Reload this Page >

The Consolidated LAX Parking Thread (2001 - 2021) [Archived]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 30, 2017, 8:36 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TWA884
Newer posts on this topic have been relocated to a new thread.The Consolidated LAX Parking Thread (2019 - Date)
Print Wikipost

The Consolidated LAX Parking Thread (2001 - 2021) [Archived]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2002, 3:01 pm
Suspended

Worldtraveler...

A friend of mine just the other day told me about the 105 Freeway airport parking place. He swears by it. He also told me that they have a website where you can print your coupons out....here it is:

http://www.105airportparking.com/coupon.htm

I'm going to try them on my next trip.
Old Jan 13, 2002, 9:19 pm

I can't believe that none of the Airport Commissioners or the Commission staff have even taken an economics course. Demand falls, raise prices!

I believe it was only 16 months ago when the central terminal rates were increased from $16 per day to $24. It was stated at the time that they wanted to reduce long-term parking in the central area and encourage use of off-airport parking and public transportation.

What really upset me was that the day the airport parking rates increase took effect all of the off-airport lots increased their rates commensurately. I'm sure they will do the same this time around. They're hurting too, but here's another windfall for the private operators while all of the travelers get stuck.

Most of my parking is reimbursed (unless its a pleasure trip of course). When the rate was $16 per day I would too often park in the terminal when I was running behind schedule. I've not parked there since the rate went to $24 and I have no intention of ever returning.

Old Jan 15, 2002, 7:22 pm

Hey everyone, thanks for the 105 link. They gave me a stack of coupons, but nice to be able to print them up as well . One day free.

I am, again, disgusted with the increase price hike inside the airport. They are crazy, as yesterday, I could see the lot's in front of UA and they were the emptiest I have ever seen.

There is something freaky about the travel industry as to gouging the traveler. A new fee here, a new tax there. Fuel surcharge, even though fuel prices have come way down, segment tax/fee, increase the parking, energy tax on the hotel, which one of my hotels duly charged me, etc... ugh...

Try the 105, it is good. They are all so friendly and you can leave your bags at the front both when you arrive and depart, then run and get your car, or do valet.

With Park One, I am dragging my bags to the shuttle site, well, screw that one, thanks. They actually did me a favor by raising their rates.

------------------
MD
AA PLT,1 MLN Miles+
Hilton Gold
Sheraton Gold
Old Jul 9, 2002, 2:11 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus 1P MM
Favorite Parking Garage at LAX

I'm going to be calling LAX my home airport from now on and wanted to poll other LA flyers for their favorite covered, secure parking place. I'm leaning towards wallypark, but don't really know what's out there. Anybody have some advice?
Old Jul 10, 2002, 3:02 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, AA EXP, WN A-List, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Maver,

Everyone has their favorite spot at LAX. I used to be very partial to the Car Barn...but they changed names to The Parking Spot. They're not bad. Nothing special though. I think they've cut down on their vans....sometimes I have to wait too long for a pick-up shuttle. That's one of the main things I look for when choosing an offsite garage....how often do their vans come around when I want to get out of there.

As for the least expensive, 105 Airport Parking is only $10 a day (that includes taxes), and they have a coupon on their website you can print out...
www.105airportparking.com

When I have used them, their pickup times at the airport have been hit or miss.

Old Jul 10, 2002, 3:49 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
For a long trip with a carry-on rollerbag, consider public transportation. As an example, if you live near PCH, you can park on the street at or near home and take the bus to Century and Sepulveda. Getting off there and walking in is faster than taking the shuttle from the LAX Bus Center. The fastest is to skateboard in from Sepulveda, as I saw a Southwest employee do.

I am not sure, but you might be able to park on a residential street in El Segundo for a day or two and walk to Sepulveda to catch the bus.

I have found that for surface street travel at rush hour, the bus is just as fast as the car, discounting the time you have to wait at your originating bus stop.

