Reload this Page >

The Consolidated LAX Parking Thread (2001 - 2021) [Archived]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 30, 2017, 8:36 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TWA884
Newer posts on this topic have been relocated to a new thread.The Consolidated LAX Parking Thread (2019 - Date)
Print Wikipost

The Consolidated LAX Parking Thread (2001 - 2021) [Archived]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2021, 6:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by seigex
Have to say, I'm super impressed with the new parking structure. Especially all the EV charging spots they included (although they weren't turned on yet as of 2 weeks ago when I parked there). I prepaid and saved a bit of money, and as you drive in to the structure it read my license plate, so I didn't even have to roll my window down, same on the way out.

One problem I had returning to LAX around 10:30pm, was the bus to bring us back to the economy lot never showed up. After 30 minutes of waiting, and watching bus after bus pass for other lots, and group growing larger, the driver of the shuttle that stops at the city bus transfer lot offered to ferry us to his spot, which was right next to the economy lot. Ended up working out, but quite annoying that the economy bus never came by.

That said, I was told by one of the shuttle drivers that the train between the economy lot and LAX should be opening soon, anyone know when that will be?
There's a link to the realtime shuttle tracker in the wiki for this thread. It's worth bookmarking on your phone so that you can check shuttle status right away when you get to the curb. Even pre-pandemic the shuttles could be a problem - I used to walk to Lot C pretty regularly late at night, and at least once several of us talked an off-duty driver from one of the other routes into dropping us at Lot C.
Old Dec 9, 2021, 8:17 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by chrisl137
There's a link to the realtime shuttle tracker in the wiki for this thread. It's worth bookmarking on your phone so that you can check shuttle status right away when you get to the curb. Even pre-pandemic the shuttles could be a problem - I used to walk to Lot C pretty regularly late at night, and at least once several of us talked an off-duty driver from one of the other routes into dropping us at Lot C.

Thanks, yeah I found out after, but still 30 minutes we hadn't seen a single one, was still pretty crazy, but lots for the X lot (employee lot).
Old Dec 9, 2021, 8:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by seigex
Thanks, yeah I found out after, but still 30 minutes we hadn't seen a single one, was still pretty crazy, but lots for the X lot (employee lot).
That's how it was back in the days of lots B and C. C was nominally the economy lot, and B was used by a lot of employees and was farther away, but had way more buses at night. I switched from C to B until they closed B (long, long ago now)
Old Dec 10, 2021, 12:26 pm

Programs: UA*G, NW, AA-G. WR-P, HH-G, IHG-S, ALL. TT-GE.
I often walked from T7 to QuikPark. Used to be T7-old tower-Sepulveda-Hyatt. This year I had to walk past LAX-it. So last night I arrived AA T4 and decided to take the LAX-it bus then walked to QuikPark.

When the bus lane ended after T7, an Econ Lot shuttle exited right away and left the CTA on the right lane, but we had to wait a long while for the eastbound lower World Way traffic to clear because we had to go across the entire roadway to go northward. There was no traffic light right there.
Old Dec 11, 2021, 12:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by HkCaGu
I often walked from T7 to QuikPark. Used to be T7-old tower-Sepulveda-Hyatt. This year I had to walk past LAX-it. So last night I arrived AA T4 and decided to take the LAX-it bus then walked to QuikPark.

When the bus lane ended after T7, an Econ Lot shuttle exited right away and left the CTA on the right lane, but we had to wait a long while for the eastbound lower World Way traffic to clear because we had to go across the entire roadway to go northward. There was no traffic light right there.
Did you continue east along the south side of WW before you tried to cross? There should be a crosswalk and light at the point where WW and Center Way merge. I think the only uncontrolled crosswalk should be across one lane at the very, very end of WW past the end of T7 (street view snapshot below, viewed from world way) past the end of all the bus lane islands.

I haven't flown out of LAX a few months, so it's possible that the construction messed up the crosswalks and lights, but they'd been pretty good about retaining walking routes through the pandemic.

Old Dec 30, 2021, 12:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So it's cheaper to park an electric car at the economy lot and charge it while you're away:

Would that mean you block the charger for your whole trip? Or does someone move your car after it's fully charged?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.