FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more-495/)
-   -   First Lufthansa business lounge with beer garden (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more/1061827-first-lufthansa-business-lounge-beer-garden.html)

NewbieRunner Mar 11, 2010 8:26 am

First Lufthansa business lounge with beer garden

Lufthansa has a Bavarian touch in store for its guests in Munich from 23 March 2010. While waiting for their flight, status customers and Business-Class passengers can for the first time spend the time in a beer garden admiring a panoramic background provided by the Bavarian Alps. In cooperation with Munich's Franziskaner brewery, Lufthansa is giving passengers a chance to relax at traditional beer tables, enjoying draught beer tapped from the barrel with Bavarian pretzels. The beer garden is integrated in the refurbished Business Lounge in the Schengen departures area (Gate Area G) of Terminal 2.
http://presse.lufthansa.com/en/news-...ash=0491b81b8e

AHN Mar 11, 2010 9:26 am

As luck will have it, I'm connecting in MUC that evening. I suspect it may be a bit nippy, but I'll try to take a look.

Scrooge McDuck Mar 11, 2010 9:58 am

Prost! :) I wonder if they offer Weißwürste as well. :cool:

HereAndThereSC Mar 11, 2010 10:26 am

Only before noon. :D

HTSC

Originally Posted by Scrooge McDuck (Post 13556139)
Prost! :) I wonder if they offer Weißwürste as well. :cool:

aster Mar 11, 2010 10:30 am

Will *G be granted access?

Flying Lawyer Mar 11, 2010 10:37 am

Originally Posted by aster (Post 13556353)
Will *G be granted access?

Only if they (a) wear Lederhosen or (b) hold a Bavarian passport or (c) can sing the Bavarian national anthem.

I am afraid they will be granted access

mamb0 Mar 11, 2010 11:00 am

If that is a larger concept to beef up c lounges, I am looking forward to what they will do to the C Lounge in Cologne.

Halven Hahn
Rievkooche
Himmel un Äd
Rheinischer Sauerbraten

und ein lecker Kölsch...

Moguntius Mar 11, 2010 11:53 am

...or they will refurbish the lounges with wooden beer tables and benches everythere. Very German and much cheaper. ;)

TWAB747nomore Mar 11, 2010 4:36 pm

ahhhh yes this is what makes lufthansa so cool
I flying LH in august looking forward to using the lounges again

aster Mar 11, 2010 9:41 pm

Funny this, FRA probably has the worst lounge I have ever been to on a global scale, and yet I have a strange feeling that the one in MUC might end up being one of my favourites. :)

By "status customers" I assume any *G will suffice?

greg99 Mar 18, 2010 5:49 pm

Fantastic - I happen to be spending 4 hours in the lounge on the 23rd.

Will try to deliver pix as soon as possible.

Rambuster Mar 18, 2010 6:13 pm

I'll check it out next week ! I will be flying out of MUC on the 23rd....sod the FCL if I can have a decent Franziskaner Hefeweizen in the C lounge !:D
(I am usually responsible for rapid depletion of Erdinger in LH F)

NewbieRunner Mar 18, 2010 7:24 pm

Originally Posted by AHN (Post 13555923)
As luck will have it, I'm connecting in MUC that evening. I suspect it may be a bit nippy, but I'll try to take a look.

Originally Posted by greg99 (Post 13603385)
Fantastic - I happen to be spending 4 hours in the lounge on the 23rd.

Originally Posted by Rambuster (Post 13603547)
I'll check it out next week ! I will be flying out of MUC on the 23rd....sod the FCL if I can have a decent Franziskaner Hefeweizen in the C lounge !:D

It looks like there will be a mini-DO in the MUC C lounge on the 23rd. :D

aster Mar 18, 2010 10:08 pm

Dudes, will SQ *G grant access to this lounge?

greg99 Mar 18, 2010 10:28 pm

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner (Post 13603959)
It looks like there will be a mini-DO in the MUC C lounge on the 23rd. :D

Look forward to it - coming in from SFO and out on the 9pm flight to CDG - PM me if anyone will overlap...

Dudes, will SQ *G grant access to this lounge?
It should, since *G will get you into the SEN lounge, also.

Greg