FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NewbieRunner
xxx

Print Wikipost

List of M&M promotions

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2012, 1:09 am

Programs: LH, AB, SPG, CC, Sixt, EC
Those miles credited for me as well but the number of miles for the promo was only a fraction of what I spent. I knew about the terms in advance but still a little dissapointing that even promo miles on LH bookings were excluded.

Once again, it is very obvious that Lufthansa hates Lufthansa CC customers and vice versa .
Old Jan 24, 2012, 10:55 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

You are right.... not a single benefit when using the card with LH
Old Jan 24, 2012, 2:47 pm

Programs: BAEC, MM, HH, MB
Originally Posted by RTW1
You are right.... not a single benefit when using the card with LH
Right. But the whole Credit Card think in Germany is crappy. Compared to the US there no really nice offers exept the expensive premium AMEX cards.

All the Airline-CC have very limited perks compared to their US pendants.

That sucks.

S.
Old Jan 24, 2012, 4:31 pm

Programs: SK Gold, AF Gold, Marriott Platinum
And may I add that Germany in particular seems to abhor foreign credit cards per se, most huge electronics shops and similar I've visited only accept the EC card due to the very high percentage they lose in the process of paying with VISA, Master, AmEx etc. (5% if I'm not mistaken?) and force you to withdraw cash from an ATM, which results in 0 miles... So I feel for German residents
Old Jan 24, 2012, 5:14 pm

Programs: BAEC, MM, HH, MB
Originally Posted by gojko88
And may I add that Germany in particular seems to abhor foreign credit cards per se, most huge electronics shops and similar
Not only foreign cards. It is just unusal for most people to pay with a credit card. For most germans the first association of credit card is "fraud" or "danger" and "debt".
They are widely unaware of benefits and different payment models.

I've visited only accept the EC card due to the very high percentage they lose in the process of paying with VISA, Master, AmEx etc. (5% if I'm not mistaken?)
If you have to pay so much for payments with MC and VISA, you did make something wrong when choosing your bank or you have only few payments at all. AMEX is more expensive than the others so that AMEX is not widely accepted exept in the premium seqment.

Meanwhile you can pay with CC at nearly all gas stations. There are only few (mostly family owned, small) Hotels which do not accept CC. If restaurants accept it depends on the area and the kind of customers they usually have.

and force you to withdraw cash from an ATM, which results in 0 miles... So I feel for German residents
That's because the people are widely unaware of the perks of some credit cards.

I recently wanted to book a holiday for my parents at a travel agents office. No CC payment possible and no understanding why on earth I want to do that. (she didn't know that there are CC with insurances and FF-Miles...)

I booked somewhere else. (and told her why)

S.
Old Jan 25, 2012, 9:26 pm

Originally Posted by Monty_GER
That's because the people are widely unaware of the perks of some credit cards.
Most German credit cards simply don't HAVE these perks.
Old Jan 26, 2012, 2:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sokolov
Most German credit cards simply don't HAVE these perks.
Exactly. Italy and Germany are sadly far behind in the credit card benefits offerred.
Old Jan 26, 2012, 3:09 am

Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
Exactly. Italy and Germany are sadly far behind in the credit card benefits offerred.
Just the other day I posted on another forum on this - the Net is full of how-tos for travel hacking etc., relying mainly on getting miles from signing bonuses for CCs. However the most competitive market for CC companies is USA, and just the number of CCs offered to the general population is so staggering that miles have become not just a differentiator but a perk that's EXPECTED. And if you think Italy & Germany are bad, you should see the rest of Europe, especially southeast

(Sorry to fly offtopic here again, just wanted to express an opinion and voice hopes that somebody from CC company management also prowls this forum )
Old Jan 26, 2012, 3:29 am

Programs: SQ G, LH FTL, UA S, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by hyperlink1212
And if you think Italy & Germany are bad, you should see the rest of Europe, especially southeast
Actually, I pretty much like my CC offer in our country, hyperlink

Unlike Germany, I get a mile for every 55 Euro cents spent, which kicks hiney since I expense my business travel on my Croatia Airlines CC
Old Jan 26, 2012, 3:41 am

Originally Posted by hdogan
Unlike Germany, I get a mile for every 55 Euro cents spent, which kicks hiney since I expense my business travel on my Croatia Airlines CC
Yep, got that one too, but it's more like 75 cents/mile, right? Anyway, just sent u a pvt msg, sorry to moderators for polluting the thread a bit
Old Jan 26, 2012, 10:48 pm
htb

Programs: UA*G(1K), PC Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
That probably has to do with the fact that most German customers don't pay any interest on the balance since they pay the whole balance at once each billing cycle. That takes a whole lot of fun out of the CC game for the issuers.

HTB.
Old Jan 27, 2012, 2:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by htb
That probably has to do with the fact that most German customers don't pay any interest on the balance since they pay the whole balance at once each billing cycle. That takes a whole lot of fun out of the CC game for the issuers.

HTB.
In Italy the balance of your credit card is taken automatically out of your bank account at the end of each cycle. The compensation is that some merchants are paying fees as high as 7% which is absurd.
Old Jan 29, 2012, 9:35 am

Programs: M&M SEN
'My Choice' bonus still around?

Hi,

First time this year I flew 'my choice' route and noticed I only received the regular miles, but not double award as in 2011. Is the promotion still on?
Thanks,
David
Old Jan 29, 2012, 9:47 am

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
Originally Posted by davidcito
First time this year I flew 'my choice' route and noticed I only received the regular miles, but not double award as in 2011. Is the promotion still on?
No, it ended on December, 31, 2011.
Old Feb 4, 2012, 12:17 pm

Programs: Disgruntled HON**, Indifferent EK Gold, skeptical BA Silver
T-Mobile Miles...

Now that really hurts.

A month ago my MM Statement read:
31/12/2011 Telekom Rechnung +2,038

Today it reads:

01/02/2012 Telekom Rechnung +31
Jeden Tag eine Meile
TMD

LOL, very funny.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.