Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

WSJ: LH To Launch A380 on FRA-JFK [merged first sheduled A380 destination thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

WSJ: LH To Launch A380 on FRA-JFK [merged first sheduled A380 destination thread]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2010, 8:26 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HH Diamond, SPG Plat, BW Diamond, HG Platinum
Originally Posted by maxmin
If NRT is first, when is the earliest JFK could become daily? I've lost track of the delivery schedule!
the eminent Dirk kindly answered a similar query in post #104, and I quote:

Originally Posted by djohannw
One each month after the initial. So D-AIMA in May, D-AIMB in June (which presumably kicks off scheduled A380-operations with two rotations), D-AIMC in July (used as Spare) and D-AIMD in August (opens the third A380 route). All are built already, A-C have been moved to XFW, D is going to have her first flight on April 15th presumably and will be transferred to Hamburg for finalisation on April 21st. After that there will be quite a gap until D-AIME will be delivered.

My current favourite combination for intial A380-service is a LH404/405 and LH710/711 combo in June after the delivery of D-AIMB, and then another very long flight in August (JNB maybe) when D-AIMD becomes available.

Greetings - Dirk

On another site, a production schedule backs him up.
Old Apr 20, 2010, 6:11 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Rambuster
11.06. FRA-NRT A380 ! Maybe 2-3 rotations per week.

8 Seats in F already taken with F0A0
Originally Posted by Rambuster
8 seats already allocated and no more available for sale means the new A380 F cabin with 8 seats is full.
That's my interpretation. (Most people who book F tickets also allocate their seats at time of booking)
I know Rambuster is only interested in the F cabin but I thought I'd check C and Y to make sure. F seats may be reduced from 16 to 8, but there should be more seats available in C and Y assuming that D-AIMA will have the initial configuration of 8+98+420.

The availability is quite interesting as there seems to be plenty of seats in C and Y. So this could indeed be A380!

[KVS Availability Tool 5.4.2/Platinum - Sabre: Availability/GTC/US-LTR]
Code:
FRA  Frankfurt Metro / Frankfurt Int'l DE = FRA HHN [EDDF]
NRT  Tokyo Narita JP [RJAA]
FRI  11 Jun 2010

Carrier    Flight  From  Depart    To    Arrive    A/C  St  Availability
---------  ------  ----  --------  ----  --------  ---  --  -----------------------------------------------------------
LH         710     FRA   13:35     NRT   07:30 +1  744  0   F0 A0 J9 C9 D9 Z9 Y9 B9 M9 H9 Q9 V9 W9 U9 S9
LH710 on 11 June will of course return to FRA as LH711 on 12 June.

[KVS Availability Tool 5.4.2/Platinum - Sabre: Availability/GTC/US-LTR]
Code:
NRT  Tokyo Narita JP [RJAA]
FRA  Frankfurt Metro / Frankfurt Int'l DE = FRA HHN [EDDF]
SAT  12 Jun 2010

Carrier    Flight  From  Depart    To    Arrive    A/C  St  Availability
---------  ------  ----  --------  ----  --------  ---  --  --------------------------------------------------------
LH         711     NRT   09:35     FRA   14:15     744  0   F4 A4 J9 C9 D1 Z0 Y0 B0 M0 H0 Q0 V0 W0 U0 S0
Only one F seat is allocated but the availability is F4 A4. This might back the speculation that there are in fact only 8 seats in the F cabin.

[KVS Availability Tool 5.4.2/Platinum - Amadeus Seat Map: 12 Jun 2010/LH 711/NRT-FRA/744/F-First]
Code:
       A   C    |   H   K      
81     -   +        +   +      U
82     +   +        +   +      U
83 E   +   +        +   +      U
84     +   +        +   +      U

[+] Available   [-] Unavailable    [E] Exit Row  
[W] Wing        [L] Lavatory       [U] Upper Deck
But why are they not selling any Y seats when there are 420 instead of 234 seats in the Y cabin if this is indeed D-AIMA?

Anyone fancy a quick trip to NRT in June to check it out?
Old Apr 21, 2010, 11:14 am

Programs: M&M HON, R&C 5C, LCC
http://www.usatoday.com/travel/fligh...blog&type=blog

The winner will be flown to Germany, compliments of Lufthansa. You'll meet me in Frankfurt where our adventure gets underway with a behind-the-scenes tour of Lufthansa's operations hub, including include a tour of Lufthansa's A380 hangar --which the airline bills as the world's largest.

Then we're off to Hamburg to board Lufthansa's first A380 right after it's delivered from Airbus. We'll be treated to a VIP experience as Lufthansa operates the A380 on a showcase flight around the European continent enroute to Frankfurt. Upon arrival, we'll attend Lufthansa's exclusive A380 welcoming party!

Guess it'll be an intra-german promo-flight...

