Wiki Posts
Search

First Lufthansa business lounge with beer garden

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2010, 10:04 am
AHN

Programs: SK EBG
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
It looks like there will be a mini-DO in the MUC C lounge on the 23rd.
Indeed! I will be there (with my 71 year old mother ) between 18.00 and 19.00.
Old Mar 19, 2010, 10:26 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by aster
Funny this, FRA probably has the worst lounge I have ever been to on a global scale...

The SKL is a dark, dingy hole in the wall, guarded by uncompromising attendants who take their work too seriously...

I would (and *have* taken my business to LH (and to 9w) from SQ) prefer LH's food offerings and graciousness for families of status pax over what Changi's lounges offer.
Old Mar 19, 2010, 9:21 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold>>>Silver>>>Blue, Finnair Silver, Royal Caribbean Diamond
Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy

The SKL is a dark, dingy hole in the wall, guarded by uncompromising attendants who take their work too seriously...

I would (and *have* taken my business to LH (and to 9w) from SQ) prefer LH's food offerings and graciousness for families of status pax over what Changi's lounges offer.
Not sure why you're irritated by "attendants" at SKL, maybe you'd care to expand on that?

The LH lounge in FRA is seriously one of the worst I have ever been to, though in the other half of my post I mentioned that MUC might well become my favourite one with this beer garden idea. MUC as an airport is quite good, in comparison it makes FRA look like a third-rate dump (in fact most airports make FRA look like that).

As for SQ, yeah, you can go ahead and switch to LH, but what a massive downgrade that would be in every single aspect...

Getting back to the MUC lounge, I can't wait to try to out this summer now that SQ services this route with a 77W. :-: What a great idea to create a beer garden in one of the beer capitols of the world. Really, really looking forward to it.
Old Mar 19, 2010, 11:47 pm

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Not sure why you're irritated by "attendants" at SKL, maybe you'd care to expand on that?
No need for irritation - they simply allow families into LH lounges, when SQ does not. The way they turn you away is also very embarrassing, which is the same for the SATS lounge dragons.

Luckily, there are many other options to those hopeless lounges in Changi anyway.

The LH lounge in FRA is seriously one of the worst I have ever been to, though in the other half of my post I mentioned that MUC might well become my favourite one with this beer garden idea. MUC as an airport is quite good, in comparison it makes FRA look like a third-rate dump (in fact most airports make FRA look like that).
Again, maybe you should visit some more lounges in FRA - there are many, and maybe you are not going into the correct ones! (Are you sure you visited the SEN lounges, and if so, which one?)

As for SQ, yeah, you can go ahead and switch to LH, but what a massive downgrade that would be in every single aspect...
Already done it 2 years ago , after achieving PPS with SQ and saw that they have *zero* customer service on the ground!

I am happy enough with LH, and while their in-flight product is not the best, they treat me well enough and I get to my final destination in time.

(LH has made a lot of money from my flying and SQ has not - simple facts)

The other alternative is Jet Airways, one of the best airlines in the sky, but not without its' teething problems. It will probably be a larger and better airline once it has matured, but 9w definitely blows away SQ in terms of customer service and the overall flying experience.
Old Mar 20, 2010, 3:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Dudes, will SQ *G grant access to this lounge?
SQ*G? SQ? You will be directed to the FTL lounge only
Old Mar 20, 2010, 4:35 am

Programs: UA:1K MM, AF:FB-Platinum; QR: PC Platinum, FI: Saga Gold
Originally Posted by Flying Lawyer
Not true
Old Mar 20, 2010, 4:39 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold>>>Silver>>>Blue, Finnair Silver, Royal Caribbean Diamond
Seriously, no beer garden for *G? I certainly ain't "downgrading" from SQ to LH flight just to have a few beers in a different lounge...
Old Mar 20, 2010, 5:22 am
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Just returned from the Lowenbrau in Sydney tonight and at 28C this was a pleasant experience. But the thought of beer garden in Munich in March gives me the shivers (quite literally).
Old Mar 20, 2010, 5:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Seriously, no beer garden for *G? I certainly ain't "downgrading" from SQ to LH flight just to have a few beers in a different lounge...
If it were a SQ beergarden it would certainly be SQ Elites only. However, this is a LH beergarden and I am afraid that even SQ elites will have access. However, I am still dreaming of reciprocity....
Old Mar 20, 2010, 5:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Braniff
Not true
Sure? It might be a new reciprocity thing? Beergarden for SQ Elites only if flying on SQ First. SQ Elites on an Economy ticket have free access to downtown beergardens (but need to pay for their drinks).
Old Mar 20, 2010, 5:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
...The LH lounge in FRA is seriously one of the worst I have ever been to...
Then you obviously haven't been out and about enough !
Old Mar 20, 2010, 6:03 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Beergarden for SQ Elites only if flying on SQ First. SQ Elites on an Economy ticket have free access to downtown beergardens (but need to pay for their drinks).
Is this part of the enhanced LH/FT enquiry service?
Old Mar 20, 2010, 6:11 am

Programs: TK Elite, QR Gold
cant wait to try it out.

I guess the best beer I had in a lounge was at NRT - in NWA lounge. With these fancy beer robot dispensing the beer and then ofcourse topping it up with nice foam!
Old Mar 20, 2010, 6:13 am

If it were a SQ beergarden it would certainly be SQ Elites only. However, this is a LH beergarden and I am afraid that even SQ elites will have access. However, I am still dreaming of reciprocity....
Reciprocity towards SQ: +1 ^

Sure? It might be a new reciprocity thing? Beergarden for SQ Elites only if flying on SQ First. SQ Elites on an Economy ticket have free access to downtown beergardens (but need to pay for their drinks).

Originally Posted by Rambuster
Then you obviously haven't been out and about enough !
Quite correct...
Old Mar 21, 2010, 4:29 am

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold
Just a short note to let you know that I have moved all SQ vs. LH lounge posts to the M&M forum lounge thread as they are OT in this thread.

Have a nice day

totti
M&M moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.