight to ORD still has F AFAIK.
All UA overseas flights have F.
Old Jul 12, 2010, 1:41 pm

Programs: LH SEN, Hilton Diamond, AF/KL & BA basic memberships, Tufty Club Exec Plutonium
Originally Posted by szg
All lounges in VIE are scanning the BP. The system is used for the correct pay-off between the *A members regarding the lounge fees.

But you still have to show your Status Card, because the system don't know the Status expiration date. This information is not on the BP.
Today at MUC non-Schengen BIZ, they scanned the BP and swiped the lounge. The warden was instructing another warden in how do this, so they didn't bother acknowledging me.
Old Aug 17, 2010, 1:59 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Reserved for our passengers

13/08/2010

Lufthansa equips its lounges with an electronic access system

In future when you enter a Lufthansa lounge your boarding pass will be read by an electronic recording system. This has practical benefits for lounge visitors at Frankfurt and Munich airports: if that particular lounge is full, you can find out which other lounge has available seating.

The electronic access system has already been introduced in the Lufthansa Senator and Business Lounges at Frankfurt and Munich. The system will gradually be fitted to all other Lufthansa lounges worldwide during the rest of the year.
http://www.miles-and-more.com/online...l=en&cid=18002

I wonder how it will work? Anybody with experience to report?

Last edited by NewbieRunner; Aug 17, 2010 at 3:18 pm
Old Aug 17, 2010, 9:08 pm
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
So in order for the system to be able to know whether the lounge is full or not it either needs cameras or track the number of people coming and going. So do you have to swipe out? Or go through some barrier?
Old Aug 18, 2010, 1:18 am

Programs: LH SEN, DL GM
Originally Posted by iainbhx
Today at MUC non-Schengen BIZ, they scanned the BP and swiped the lounge. The warden was instructing another warden in how to do this,
Old Aug 18, 2010, 2:46 am

Programs: QF LTG, LH (SEN*** till 02/26), AF, AA, AB-G†
Originally Posted by DownUnderFlyer
So in order for the system to be able to know whether the lounge is full or not it either needs cameras or track the number of people coming and going. So do you have to swipe out? Or go through some barrier?
Either:
Install Sensors on all seats to see if the are occupied

Or:
Implant every frequent flyer an RFID-Chip (like cats, dogs or cows).
Easily scan if you enter or leave the Lounge...
Old Aug 18, 2010, 3:02 am

Programs: Don't think it matters...
Originally Posted by DownUnderFlyer
hmmm.. so now there will also be an exit barrier I feel but hopefully not a swipe out.. else sometime later ( in 1-2 yrs) as an enhancement, there will be an incentive for pax using the lounge for short periods of time and a disincentive to use it for longer periods ( say more than 1hr) in the form of miles getting deducted ..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.