Last edited by daytripper123; Apr 21, 2010 at 11:32 am
Old Apr 21, 2010, 8:31 pm

Programs: LH, AB, SPG, CC, Sixt, EC
Originally Posted by daytripper123
http://www.usatoday.com/travel/fligh...blog&type=blog

The winner will be flown to Germany, compliments of Lufthansa. You'll meet me in Frankfurt where our adventure gets underway with a behind-the-scenes tour of Lufthansa's operations hub, including include a tour of Lufthansa's A380 hangar --which the airline bills as the world's largest.

Then we're off to Hamburg to board Lufthansa's first A380 right after it's delivered from Airbus. We'll be treated to a VIP experience as Lufthansa operates the A380 on a showcase flight around the European continent enroute to Frankfurt. Upon arrival, we'll attend Lufthansa's exclusive A380 welcoming party!

Guess it'll be an intra-german promo-flight...
It sounds like somebody will be flown from the US to Germany on regular service, I am even pretty sure it will by an Economy ticket

Then this person sees some LH background operation and gets to go to Airbus in Hamburg to pick up the A380 and be on the delivery flight. Mayerhuber and Co in the front, the lucky winner in the back and to show off, Mayerhuber will have the bird in the air for a bit flying around Europe but of course not touching down en route but with a big press bla bla in FRA
Old Apr 22, 2010, 7:42 am

Programs: LH, AB, SPG, CC, Sixt, EC
D-AIMA will land in Berlin for the opening of the ILA on June 8th.

For industry visitors, the show is from June 8 to 11th, for broader public from 11 June to 13.

So maybe they will just keep the big bird there until the 11th and then fly it over to FRA for NRT....
Old Apr 28, 2010, 1:05 pm

I spoke with Lufthansa in the states today for seat assignments and as I was about to hang up, piped in and asked "I read that Lufthansa will be flying an A380 soon to New York", to which the agent said, "We got something about that today (April 28), I'll pull it up". Pause. Then she came back and said "the notice we got says it will fly first to Narita, then to Shanghai and then Johannesburg, I don't see anything about New York".

That was all she said.

If this is true, what is the earliest that JFK would see an A380?

Last edited by Flyingfox; Apr 28, 2010 at 1:16 pm
Old Apr 28, 2010, 1:11 pm

Programs: Concorde Mach 2 -UAMM- First to Fly A380/B787/B747-8i/FlyingHonu
Exclamation

Want to fly on "LadyBee"

Want to try one of the 8 exclusive First Suites?

:-::-::-::-::-::-::-:

First Lufthansa A380 flight
NRT: LH710/LH711 effective Jun 11th

Ticket sales to open tomorrow April 29.

I just received the information by personal email from a reliable LH exec.

Old Apr 28, 2010, 1:21 pm

NRT Confirmed

La Tribune confirms (in French) - Tokyo in June, Beijing in August, and Johannesburg sometime later.
Old Apr 28, 2010, 1:34 pm

Programs: Concorde Mach 2 -UAMM- First to Fly A380/B787/B747-8i/FlyingHonu
Question

What will the "LadyBee" Business seats look like?
Any idea?

I don't even want to think about First Class unless somebody wants to buy me the ticket.
Old Apr 28, 2010, 1:54 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Originally Posted by CDG1
What will the "LadyBee" Business seats look like?
Any idea?
Where were you the last few days?

Business seats will be the same as now. There's a whole thread about it.
Old Apr 28, 2010, 1:58 pm

i am really surprised that LH would do something like this after announcing at few big events that FRA-JFK will be the first destination????
Old Apr 28, 2010, 3:59 pm

Programs: VS Gold
Originally Posted by divjan
i am really surprised that LH would do something like this after announcing at few big events that FRA-JFK will be the first destination????
It could still fly once to JFK "on tour" and JFK would be the first destination. Just not the first regularly scheduled destination.

Seriously though, companies have to change their plans all the time.... that's life.
Old Apr 28, 2010, 6:28 pm

I just booked an F award FRA-NRT-FRA for the week of June 13.
Old Apr 28, 2010, 10:17 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HH Diamond, SPG Plat, BW Diamond, HG Platinum
Originally Posted by fly2nrt
I just booked an F award FRA-NRT-FRA for the week of June 13.
Lucky dog. I am not seeing any F availability at this point.

Edit: I was looking late in the schedule. I see F seats available in June/July.

Last edited by eeee; Apr 28, 2010 at 10:29 pm
Old Apr 29, 2010, 12:59 am

A small icon "380" now appears next to the flight number on LH's booking site if the flight is on the A380.

LH710

Business seats are still available on LH710 on 11.06.2010 but no First seats.

I suppose that an official announcement will be made today.
http://konzern.lufthansa.com/en/them...l-meeting.html

Last edited by NewbieRunner; Apr 29, 2010 at 1:10 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.