Reload this Page >

The Consolidated LAX Parking Thread (2001 - 2021) [Archived]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 30, 2017, 8:36 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TWA884
Newer posts on this topic have been relocated to a new thread.The Consolidated LAX Parking Thread (2019 - Date)
Print Wikipost

The Consolidated LAX Parking Thread (2001 - 2021) [Archived]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2004, 4:40 pm

Programs: EXP
Radisson Coupons

I very often use the Radisson Parking lot. Although the covered parking area is quite small I always manage to squeeze my full-size pick-up truck in some how.

It costs $11 per day for non-guests or $10 for Hotel guests. You can get one day free with a coupon printed from the attached URL;

http://www.parkatlax.com/coupon.htm

Their shuttles are almost as frequent as the parking spot ones, plus it's closer. If you have to wait too long for a shuttle you can give them a call and they react immediately.
Old Apr 28, 2004, 1:31 pm

Programs: AA, Starwood, Hyatt, Starbucks Gold
Unhappy The Parking Spot

Thought I'd try the new Parking Spot 'S' (Sepulveda) since there is an In 'n Out as you exit the place and they seemed to have the most vans to pick you up. Thought it would be great to come home to, like a quick pick-up and a burger.

I had to wait when I got back like 20 minutes for an S van to come by as I watched multiple C (Century) vans cruise by. And, the place is expensive to begin with, comparably, plus they go by the hour not the day, so I was charged like a whole day rate for only a couple extra hours. Had AAA, so I thought that would reduce the expensive price. NOT. The 10% AAA discount only cancels out the LA parking tax they charge, so you are still left with the expensive parking rates and ridiculous extra hours cost.

Parking Spot - NOT RECOMMENDED
Old May 10, 2004, 6:14 pm

I use the Crowne Plaza parking (covered):

Auto Club Rate: $8.64/day plus tax....comes out to $9.50/day
Minimum: 2 day rental

Shuttles come very often, I don't even call when I arrive (unless it's after midnight), I just wave one of them down.

Address: 5985 W. Century Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90045
Old May 10, 2004, 6:33 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Originally Posted by Mr. Roboto
I use the Crowne Plaza parking (covered):

Auto Club Rate: $8.64/day plus tax....comes out to $9.50/day
Minimum: 2 day rental

Shuttles come very often, I don't even call when I arrive (unless it's after midnight), I just wave one of them down.

Address: 5985 W. Century Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90045
Do you find the spaces a bit narrow? I parked there once and had to hunt a bit for a space that I felt was reasonably "ding-proof"
Old May 31, 2004, 6:00 pm

Programs: Whatever will get me out of Y and into C or F!
Question Did you call Parking Spot when you arrived?

Originally Posted by lisamcgu
I had to wait when I got back like 20 minutes for an S van to come by as I watched multiple C (Century) vans cruise by.
Parking Spot - NOT RECOMMENDED

Just wondering if you called them from the terminal once you had your bags (if you checked any).

I have rarely had to wait any more than 10 minutes (i.e. the time it takes to get from the Sepulveda Parking Spot to Terminal 5) for their vans. Of course I have even snagged a previously dispatched van by luck.

I think it is listed on the ticket that you are supposed to do this, but perhaps Parking Spot needs to highlight this?
Old Jun 3, 2004, 11:02 am

Originally Posted by hiyosilverwings
We are trying this place later this month - http://www.johnnyparklax.com/ . Does anyone have experience with them? They have some great coupons, and it is totally indoors. We will still bring the car cover.
Yes.

My CDs were stolen out of my car and my antenna was broken off while they had my car. I was lied to by a manager and my letters were returned with form letters (and barely form letters at that) My phone conversations ended with promises they would get back to me--which, of course, never happened. In the end it was never resolved, the only recourse I had was to take them to small claims court.

I'd strongly recommend parking somewhere else!
Old Jun 6, 2004, 1:46 am
Hoc

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond, AA 2.5 MM, United Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Consolidated LAX Parking Options, Suggestions, & Frustrations thread

I'm getting sick and tired of paying $20/day at this airport, which I can cut down to $18/day with tax if I use ParkOne self-park or $12/day if I use The Parking Spot self-park with a coupon. Given that my average trip is about a week, I often wind up paying nearly $100 for that week of parking. It's better than the $140/week I'd pay for parking at the airport, but it's still more than I want to pay.

So I thought I'd float the topic, and see if anyone else has a better parking solution for those of us who fly out of LAX.
Old Jun 6, 2004, 7:36 am
Original Member

Location: The shape-shifting urban sprawl that is El Lay. FT member #71.
Programs: UA Gold & MM; DL & AA credit card dirt status; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Fool's Gold
Park One's self parking rate is actually 14.95 plus tax. You can reduce this by showing one of the following cards:

Southwest - 20% discount
United - 15% discount
Delta - 15% discount
AAA - 15% discount

http://www.parkonelax.com/images/Partner_popup.jpg
Old Jun 6, 2004, 8:09 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
There is a pretty current thread in the LAX Airport Forum on parking...

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...wpost&t=306595

Congrats on 2,000 posts, Craig6z!
Old Jun 6, 2004, 2:18 pm
Hoc

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond, AA 2.5 MM, United Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Craig6z
Park One's self parking rate is actually 14.95 plus tax. You can reduce this by showing one of the following cards:

Southwest - 20% discount
United - 15% discount
Delta - 15% discount
AAA - 15% discount

http://www.parkonelax.com/images/Partner_popup.jpg
It works out to $18/day with tax after deducting the Southwest 20 percent discount.
Old Jun 6, 2004, 5:03 pm
Original Member

Location: The shape-shifting urban sprawl that is El Lay. FT member #71.
Programs: UA Gold & MM; DL & AA credit card dirt status; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Fool's Gold
I must be missing something. According to Park One's website self parking is $14.95 (which was what you mentioned in your original posting). Reduce that by 20%, and you are at $11.96. Add 10% tax and the total is $12.76.

Valet parking is $19.95/day, less 20% discount, plus 10% tax, for a total of $17.56. Are you sure you are not confusing the two different services?

http://www.parkonelax.com/rates.html

PHP Code:
HOURLY RATES
$3.00 tax = $3.30

SELF PARKING Per Day
$14.95 tax = $16.45

VALET PARKING Per Day
$19.95 tax = $21.95 
The last time I used Park One (about a month ago), they charged me $13.98 a day including tax. I used the AAA 15% discount.

There is also a free day coupon available on their site, which may be useful for stays of a few days.

Last edited by Craig6z; Jun 6, 2004 at 5:08 pm Reason: code clean-up
Old Jun 7, 2004, 12:26 am
Hoc

They consistently charge me $18 a day after the discount. When I asked about it a few times, they say that taxes are $4+ per day.
Old Jun 7, 2004, 12:41 am

Programs: AAdv GLD(MM), QF LTS, UA MP_nada, HH Gld, SPG, GoldenCircle Jade
Without fail the best parking around LAX ends up being the 405
Old Jun 7, 2004, 4:33 pm

Originally Posted by Hoc
They consistently charge me $18 a day after the discount. When I asked about it a few times, they say that taxes are $4+ per day.
You must be valet parking. I have never been charged $18 a day for self-parking. Do it all the time.
Old Jun 19, 2004, 11:55 pm
Original Member

Location: Los Angeles, CA - Nearly 4 Million Actual Miles Flown
Originally Posted by kef0913
You must be valet parking. I have never been charged $18 a day for self-parking. Do it all the time.
You could provide a constructive response and say where you can pay less than $18.00 a day.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.