Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

WSJ: LH To Launch A380 on FRA-JFK [merged first sheduled A380 destination thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

WSJ: LH To Launch A380 on FRA-JFK [merged first sheduled A380 destination thread]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2010, 6:39 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
D-AIMA was in FRA this week for gate testing and then parked in the Hangar.

The MUCforum has the exact timetable of the promoflight:
http://www.mucforum.de/showthread.ph...l=1#post181957
Old Apr 9, 2010, 7:18 am

Programs: LH, AF, AB, SQ
It was not D-AIMA, used for the testing the last two days. It was an Airbus owned test aircraft (MSN004) with EA-engines and without a pax cabin.
Old Apr 9, 2010, 8:01 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Longlegs
It was not D-AIMA, used for the testing the last two days. It was an Airbus owned test aircraft (MSN004) with EA-engines and without a pax cabin.
No, it definitely wasn't D-AIMA. Sorry for the blurred picture (taken on Wednesday afternoon). The limo driver apologised he didn't have the time to drive me around for a better look.

Old Apr 9, 2010, 8:26 am

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold
I can also confirm that it wasn't D-AIMA. There was a short documentry on TV about the arrival in FRA.
Old Apr 9, 2010, 1:55 pm

Programs: VS Gold
Originally Posted by N830MH
Yes, you are absolutely right about A380 will be introduce service from FRA-JNB beginning on June 6, 2010. So I didn't realize know that. So unfortunately, LH won't be put on A380 service FRA-JFK for while. LH will continuation to received more A380 will come online.
It's just for the world cup isn't it? I don't see it in the GDS.
Old Apr 9, 2010, 2:56 pm

Originally Posted by maxmin
It's just for the world cup isn't it? I don't see it in the GDS.
it's a charter flight being billed as LH's First scheduled long-haul service, so it's not showing in GDS
Old Apr 9, 2010, 2:58 pm

so then it will not be the first official route, that's still JFK ?
Old Apr 10, 2010, 1:47 am

Programs: LH Sen, SPG Platinium, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by totti
I can also confirm that it wasn't D-AIMA. There was a short documentry on TV about the arrival in FRA.
here is the documentry from "Hessensschau" (in Germann):
http://www.hr-online.de/website/fern...0407_1930_a380
Old Apr 10, 2010, 4:10 am
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
so then it will not be the first official route, that's still JFK ?
No, AFAWK JNB will not the the first commercial route. Most probably it will be JFK but we won't know until its announced.
Old Apr 11, 2010, 3:51 am

Programs: LH, bmi, Hyatt Gold, SPG
Shanghai or Tokyo

Today in "Welt am Sonntag" they had an article about airlines flying the A380. They listed PVG and NRT as possible first schedulded LH flights.
Old Apr 11, 2010, 11:55 pm

Programs: UA *S , MR LT Titanium, HH Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by pooh99
Today in "Welt am Sonntag" they had an article about airlines flying the A380. They listed PVG and NRT as possible first schedulded LH flights.
Both are not the FIRST destinations of Lufthansa as flying them requries three A380 to do the two rotations (and it would require two A380s to fly each of them). If they were, no A380 service would be available through July, and I highly doubt that LH would allow D-AIMA and D-AIMB to collect dust until then.

Greetings - Dirk
Old Apr 12, 2010, 4:55 am
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by djohannw
Both are not the FIRST destinations of Lufthansa as flying them requries three A380 to do the two rotations (and it would require two A380s to fly each of them). If they were, no A380 service would be available through July, and I highly doubt that LH would allow D-AIMA and D-AIMB to collect dust until then.

Greetings - Dirk
Well, they could start on those routes with one A380 and then just not have a daily A380 service. Similar to how QF has introduced the A380.
But in reality, I doubt LH would do something like this when better alternatives are available.
Old Apr 12, 2010, 6:27 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by pooh99
Originally Posted by djohannw
Originally Posted by DownUnderFlyer
Well, they could start on those routes with one A380 and then just not have a daily A380 service. Similar to how QF has introduced the A380.
But in reality, I doubt LH would do something like this when better alternatives are available.
I still think the FRA-NRT-FRA-JFK-FRA rotation suggested by alex0683de when the second A380 is in service is interesting and doable. The FRA-PVG-FRA-JFK-FRA rotation may not work according to the current schedule, however.
Old Apr 12, 2010, 11:50 am

I don't really understand why there is so much speculation after the CEO already said that it will be FRA-JFK in the WSJ last year (the first posting of this thread, after all).
Old Apr 12, 2010, 3:20 pm

I don't really understand why there is so much speculation after the CEO already said that it will be FRA-JFK in the WSJ last year (the first posting of this thread, after all).
Because since the interview, there were other reports suggesting First regular long-haul A380 service might go to Asia, not JFK.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.