For the fastest trip when driving to LAX, ParkOne next to Terminal 1 has a modest discount if you show them your Southwest Rapid Rewards card. You can walk to Terminal 1 faster than they can bus you there, which is pretty fast.
Old Jan 28, 2003, 10:02 pm

Need 30 day parking at LAX

Any suggestions on best rate for 30 day parking of auto near LAX? Thanks!

------------------
Old Jan 29, 2003, 4:21 am
Original Member

Location: The shape-shifting urban sprawl that is El Lay. FT member #71.
Programs: UA Gold & MM; DL & AA credit card dirt status; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Fool's Gold
Try one of the numerous office buildings on the north side of Century. Unfortunately you will probably have to wander down the street during weekday business hours to see which ones will rent to non-tenants. An old colleague did this about 18 months ago (for 60 days). Unfortunately he's no longer around to ask.

Probably best to focus on buildings next to a hotel, so shuttle service won't be a problem.

Also found this coupon for a lot on La Cienega (not personally familiar with them, and it's probably 2 miles from the terminals). Price is $165/month (probably plus 10% LA parking tax):

http://www.foxautoparks.com/content/...-monthly.shtml

[This message has been edited by Craig6z (edited 01-29-2003).]
Old Jan 29, 2003, 12:28 pm

Great suggestion, Craig. I appreciate your having taken time to help me; thanks!
Old May 15, 2003, 7:06 pm

LAX parking.com

Going to ORD for 5 days and I don't want to spend a bundle for parking.
Anyone ever try this place? Is it safe? Please give me your opinions about this parking service.

Thanks!
Old May 23, 2003, 4:44 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Haven't used them, but I do recommend this place -

http://www.theparkingspot.com/index....Home&flash=yes

Closest off-site to LAX that I know of and they are having a special rate right now.

Also, there is an In-N-Out next door to satisfy your inner carnivore.

Make mine a three by three, animal style, fries well done.

Old May 25, 2003, 4:57 am

Programs: NW Plat Elite, SPG Gold, National Emerald Club
I've used LAXParking.com. One thing I can say, it's cheap, and it's relatively close to the airport. >IF< the van was at the lot, it rarely ever took more than 5 minutes to get to Terminal 2 (Although I take red-eyes, so take that timing with a grain of salt).

But there's a lot of things you sacrifice for saving the money --

1) The people that work there aren't very nice.

2) The van service isn't very efficient or frequent -- you have to call them if you need a pickup, something you don't need if you use the larger lots.

3) It's an open parking lot, and it's definitely NOT secure, especially during the night. There have been times I've parked there, and had to wait for 15 minutes for ANYONE to come back to the lot to come to drop me off.

However.. It >is< cheap -- but you will, once in your first few stays, either be talked to rudely or have to wait for 15-30 minutes to get picked up from the airport. Your call, but the Parking Spot rocks (esp. the valet service). Sure, it's twice as much, but hey, make it up with the free water
Old May 28, 2003, 1:43 pm

Best for me is the 105 Parking.

Sepulveda Blvd West of the 105 freeway.

$10 a day. Very good service and friendly people. If you have time, check out the view from the top floor, it is multi level.

I used to do Park One and then just got fed up with the parking in the outer field and the shuttle service isn't what it used to be. At 105, leave your bags downstairs.
At Park 1, drag the dang things across the lot to the shuttle, no thanks.

I would only consider using Park One if flying out of Terminal 1, which is nextdoor.

------------------
PA747-May it rest in Peace
Old Jun 4, 2003, 12:42 pm

Parking at LAX

Aside from Lot C, what are some preferred parking lots (including hotels') with regard to service, price, and perks.
Thanks!
Old Jun 4, 2003, 1:57 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by dhmarcus:
Aside from Lot C, what are some preferred parking lots (including hotels') with regard to service, price, and perks.
Thanks!
</font>
http://www.flyertalk.com/airports/ft...ML/000086.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.